Option to hide Pandable Planets

Deleted member 38366

D
Technically.... but only if you run the non-Horizons Version of the Game.

Obviously that'll change both visuals and of course removes the landing Option.

But that's the only way to change the System Map Visuals to hide landable Planet markings that I'm aware of.

I'm going to guess, then that the OP means "hide the landable planets from being listed on the System Map Navigational Targets submenu", not "hide the landable planets from the actual map".

It's only really an issue in star systems where there are a whole bunch of airless moons that are landable, and just one of them out in the outer reaches of the star system has a landable base. You have to scroll and scroll to find it in the list.

I'm going to guess, then that the OP means "hide the landable planets from being listed on the System Map Navigational Targets submenu", not "hide the landable planets from the actual map".

It's only really an issue in star systems where there are a whole bunch of airless moons that are landable, and just one of them out in the outer reaches of the star system has a landable base. You have to scroll and scroll to find it in the list.

Correct mate, I would like a Filter option like Navigation panel in System Map's last panel :)

Deleted member 38366

D
Hm, the NAV Filter has an Option to filter landable Planets out indeed :
(just unsure how useful that is to the OP)

Umm, can't you just set the nav-filter to only show stations/bases?

I use Landfall Planets and Moons in Nav panel for exploring and planet surface prospecting. I know System Map's main screen also shows all bodies except Nav panel show distances between them.

In the system map is a tab where all system objects are listed. The planetary bases are at the bottom. I would like an option to minimize the categories so I can get quicker to the places I want to go. Also I'd like to zoom in directly into the planetary map when I click again on the planetary base entry after zooming in to the planet in the system map.

Hm, the NAV Filter has an Option to filter landable Planets out indeed :
(just unsure how useful that is to the OP)

View attachment 132044

Aren't planetside stations a sublist of landable planets and moons, so if you filter out landable planets and moons it will also filter out settlements on those landable planets and moons? I suppose it's fine if you only want the stations.

Deleted member 38366

D
Aren't planetside stations a sublist of landable planets and moons, so if you filter out landable planets and moons it will also filter out settlements on those landable planets and moons? I suppose it's fine if you only want the stations.

No, they'll still appear since "Settlements" is a separate Filter Option.

I just want the Filter options like Galaxy Map's Map View Configuration or Options panel which I assume is doable in System Map.

In the system map is a tab where all system objects are listed. The planetary bases are at the bottom. I would like an option to minimize the categories so I can get quicker to the places I want to go. Also I'd like to zoom in directly into the planetary map when I click again on the planetary base entry after zooming in to the planet in the system map.

This is an alternative solution except I bet all Categories will either be fully collapsed or expanded, and you will need to manually collapse or expand as needed.

I always select my destination from the Nav panel when in system if it is a station or base, but I can see why someone who opens the system map to do it would want a filter for the list.

I just want the Filter options like Galaxy Map's Map View Configuration or Options panel which I assume is doable in System Map.

For what purpose?

You can already see, at a glance, which planets have settlements.

Even if you had some kind of "filter" which removed all the barren planets, you still wouldn't know which of the remaining planets had a particular settlement on it just by looking.

Conversely, if you use the cockpit Nav-HUD, you can already filter to show only stations and/or settlements to avoid clutter in the HUD.

Top Bottom