Hull small defensive capability

Hi, I think from my point of view hull in ed is pretty much useless because of modules and that really sucks. It would be better if modules get damage resistance somehow based on amount of hull and hull hardness ship has and the more ship hull is damaged the less resistance modules have. From logical point of view it makes sense.
strange.jpg

Last edited:
Basically it is already as you described, please pay attention to weapon parameters min/max breach chance and breach damage.
The more hull ship the less damage internal modules receive.
External modules have nothing to do with the hull, they protected by shield only.

Sorry my description is a bit off. If you directly shooting on some internal module like power plant damage which is that module receiving is too high. It is just too easy to destroy it.

I understand where you come from. I promptly leave any battle once my shields are down.
But I have to conclude that the current implementation does make kind of sense - at least historically. I imagine the ships are modular in the same manner our regular warships are. So when a ship gets hit, there is a good chance the armour deflects the shell or at least protects the internals from the explosion. But the shell might get inside and the damage is then quite serious. Of course, you isolate the damaged area so your ship stays afloat but the internal compartment is pretty much destroyed.
And and imagine our guns would be accurate enough to be able to hit a specific location repeatedly. The armour at that location gets destroyed soon and you've got just a hole and open way to your internal. For the hull itself it's just a loss of few percents of its integrity it is a hole and 0 protection for whatever is behind that armour.
Also, fully engineered hulls usually can stand quite a beating, regular NPCs are not a good sample of hull toughness.

But again, I hear you, RES hunting Anacondas is just ridiculous.

Yea exactly big and heavy armored ships like Anaconda,Corvette,T10 if you are attacking them you dont care how much armor they have you just shot power plant and its pretty much easy fight. Its like having button on tank which you just need to press and BOOM

Last edited:
I think you should try different kind of activities instead of killing Anacondas in res.
Please consider combat zone missions: they are well payed, some of them with g5 mats, also you can collect mats between rounds.🙃

You know MRPs are a thing? I have two on my Corvette if for no other reason that protecting against a round of Reverb Cascade Torps!!

I think you should try different kind of activities instead of killing Anacondas in res.
Please consider combat zone missions: they are well payed, some of them with g5 mats, also you can collect mats between rounds.🙃
Who talks about PVE ? Im talking about it in general. I don´t care about materials because i have almost everythink i wanted and i have many engineered modules everythink i need to do is switch them from one ship to another.

You know MRPs are a thing? I have two on my Corvette if for no other reason that protecting against a round of Reverb Cascade Torps!!
Yes I know about them. From my point of view is just to easy to destroy internal modules and there needs to be a slight buff at least. You need to understand me if you have two times the armor you have two times the protective layer which is protecting whole ship including modules of course but in elite there is not this type of mechanic or im not aware about this kind of mechanic. I´m aware of thrusters for example this type of module is "half internal" so im ok with them to be destroyable easily because it is understandable but other modules are just far to easy to destroy. Reactor is core system of the ship same for Power Distributor it would be understandable to be protected much more than their are now in default.

Basically it is already as you described, please pay attention to weapon parameters min/max breach chance and breach damage.
The more hull ship the less damage internal modules receive.

This is true.

External modules have nothing to do with the hull, they protected by shield only.

Hull rating and hull resistances still apply to external modules, as do MRPs (though to a lesser degree). Penetration depth and breach chances do not, of course.

If you directly shooting on some internal module like power plant damage which is that module receiving is too high. It is just too easy to destroy it.

A ship built with module damage as a consideration is rarely going to lose it's powerplant before the ship is on verge of being destroyed outright.

Very few setups cannot manage with an armored powerplant and there are many ways to mitigate internal damage, from appropriate module selection to how one pilots the ship itself.

Yea exactly big and heavy armored ships like Anaconda,Corvette,T10 if you are attacking them you dont care how much armor they have you just shot power plant and its pretty much easy fight. Its like having button on tank which you just need to press and BOOM

One of my most used PvP ships is a hybrid corvette.

It has never lost a critical internal before it was out of hull integrity and it's always had over 6000 hull in it's combat config.

Trying to module snipe it only means the ship lasts longer....every successful penetration detracts from the damage to the hull and it's still going to run out of hull first, even against a wing of railgunners.

I have a vulture with about 1600 hull and 94% internal protection. It all depends how many MRPs you stack.
Same works on most ships.
Also, instead of overcharging your powerplant, make them armored and double-braced.
You don't need to have everything powered while in combat, just shut down scoops, AFMUs, interdictors and other non offensive or defensive systems if power is an issue.

Top Bottom