General / Off-Topic Leaking boiler, lake in a basement.

Man I know how that feels, for decades I was struggling with boilers, shovelling snow, deicing trucks, so i moved out to a tropical place, now I don't need that kind of infrastructure and life is good!

No working drains or sump?
Apparently when something goes wrong, everything goes wrong :D There is one drain, and it helped a bit. It got clogged.
It's not so bad now, all cleaned up. Changed the boiler and some piping. But man was it not fun that very same day.

Apparently when something goes wrong, everything goes wrong :D There is one drain, and it helped a bit. It got clogged.
It's not so bad now, all cleaned up. Changed the boiler and some piping. But man was it not fun that very same day.

Should definitely have at least two working drains (more if it's a large basement) or a sump and pump, if at all possible.

My current residence was a flip with a finished basement where they covered everything up. First thing I did after buying the place was find where all the drains where and take a box cutter to the carpet they had used to cover them with, then flush them to make sure they weren't backed up...turns out they were. Had to get the sewer line augered out.

Was a bit of pain, but definitely better than having my finished basement and my workshop flooded should a pipe burst.

Caramel Clown, we had a situation like that, but only because of our old faucet. But few days after found great faucets (https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-pot-filler-kitchen-faucets/ ), they can be installed for kitchen and for shower-room as well, and just was wondering - is there any place or mall where I can buy it. Fortunately there was one on Amazon, so I ordered it. No more lakes on the floors hah.

Exactly what I needed after a long day at work. On the way home dreaming of a good meal, my comfy chair, and definitely dry floor...
That is all. Just had a feeling I needed to vent.

My family and I just had to move and the place we were moving to had a similar issue the day before and we showed up to a house with 6 inches of water in the finished basement. I feel your pain. Expect the worst hope for the best.

My family and I just had to move and the place we were moving to had a similar issue the day before and we showed up to a house with 6 inches of water in the finished basement. I feel your pain. Expect the worst hope for the best.
This house gave you the worst to start. Maybe it will give you the best now ?

Top Bottom