The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Somewhere out there, and I cannot remember exactly where, and I am not going to drag myself through a near-decade of Genuine Roberts waffle trying to find it - but he says "64 bit is twice as powerful as 32 bit"

Im amazed... amazed that he didn't try and claim its 6 times as powerful. With CIG's business model they can get much more power from 64 bit than those using a traditional business model.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Somewhere out there, and I cannot remember exactly where, and I am not going to drag myself through a near-decade of Genuine Roberts waffle trying to find it - but he says "64 bit is twice as powerful as 32 bit"

lol, come on. I remember his chat with another developer about conservation of momentum and angular momentum in space and how little actual physics knowledge he seems to have. But that comment about 64b being twice as powerful as 32b... Come on really? Would pay lots of UEE credits to see that link! :LOL:

Edit: It was Richard Garriot:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

Last edited:
Well, he is TECHNICALLY correct since 64 is twice the number of 32.

But i do wonder what reasoning or context went through his head or if he just had a brainfart.

That's not the fault of the Devs or SC as a project...that's down to greed and gross mismanagement of resources entirely due to that greed by a Hollywood marketing and sales team. We all hope it'll change, and soon....but none of us are holding our breath :confused:

I feel it would be a mistake to disconnect Star Citizen from its management/company and view them as two seperate entities.

Star Citizen goes where CIG directs it to go and is just a vessel or tool for the companies decisions. I think a lot of the arguments are spawned because people dream about Star Citizens vision instead of accepting grim reality. The vision is an illusion by now. CIG has demonstrated time and time again what they can and will achieve. Certainly enough to make a decision and not cling to hope. But thats exactly what many continue to do.

Its also futile because even if you view the whole thing as 3 seperate parts (devs/workforce - the game itself - management) you have to accept that 100% of the control lies at management with the other 2 just trailing along.

So IMO if there are any doubts or criticism the company should be absolutely RIPPED for their actions and forced to communicate....how do you expect things to change otherwise? Only with Star Citizen CIG can easily hide behind its screen of yes-men and fanatics who deflect and defend it against any kind of criticism, legit or not by simultanously fueling the whole thing with their money. Meanwhile management is simply continuining what it does because frankly....there is no "reason" to change anything. Money comes in and even if the project by now probably is dead on release people get paid and are focusing on a MVP that allows them to twiddle away scott-free in case this all collapses under its own weight.

Just saying....there are obvious risks and dangers involved with the current course Star Citizen takes. The responsible factors are either known or can be aquired. With so much at stake there really is no reason to "sit back and hope/trust". Once again I m glad I never bought into this because being invested and seeing my money burn up (not as part of a risk but....as many facts point to....but as a pure waste of mismanagement) would devastate me and make me very vocal in my criticism of CIG (yes....probably much more then I currently am)

Focus of criticism has very early shifted to CIG and the top people involved. For the longest time defenders have preached the "wait and see" argument only for CIG to demonstrate that any doubts were valid from the beginning. I d say the window for change is probably gone already. Getting rid of CR and putting in "competent" people instead equals a revolt that the company in its current weakened state wont survive. The majority clearly missed that focus direction and instead translated any criticism to "hate of the game" when in truth people speak up and are critical because they love the game. This certainly doesnt count for everybody who is critical of SC but lots of people who claim that to be the reason sound very believable and provide good arguments/reasons for their posts.

If the money in question would be gone and couldnt be recovered then I would share your attitude ("We all hope it'll change, and soon....but none of us are holding our breath") but the fact is that CIG is trying to get new money and is doing so by upholding an illusion of doing well and "being on track", all the while drawing fresh money from backers with more promises. These actions alone make the project in its current form a scam to me. And the people who currently "sit back and hope" really have no right to complain after the dust settles and they are somehow disappointed with the results. Real blame and part-guilt goes to those who continued to throw money at CIG and even moreso the ones who participated in spite-pledging (as mind-boggling as it might be).

If Star Citizen really fails there will be no need for a forensic investigation to identify the reasons. The reasons for its failure would have been pretty obvious for years already with people who saw it coming being attacked and shut down by mindless sheep who screamed "hate" and whatnot.

Yes...I love Star Citizen....the idea of the project at least. I blame CIG and "hate" on them for what they do. This is a detail that many defenders seem to be unable to comprehend.

Today's ATV - whatever - it's full of lulz!

Damage thruster modules! Piercable tech! They still cannot network client server / server client so mix both up get the worst of both worlds! Collectible Nali healing fruit! Eating salad onscreen is fashionable! 890 Jump is erm, a bling ship with didn't remain within their design constraints so they re-re-redesigned it - now with MOAR fidelitous swimming pool.
Most likely those things are being done by different teams and the networking team is having a harder time getting things done.

My turn for some delayed footage from the recent Free Fly weekend . I only just got my RAM back from RMA.

I quite like ability to be able to get out of the seat and EVA, but it doesnt always go to plan as this vid shows (damn pirates) ..

And whilst on my EVA I discovered that the game is not quite as open world as it would seem, you certainly cant just go anywhere.

lol, come on. I remember his chat with another developer about conservation of momentum and angular momentum in space and how little actual physics knowledge he seems to have. But that comment about 64b being twice as powerful as 32b... Come on really? Would pay lots of UEE credits to see that link! :LOL:

Edit: It was Richard Garriot:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

The cringe triples when you learn that Garriott's the son of an astronaut who has also been up to the ISS himself.

Chris just splothering nonsense all over him is kinda painful to watch.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The cringe triples when you learn that Garriott's the son of an astronaut who has also been up to the ISS himself.

Chris just splothering nonsense all over him is kinda painful to watch.

Technically speaking Garriott forgot a way (there are a couple others...) you can actually change your momentum without an external force. Passing wind. 😋

I feel it would be a mistake to disconnect Star Citizen from its management/company and view them as two seperate entities.

Star Citizen goes where CIG directs it to go and is just a vessel or tool for the companies decisions. I think a lot of the arguments are spawned because people dream about Star Citizens vision instead of accepting grim reality. The vision is an illusion by now. CIG has demonstrated time and time again what they can and will achieve. Certainly enough to make a decision and not cling to hope. But thats exactly what many continue to do.

Its also futile because even if you view the whole thing as 3 seperate parts (devs/workforce - the game itself - management) you have to accept that 100% of the control lies at management with the other 2 just trailing along.

So IMO if there are any doubts or criticism the company should be absolutely RIPPED for their actions and forced to communicate....how do you expect things to change otherwise? Only with Star Citizen CIG can easily hide behind its screen of yes-men and fanatics who deflect and defend it against any kind of criticism, legit or not by simultanously fueling the whole thing with their money. Meanwhile management is simply continuining what it does because frankly....there is no "reason" to change anything. Money comes in and even if the project by now probably is dead on release people get paid and are focusing on a MVP that allows them to twiddle away scott-free in case this all collapses under its own weight.

Just saying....there are obvious risks and dangers involved with the current course Star Citizen takes. The responsible factors are either known or can be aquired. With so much at stake there really is no reason to "sit back and hope/trust". Once again I m glad I never bought into this because being invested and seeing my money burn up (not as part of a risk but....as many facts point to....but as a pure waste of mismanagement) would devastate me and make me very vocal in my criticism of CIG (yes....probably much more then I currently am)

Focus of criticism has very early shifted to CIG and the top people involved. For the longest time defenders have preached the "wait and see" argument only for CIG to demonstrate that any doubts were valid from the beginning. I d say the window for change is probably gone already. Getting rid of CR and putting in "competent" people instead equals a revolt that the company in its current weakened state wont survive. The majority clearly missed that focus direction and instead translated any criticism to "hate of the game" when in truth people speak up and are critical because they love the game. This certainly doesnt count for everybody who is critical of SC but lots of people who claim that to be the reason sound very believable and provide good arguments/reasons for their posts.

If the money in question would be gone and couldnt be recovered then I would share your attitude ("We all hope it'll change, and soon....but none of us are holding our breath") but the fact is that CIG is trying to get new money and is doing so by upholding an illusion of doing well and "being on track", all the while drawing fresh money from backers with more promises. These actions alone make the project in its current form a scam to me. And the people who currently "sit back and hope" really have no right to complain after the dust settles and they are somehow disappointed with the results. Real blame and part-guilt goes to those who continued to throw money at CIG and even moreso the ones who participated in spite-pledging (as mind-boggling as it might be).

If Star Citizen really fails there will be no need for a forensic investigation to identify the reasons. The reasons for its failure would have been pretty obvious for years already with people who saw it coming being attacked and shut down by mindless sheep who screamed "hate" and whatnot.

Yes...I love Star Citizen....the idea of the project at least. I blame CIG and "hate" on them for what they do. This is a detail that many defenders seem to be unable to comprehend.
I really love the idea of the project too, but i also detest the people who are running it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom