Once again 1 step forward and 5 steps back with FDev game play

Stacking missions means stacking the mission-specific enemies that come with them. I got to Trade Elite mostly in a T9, but with bulk commodities trading, not mission-stacking.

The best ship for cargo mission stacking is probably the Cutter (except to outposts, obviously).

Sigh. This guy really does not understand that mockery and laughter are the wrong way to help people out. Being polite whilst providing useful tips and pointers would be a helluva lot more helpful.

Want to break it down for me exactly where I wasn't polite or providing useful advice here? I've quoted my posts for your convenience.

Why did you jump straight into a Type 9 after a long hiatus? Grab a Hauler or Adder and relearn the game.
I know a few Type 9 pilots. They do very well without help.

You should try an Adder or Hauler. Zorgon Peterson has a great line of ships from top to bottom.
You were mass locked because you were trying to low wake. Based on your rebuy cost, I'm guessing your build was pretty bad as well.
No, some of us are just sick of seeing posts like this:

Long hiatus. Pilot jumps in a ship they can't handle. Gets destroyed because they're terrible at the game. Blames FDEV.

Then you try to help and the pilot in question just buckles down on their ignorance and foolishness.

Makes a guy want to go back to ganking, to be honest.

Really looking forward to your input.

OP you can outfit even a medium build for void opal mining and make billions in a short amount of time. If you are dead set on running haulage missions, you're going to have mission generated pursuits. In fact I take those quite often, stacking them actually, just to get materials from the large ships that interdict me.

2. Throttle down, high wake away...

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I've heard you-tubers say low wake, high wake. I was mass locked so I could not jump. And the first few shot took out the engines.

Low wake means you were trying to get to Supercruise. That gets blocked by ship mass-locking. Better then to try to ram the opponent, if it stands still long enough.

High wake means you jumped to another star. You can do that any time. If want to be sure, have a neighbouring star selected for emergency escape when you fly through a system.

:D S

As others have said, the "low wake" you'll see if you wake scan someone who jumped into supercruise, but the "high wake" is what you'll encounter if you scan a wake of someone who jumped into witch space aka system to system. Why you cannot be mass locked with high wake is beyond me, seems like a bit of an oversight by FDev. Regardless there's no in-game explanation regarding it, people here seem to think everyone saturates themselves with the nuances of the game. Maybe there's something in the manual and it's intended game play, but it's odd you can be mass locked by a station and cannot high wake but cannot be mass locked by another ship. Maybe it's just an added escape hatch to prevent the kind of situation you encountered.

Want to break it down for me exactly where I wasn't polite or providing useful advice here? I've quoted my posts for your convenience.

Really looking forward to your input.
I quoted you when I replied to your posts. Look up what you said when I replied and you will see what you said. The list above is not complete btw.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I've heard you-tubers say low wake, high wake. I was mass locked so I could not jump. And the first few shot took out the engines.
[/QUOTE]

the bible...

Source: https://youtu.be/Uh9AWV_BWo0
[/QUOTE]

Great video. Learned a lot.

I've had a lot of success with shock mines in a pure survive and escape build. But I haven't tried them in a Type 9.

So I returned after a long hiatus to do some flying around and maybe make some credits doing deliveries. I bought a type 9, loaded it out, and then stacked some delivery missions. Had 3 out of 4 done, had made 3 million so far, and was on my last delivery when I was interdicted by a Chieftain NPC. The reticle went completely off screen, I had no chance in the type 9 to avoid the interdiction. Then I made the mistake of not throttling down and the ship went into attack mode. Not that I wanted to lose the cargo and mess up my reputation on the mission. But no chance to get away, so it was $11,000,000 to rebuy. And there it is +3 -11= - 8 millon for todays fun. What a game. So enjoyable. The only safe way to deliver is in a ship that can fight like the anaconda which holds about half the type 9. So big crates are USELESS unless you are in a wing with protection. As I've stated before, all the ways to make bank have been plugged and all the ways to loose big are very active. Nothing's changed in 6 months.View attachment 132021
another disgruntled person , thats has no idea what there doing and dieing and blameing the game for it, i wish these were considered dupe threads , because there are so many of them allready :rolleyes::rolleyes:

if your flying heavy, you need a good 1k sheilds minimum,Prismatic/regular and the need to be engineered for thermal, this will amke most npc attacks useless and make for an easy escape,

never fly with out weapons unless you have a reliable escape, turrented pulse are good, the npcs are programmed to be evasive and will avoid fire and not attack

dont use mines , they suck

also when faceing Greifers.... just switch to solo and switch back to open in the station =P , works like a charm

Never ever come to the forums for constructive criticism m8... You'll be called terrible, ignorant, foolish and be the reason for those who want to shoot you in the face in OPEN it seems.:devilish:

Is that what you think happened here?

Cos, to me, it looks like somebody moaned, got offered a variety of good advice and then responded by saying (to paraphrase) "well, I dunno about any of that but..." and then moaned some more.

So I returned after a long hiatus to do some flying around and maybe make some credits doing deliveries. I bought a type 9, loaded it out, and then stacked some delivery missions. Had 3 out of 4 done, had made 3 million so far, and was on my last delivery when I was interdicted by a Chieftain NPC. The reticle went completely off screen, I had no chance in the type 9 to avoid the interdiction. Then I made the mistake of not throttling down and the ship went into attack mode. Not that I wanted to lose the cargo and mess up my reputation on the mission. But no chance to get away, so it was $11,000,000 to rebuy. And there it is +3 -11= - 8 millon for todays fun. What a game. So enjoyable. The only safe way to deliver is in a ship that can fight like the anaconda which holds about half the type 9. So big crates are USELESS unless you are in a wing with protection. As I've stated before, all the ways to make bank have been plugged and all the ways to loose big are very active. Nothing's changed in 6 months.View attachment 132021

I came back from a long break also when mining was released and built a long range miner/explorer , after a long play session i had mined around 100 void opals and thought ok i will logout and sell these opals on my next playthrough... however forgetting that pirates spawn in rings with you on a relog i was caught with my pants down in the middle of the rings with no means of escape as the ship i was in could barely outrun a fart in a soft wind... long story short my ship, its cargo and many many many millions all went puff into the black.

So? What happened next you might ask?.... well after cursing me and the npc's name , i dusted myself off and went back doing what i do, so instead of blaming FD , take a good look in the mirror and blame that guy.

I came back from a long break also when mining was released and built a long range miner/explorer , after a long play session i had mined around 100 void opals and thought ok i will logout and sell these opals on my next playthrough... however forgetting that pirates spawn in rings with you on a relog i was caught with my pants down in the middle of the rings with no means of escape as the ship i was in could barely outrun a fart in a soft wind... long story short my ship, its cargo and many many many millions all went puff into the black.

So? What happened next you might ask?.... well after cursing me and the npc's name , i dusted myself off and went back doing what i do, so instead of blaming FD , take a good look in the mirror and blame that guy.

There would have been one solution I also tend to forget: Just give them the goods.
But one often tends to panic in these situations and give in to the old fight-or-flight reflex.

There would have been one solution I also tend to forget: Just give them the goods.
But one often tends to panic in these situations and give in to the old fight-or-flight reflex.

Indeed , i think my issue was just that. I saw the blips approaching on radar when i logged back in the following day and thought i could maybe make it out the rings in time to jump but i GREATLY underestimated just how long this would take, by this point any crys for mercy would have been met with more pips in weapons.

You should have bought a type 10 defender instead, you would have atleast be able to hold your ground with it's large number of turrets.

Top Bottom