Returning Worth a Punt

Ayup,

I played for a while on launch and got Horizons. Had a vulture and was enjoying it until I started to feel a little alone out there on xbox.

Has much changed in the last 12 months and are there a few Cmdrs knocking about these days?

There are always CMDRs around somewhere. I saw loads at Jameson this morning and there were two at Alcazar's Hope in Merope this afternoon. Distant Worlds explorers will start coming back to the bubble any time now, there were 1,200+ on Xbox

Hello Bongo when did you become a Mod? Remember your name from the forums when I was around last time.

Cheers for reply.

Looking around the forums, there are a lot of people having issues it seems.

Is there anybody playing on a standard console that is not having issues or have I gone and picked a terrible time to come back 😅

Is there anybody playing on a standard console that is not having issues or have I gone and picked a terrible time to come back 😅

I'm not really having many issues. I had the FSS bug out on me a couple of times and some frame rate drops here and there but I haven't had any serious problems with the game.

I'm on an XB1 Elite, fittingly, and since the most recent patch everything's fine so far.

The most recent main update absolutely killshotted a lot of people's fps... me included, but that got fixed swiftly, and I think maybe it's as smooth as it's ever been? Or at least equal to its past best.

Re how much has changed; that kinda depends on what you care most about. The new mining system's fun (and pays well), and the game at long, long last got some actual exploration mechanics... I'm an anti-social role-playing bar-steward, so you'd have to ask others about PvP. ; -) The Codex, Pilot's Handbook, and voiced Galnet feed are all fine additions, but some may completely ignore them, so those are very subjective.

The game now feels a little more lively in terms of signal sources, mission triggers, new installations, and so on.

I personally can't find any other conclusion than it's easily the best it's ever been, but I am always a glass half full kinda guy when it comes to this game.

Ayup,

I played for a while on launch and got Horizons. Had a vulture and was enjoying it until I started to feel a little alone out there on xbox.

Has much changed in the last 12 months and are there a few Cmdrs knocking about these days?
Ah a fellow pirate, perhaps you like to join the D.M.S, the only and best pirate faction on xbx

I've got a "Day One" XB1. Auto-dock in Open Play has bumped my Type-9's tail on entry a few times, but besides that, just a few minor multiplayer bugs.

For anyone also thinking of coming back I can confirm that my old day 1 xbox is managing just fine with the game and that I am having a good time with the many changes made since launch.

Last night I took the Jolly Robbed Ya for a little spin in some anarchy systems and managed to acquire some cold temp diamonds. My thanks to the poor fellow who donated them.

Loving being back.

Top Bottom