Notice Bridging the Gap - Community Goal Feedback

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Did you try resetting your filter and then selecting POIs? The structure should be on the moon The Prospect is orbiting.
Cheers Vardaugas... Already set filters .....rebooted into solo mode and hey-presto...all is back on stream... Thanks Cmdr o7

Can anyone shed light on just what I'm doing wrong... I'm in the Synuefe EN-H DH-96 system looking for the Guardian structure...I thought it was on Planet 7A but have FSS'd the whole system, scanned the Nav Beacon and even mapped the planet all to no avail...no Guardian Structure found anywhere. Also my Left Nav panel keeps going blank with no details showing at all... is there a problem here?

o7

Did you mean Synuefe EN-H d11-96 as this is the system the CG is in?

The shocking thing here is that this and the non-jump actually got as far as being released, what is it with their QA/testers?

What non jump, I parked at the ferry in one system before logging off late Wednesday night early hours of Thursday morning logged in and found myself in the ferry in the other system now on Thursday afternoon. The only slight surprise was the CG had already started, I half expected it to start at 15:00 UTC.

Did you mean Synuefe EN-H d11-96 as this is the system the CG is in?
Yes sorry that was a typo not Synuefe EN-H DH-96... should have read Synuefe EN-H D11-96.. which is exactly where I am. Thanks (have now found the Guardian Structure... it was 'glitch' I think...changing modes cleared it)

o7

Hi @Will Flanagan,

Is there any news available on the strange BGS changes that occurred during server downtime? The one that reset the security rating that some players had been attempting to alter, and broke the influence of both factions in the system? If Zende's recent rise of 40% was not another edit, then you're going to have a War state on your hands anyway as the CG progresses, which may get in the way of Phase 3... perhaps it would have been best to just not edit it at all.

So, you won't give the DEVS a break, but you want to be cut some slack so you can be rude and presumptuous freely?

Why don't YOU go design, develop and release a game that'll be perfect and flawless, and get back to us to rub it in their faces.

Best of luck with that

I am a consumer of games not a developer.
I have no intention of becoming a developer.
I have an opinion am entitled to express it.
I don't know why developers feel the need to big up the difficulty of their job, it's not that hard really if you have the skill set.
I don't understand why developers feel the need to defend each other when errors happen, and the frequency of errors seems to be increasing.

I have an opinion am entitled to express it.
I don't know why developers feel the need to big up the difficulty of their job, it's not that hard really if you have the skill set.
I don't understand why developers feel the need to defend each other when errors happen, and the frequency of errors seems to be increasing.

Point 1 - Fine go ahead and express it.
Point 2 - Then you have no understanding of how challenging being a developer can be, especially when you are dealing with Online Games which in my opinion is the most one of the most challenging of Disciplines of software development out side of safety critical systems (i.e. Flight control software, Power Plant Management software etc.)
Point 3 - Most Developers feel they should defend fellow developers because they have all been there been there when something falls over and they don't know why. In Software development, it's like being the Murderer, Detective and victim rolled into one when a show stopping bug hits. Mostly, they feel need to defend against people who think they know all about development because they've seen a coding montage in the movies and think 'Gosh, that looks easy' (I think that's half the project managers I know who have no idea about the platforms we develop on).

I thought the whole idea of the galactic incentives where to get away from the mundanity of GG, and yet here I Am reading more than one thread about yet another GG going a bit pear shaped.

I forgot the game was even installed until steam did an update to it yesterday, and no nothing I have seen thus far from the GI’s has made me want to log in and take part in them.

(No I didn't vote in the first week as I might hang about here but thought it unfair to cast a vote that would impact those playing the game.

Point 1 - Fine go ahead and express it.
Point 2 - Then you have no understanding of how challenging being a developer can be, especially when you are dealing with Online Games which in my opinion is the most one of the most challenging of Disciplines of software development out side of safety critical systems (i.e. Flight control software, Power Plant Management software etc.)
Point 3 - Most Developers feel they should defend fellow developers because they have all been there been there when something falls over and they don't know why. In Software development, it's like being the Murderer, Detective and victim rolled into one when a show stopping bug hits. Mostly, they feel need to defend against people who think they know all about development because they've seen a coding montage in the movies and think 'Gosh, that looks easy' (I think that's half the project managers I know who have no idea about the platforms we develop on).

LOL - I think you make my point for me, it's not that hard dude - REALLY!

I hope to god you're being sarcastic.

absolutely not.
In comparison if you transfer this to what I do for a living, build houses, to the way this works on this forum, then every time someone had a sticky door I should say to them "you don't understand, build your own hose next time, and then all the labourers carpenters plasterers etc... could join in and say YEAH BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE NEXT TIME!"

Yes it may be difficult, but acceptance of failure or incompleteness appears to have become the norm in your industry.

Last edited:
absolutely not.
In comparison if you transfer this to what I do for a living, build houses, to the way this works on this forum, then every time someone had a sticky door I should say to them "you don't understand, build your own hose next time, and then all the labourers carpenters plasterers etc... could join in and say YEAH BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE NEXT TIME!"

Yes it may be difficult, but acceptance of failure or incompleteness appears to have become the norm in your industry.

A sticky door can be fixed by DIY, you don't have to demolish the house and start again. And don't get me started on some of the building trade, how come you have to have sites like 'trust a trader', if it's so perfect. For example, I've just found out that the lot that put our houses up broke the rules and didn't put in the right pipes for the plumbing which is why the heating doesn't work properly (probably to save costs). The Building Industry is full of failures and incompleteness, just look at the amount of cowboys that are out there. Why do you think people have to do learn to do DIY is because of the incompleteness of some firms.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hello Commanders,

We've heard the feedback regarding the collecting of Guardian Commodities in this week's Bridging the Gap Community Goal and we just wanted to address this with you.

Initially, we had intended to allow Commanders to collect Guardian Materials alongside Guardian Commodities in this CG. However, when it came to implementing the CG, we decided to run with one CG, rather than two, and this meant we had to choose between Commodities or Materials. To fit in line with the narrative concerning Zende Partners, we chose Guardian Commodities. This should have been updated on this thread and we apologise that this wasn't the case. We have now updated the thread for clarity.

We've discussed the feedback with the dev team and are exploring ways to increase the frequency of which the USSs spawn.

Updated: For those Commanders who are unlucky enough to feel the brunt of the law, we will be moving the Detention Center 'The Panopticon' adding a new Detention Center 'Pilgrim's Ruin' to the system of HR 3005. This may require a server restart, so don't be alarmed if you receive an in-game notification.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused!

Thanks Will. Can you confirm if Guardian Commodities (not Materials) can be found in USS's as well? I've visited over 15 yesterday and all that spawned were Guardian materials. Not a single commodity.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Thanks Will. Can you confirm if Guardian Commodities (not Materials) can be found in USS's as well? I've visited over 15 yesterday and all that spawned were Guardian materials. Not a single commodity.

Hello Rootsrat,

The wreckage USSs will provide you with Guardian Materials, but for Guardian Commodities, you'll need to find the convoy USSs.

Hello Rootsrat,

The wreckage USSs will provide you with Guardian Materials, but for Guardian Commodities, you'll need to find the convoy USSs.
Hi Will,

This has been my observation as well. But I wish FDev reconsiders this as this reduces the options to either become a criminal or to do things extremely slowly. USSs spawning Guardian Commodities would be a great way for all kinds of CMDRs to participate in this CG.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom