Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

The Replicated Man

T
I'll be honest it does not bother me, I did watch the stream, and I do know a tiny bit about shields. Mamba boost ramming a Cutter always ends the same way. Unless you change the playing field then the Mamba can take it's kicking and keep on ticking. I'd personally do not it, don't really see why you need to. You can fly and fight well enough without using them.

Maximum Backpedal

Then Frontier should reverse engineer (see what I did there?) the hud color portion of the hack and make it available in-game, for free.
Does it even work?
I haven't seen it in action, or any SS of the HUD changes, nevermind seeing how it affects, or doesn't affect the other screen elements.

ryan_m

Banned
Does it even work?
I haven't seen it in action, or any SS of the HUD changes, nevermind seeing how it affects, or doesn't affect the other screens.

It works. One of the users made a youtube video and posted it to these very forums. It got moderated.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Not sure if this has been addressed. Could these cheats be applied to bots hauling the mail? Seems like a dagger in the bgs.

Last edited:
Maximum Backpedal

I've not changed my stance in the slightest. All you can do is take him at his word and watch the screen. Miss match in damage taken, stating that the shield mod keep making the game crash, if I have been fooled by my eyes and words spoken then great gag, however I retract nothing. I've attempted to shield tank a Mamba, 4K is about the max I could get, I'd not be ramming Cutters with that. But as stated I do need to learn a bit more about the game.

The Replicated Man

T
you really need me to comment on that given the recent revelation? as a PVPer I see the result of these tools all to often.
I seriously doubt 3of9 would resort to cheating. Especially after all the time and investment he has in game. Granted he was running an alt when he engaged you, but since he revealed it was him I think you might have jumped the gun on the accusations.

He has more than 2 accounts you know.

ryan_m

Banned
I seriously doubt 3of9 would resort to cheating. Especially after all the time and investment he has in game. Granted he was running an alt when he engaged you, but since he revealed it was him I think you might have jumped the gun on the accusations.

He has more than 2 accounts you know.

Remember that it wasn't "threeofnine", but an alt account of his. Harry did not know it was an alt. If you got engaged by 2-3 hackers a day while streaming and a random mostly harmless conda shows up and starts dunking, your spidey sense would tingle too.

The Replicated Man

T
Remember that it wasn't "threeofnine", but an alt account of his. Harry did not know it was an alt.
No I understand
Remember that it wasn't "threeofnine", but an alt account of his. Harry did not know it was an alt. If you got engaged by 2-3 hackers a day while streaming and a random mostly harmless conda shows up and starts dunking, your spidey sense would tingle too.
He get's engaged by 2-3 a day???? What?!

Thats crazy. I'd be interested in seeing some clips man.

I see plenty of stuff I think is suspicious fairly frequently (though I'd suspect the players of infamous and more actively reviled CMDRs see far more), I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt...unless it still looks suspicious on review and I see the same sort of thing from the same person more than once.

Not like there would be anything I could do about it in the heat of the moment anyway.

I thought No Fans and Comrade was hacking one time back when the heat meta was thing.

I dont know what was worse, me calling them hackers. Or Fdev implementing something like that in the first place. It blew my mind when I found it about it. Felt bad about that too. They're cool though.

This is one of the reasons why I always try to play the betas...so I know what sort of insanity is coming next.

Heat superiority was pretty amusing while it lasted though, not that I miss it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom