OLT3 status update:

In the 30 inhabited systems within 20Ly of Shinrarta Dezhra there's 162 factions. I'm now allied with 54 factions that has been given beneficiary missions by TDW. 82 of the 162 have been given non-beneficiary missions by TDW. There's a small overlap of factions given both kind of missions, giving the impression that TDW's not really knowing what they're doing.

That leaves me about 30 more factions I potentially need to be Allied with. Still a fair amount of work, fortunately I don't start from scratch (Neutral) with all of them, since I've been spending credits on donation missions every time I've seen one for factions I'm not yet allied with.

Haven't seen much to Eravarenth, but I'm pretty that TDW have zero love for Nuenets Blue Crew.

Last edited:
OLT3 status update:

In the 30 inhabited systems within 20Ly of Shinrarta Dezhra there's 162 factions. I'm now allied with 54 factions that has been given beneficiary missions by TDW. 82 of the 162 have been given non-beneficiary missions by TDW. There's a small overlap of factions given both kind of missions, giving the impression that TDW's not really knowing what they're doing.

That leaves me about 30 more factions I potentially need to be Allied with. Still a fair amount of work, fortunately I don't start from scratch (Neutral) with all of them, since I've been spending credits on donation missions every time I've seen one for factions I'm not yet allied with.

Haven't seen much to Eravarenth, but I'm pretty that TDW have zero love for Nuenets Blue Crew.

Nice work Macros.

I'm just about to complete my latest update for TDW missions and factions as seen from Shinrarta, and as an aside I've also been looking at the passenger missions they're handing out too to see if there is anything in the data there that might be useful.

Anecdotally, it appears TDW missions for supply of equipment (Evacuation Shelters, Performance Enhancers, Agri-Medicines, Reactive Armour, Survival Equipment, and other similar supplies) are the only ones that are Recommended Rank = Founder or Elite (Black Logo). There is also a definite bias towards Allegiance = Federation (and one or two Independents, one of which is a Player Faction 'Elite Space Rangers' so I have a few doubts about that one being legit).

All the other missions, are varied in ranks, Elite (Green - Exploration?), Elite (Gold - Combat?), Elite (Black - Trade?) or lower. I assume those colours are correct for the logos / rank types, but if someone can confirm my understanding about them that'd be great?

The negative missions for the same factions they're 'helping' with the supply of equipment all seem to be targeting a Pirate for Assassination.

I need more data for accuracy, but it 'seems' that missions to factions with Rank = Founder or Elite might be a good focus, and where I'm concentrating my limited in-game time.

Fly Dangerous.
/Ra

Edit: I've noted the Blue Hand Gang has the facial tattoos that Guru has been on the lookout for, I'll check the NBC when I see one next.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why not.

Theory:
1) David Braben states "It's in the game and FDev knows where it is."
2) Michael Brooks states "No clues".
3) It has to be in the bubble, a distance reachable by a Sidewinder, given old Jump Drive range in the 1984 game, and the Dark Wheel Lore.
4) Alec Ryder was killed outside of either Lave or Leesti and knew of Raxxla, as he told his son 18 minutes before an assassian blew up his ship and ejecting his son in an escape pod.
5) Alex Ryder was not Elite, as it is suspected that those of the Dark Wheel only admits those who are, and Alec was not a member, but only knew about them.

That's all I have so far, and there are hundreds of theories on the location, but I believe it is in the bubble, close to Earth.

o7...
1). There is no evidence that suggest Raxxla is anymore near the bubble than it is far outside the bubble. Just because older, antique ships had poorer jump ranges, doesn't mean no explorer ever went on lengthy, and distant voyages. Additionally everyone seems to forget about Quirium Drives existed once: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Frame_Shift_Drive (see history).

2). Jason Ryder was killed near the Earth-like planet Leesti.

3). Alex wasn't Elite by the end of the Dark Wheel novella, but its likely possible he would become one. And if "And Here the Wheel" is to be considered Canon, he did.

Theory:
4) Alec Ryder was killed outside of either Lave or Leesti and knew of Raxxla, as he told his son 18 minutes before an assassian blew up his ship and ejecting his son in an escape pod.
5) Alex Ryder was not Elite, as it is suspected that those of the Dark Wheel only admits those who are, and Alec was not a member, but only knew about them.
Just for clarity:
1. Alex's father was Jason Ryder, not Alec.
2. Alex Ryder most certainly was a member of The Dark Wheel. In fact, he was at one point the leader of The Dark Wheel. Its all in John Harper's novel And Here The Wheel.

I stand corrected on the names of the Ryder family. You are correct. I wish the search for Raxxla would play out in either mission leading to clues or possibly Galnet stories connected to the lore.
Maybe it is.....

“Our analysts have recovered a few fragments of these recordings, which appear to have been part of a dream journal. In them, Romero makes repeated mention of seeing ‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ and being called by ‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body’.”

Maybe it is.....

“Our analysts have recovered a few fragments of these recordings, which appear to have been part of a dream journal. In them, Romero makes repeated mention of seeing ‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ and being called by ‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body’.”
Stella remnants where you can hear whispers from witchspace??

Maybe it is.....

It's well worth paying attention to the Romero story. He was living in Vega.

Vega is one of the best candidates for Princess Astrophel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cowherd_and_the_Weaver_Girl

Perhaps something can bee seen or heard, only in that system? Some spiraling stars or something?

It's well worth paying attention to the Romero story. He was living in Vega.

Vega is one of the best candidates for Princess Astrophel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cowherd_and_the_Weaver_Girl

Perhaps something can bee seen or heard, only in that system? Some spiraling stars or something?
What do we know about the cmdr who's dbx it was that was stolen? I forget the name but they say it the first galnews about the stolen dbx. I've been listening to the 4 galnews articles while playing and I'm pretty sure they mention a system but can't recall ATM as I'm at work.

I had mentioned I thought this stolen dbx might somehow be connected to children of raxxla (salomé) but everyone got mad as hell about it.

What do we know about the cmdr who's dbx it was that was stolen? I forget the name but they say it the first galnews about the stolen dbx. I've been listening to the 4 galnews articles while playing and I'm pretty sure they mention a system but can't recall ATM as I'm at work.

I had mentioned I thought this stolen dbx might somehow be connected to children of raxxla (salomé) but everyone got mad as hell about it.
No other system is mentioned in the four articles. The DBX owner came to Vega from a deep space exploration trip.

Blunt question: Does anyone know whether DB is as mason? There are several names in the game that only make sense to a mason. So if he is a member there is a possibility the riddle is based on masonic symbolism.

E.g.: Rift/Abss. There is a certain part in an A.:A.: rite where the candidate is saved from an abyss/rift by „a friend“.

There was another guy a while back in this thread who said he "checked" all systems with words relevant to a master mason. I can't seem to find that post though.

It certainly can't hurt to check again, given that any location is as likely as any other right now.

I would disagree that there are game elements that ONLY make sense to a mason. There is an ordinary meaning to the term rift (and abyss). In fact, there's a whole RPG called "Rifts" that's centered around portals to other universes. If DB has locked some pieces of the Raxxla puzzle away behind membership in a secret society, that's not even remotely within the ballpark of "[I made the trail to Raxxla] a little bit obvious so you would know you're on the right track".

Maybe it is.....

"an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven".

Like a nebula?

Maybe it is.....

The 'area of space, not black but radiant... glowing like heaven' is a good description of the Galactic Core.
The material quoted from Gan Romero's 'dream journal' is strikingly reminiscent of Halsey's experience whilst in cryosleep in her escape pod. Could they both have seen Raxxla? It would be great if the DBX that Gan Romero is flying was something we could find in-game. Keep your eyes peeled if you're doing a Sgr A* run!

Top Bottom