PvP Being the anchor is a challange but fun...

There is stuff just like you proposed around. I dont have the capacity to search for all the specific videos. However, here are a couple pointers. Google:

Cmdr Truesilvers Top Tips (Evasion, Gimballed Pulse Disco and another one I cant recall right now)

Cmdr Starmony´s Melee FDL & Breaking Wings w/ a Melee FDL

Cmdr Na´Quan (has some videos with explanation overlays.)

For off-the-grid tactics look for Cmdr Threeofnine and Fly Auburn. They, too, have a couple videos with explanations.

Then there are a couple PvP videos by Cmdr Exegious starring SDC (Ryan M) and some fights (1v1 & wing) with explanations too.

Most of these date a while back. Also check the comments and crossreference. I found them to be most insteresting in regards to actual tactics, strategies and flying, in contrast to most recent stuff which is more about engineering or just plain PvP recordings. Feels like there was a "Golden Age" in E:D before Engineers happened, which I unfortunately missed, where it was more about the flightmodel and tactics than the chase for the Meta of the Weak.

Much appreciated.

here you see the technic i explained 2 posts ago in action.
i just wanted to fool harry a little. i am not interested in fighting his aim bot with premium ammo (gimb frags)
in the end when the second ship jumped in to help him making some damage i was in the mood for a little dance.
but then surprise he has crimes on as attacker. what
then i waked during stealth mode.
Source: https://youtu.be/-dCBcXbWWFY

Last edited:
Akuma, you must be the only Commander in the Milky Way that flies a shieldless FDL....

This is how PvP should be....uncertain, fun, and sneaky! In a non meta FDL build to boot!

o7

Well this was a juicy read. Lekeno, show me on the stuffed FDL where the bad Nomad pilot touched you.

In all seriousness though, I've fought Yamato in wingfights and he is quite evasive, very hard to hit with fixed guns.
I've also fought Akuma. Yamato is by far more evasive.

That being said, I didn't come here to compare ship evasiveness between two pvp pilots. They are both decent pilots in their own regard.
Enough of this "Look at me I am better than you" ** and let's get back to just playing the game.

Regardless of how you look at it, or whatever sense of superiority you believe you have, what do you gain by attempting to argue with someone who will not listen?

I mean Elite's PvP scenario is Rock Paper Scissors right now and has been for a good while. "Look at me, So evasive, Rocking double chaff and fast regen bi weaves against gimballed scrubs" Of course you are going to get out. Does that make you good? No. You are just running a hard counter to the pilots you are fighting. Simple as pie.

Goes the same for 8 Nomads attempting to gank a Anaconda. The anaconda gets out. Does that make the Anaconda good? No. Does that make the Gankers good? No.

You can't compare both scenarios.
It's an interesting point isn't it. Akuma posted a video which shows something of the skills that are important for wing pvp, didn't cast any aspersions as to the pilots he was fighting, in fact he showed them respect (otherwise the video wouldn't be anything worth posting), and the outlaws' immediate response was to try to crap on his 'skillz'.

Classy... :)

As someone who's focused on evasion as the foundation for his combat tactics, this thread has had some useful content (amidst a whole lot of childish chaff). I appreciate that. Thanks to those who posted videos that can help others improve their PvP skills, survivability, and lethality.

And lest I be remiss: Thanks also to the whiny little Outlaws who begrudge the lawful community's creation and use of an intelligence network to hold them accountable and hunt them where they're preying on non-PvP-competitive traders. Could anything be more laughingly pitiful than the frustrated tears of a wannabe villain mad about their actions being made more persistent and public throughout the bubble?* Even more than the OP, thanks for the smiles your whinging is giving your hunters.

* Yeah -- there COULD in fact be something more laughingly pitiful than your run-of-the-mill Whining Wanted: Those Outlaws who fly with report crimes on. Truly the saddest of the sad; the laughing stock of pilots on the ganking/griefer totem pole. :rolleyes:

It's an interesting point isn't it. Akuma posted a video which shows something of the skills that are important for wing pvp, didn't cast any aspersions as to the pilots he was fighting, in fact he showed them respect (otherwise the video wouldn't be anything worth posting), and the outlaws' immediate response was to try to crap on his 'skillz'.

Classy... :)

Indeed.... and it is imperative that White Knights do not dump on outlaws either. So what if some unlawfuls crapped on Akuma's skill; Akuma could care less. So what if some on the forum are too quick to disparage; many many outlaws are fair sportspeople and a pleasure to play with. Most outlaws despise Crimes On, Healies,impulsive accusations,etc.

Besides, Ash, they are our Content. Especially when they don't Block us..... cough..

I LOVE OUTLAWs.... and White KNights....Everybody....

so there
/giggle

:)

Make no mistake -- I love the outlaws, too. They're content without whom Elite Dangerous would have long since lost its challenge.

And I especially respect the Outlaws who OWN what they are by flying with that red badge of courage, the Wanted flag, in the system they're hunting. That is worthy of respect.

On the other hand, those who're self-proclaimed Outlaws, but fly with report crimes on, like members of the attention-seeking D**B squadron do... They're just sad, despite the undeniable PvP skill that some of the members have developed.

We've beaten Akuma and his friends more times than I can count. It's a meme at this point. They freely admit that it's an unfair fight if it's even numbers.
Ryan, Well of course they admit it's an unfair fight even if it's even numbers... everybody knows that you have some of the best pilots in the game. It would be stupid and dishonest not to admit that and no leader wants to lead their lambs to quite possible slaughter. To be able to fight you is fantastic training only if we are not immediately obliterated.

Besides, my above post has nothing to do with winning or losing. I could hardly care less whether outlaws, in-laws or lawfuls "win". What I do care about is the Crimes On, Healing beams, impromptu and often unjustified accusations, combat logging, premium ammo and hypocrisy. Here we are in Forums highlighting the inaction of Frontier on the part of blatant, well-documented cheating. How about the inaction on SDC 's part to reign in Harry with his use of Crimes On, etc? And if you cite Frontier's Eula and ToS to defend Harry, then you are no better than Fdev.

We are in a transition period before the new expansion. I think it would be wonderful if we could be more proactive in helping to form an Elite Dangerous universe that is truly fun and worthwhile to be in. And fun to me, is a universe where integrity has not completely lost its meaning.

o7

Last edited:

ryan_m

Banned
Ryan, Well of course they admit it's an unfair fight even if it's even numbers... everybody knows that you have some of the best pilots in the game. It would be stupid and dishonest not to admit that and no leader wants to lead their lambs to quite possible slaughter. To be able to fight you is fantastic training only if we are not immediately obliterated.

Besides, my above post has nothing to do with winning or losing. I could hardly care less whether outlaws, in-laws or lawfuls "win". What I do care about is the Crimes On, Healing beams, impromptu and often unjustified accusations, combat logging, premium ammo and hypocrisy. Here we are in Forums highlighting the inaction of Frontier on the part of blatant, well-documented cheating. How about the inaction on SDC 's part to reign in Harry with his use of Crimes On, etc? And if you cite Frontier's Eula and ToS to defend Harry, then you are no better than Fdev.

We are in a transition period before the new expansion. I think it would be wonderful if we could be more proactive in helping to form an Elite Dangerous universe that is truly fun and worthwhile to be in. And fun to me, is a universe where integrity has not completely lost its meaning.

o7

Asking for SDC to take action on an SDC member shows a complete misunderstanding of what SDC is and has always been. SDC is a collection of players that like playing Elite together. There is no organizational structure. There are no "rules". Each member is free to play the game however they want within the rules of the game.

Harry is, at heart, a troll. He does things specifically to get this reaction out of people like you. The more you react to it, the more he enjoys doing it. This should be self-evident if you watch even a few minutes of his stream.

Now, the lawfuls Akuma flies with are absolutely notorious for flying with crimes on (still) and abusing broken mechanics. I was in a fight with them this week and got a bounty because of it. Akuma's former group, BBfA, had the nickname of BBQfA during the heat meta because they all exploited that constantly. His group also abused infinite premium ammo when that was a thing and even tried it again within the last year, even though it was just a UI bug and didn't actually give them premium. So, if you'd like to talk integrity, maybe start there.

That being said, Harry is a fantastic representative of SDC precisely because of this. We are, first and foremost, trolls within Elite that also happen to be pretty much the best PvPers in the game, too.

Asking for SDC to take action on an SDC member shows a complete misunderstanding of what SDC is and has always been. SDC is a collection of players that like playing Elite together. There is no organizational structure. There are no "rules". Each member is free to play the game however they want within the rules of the game.
Thank you for the clarification. In that case I see that Harry's actions and viewpoints are his own and not necessarily that of others in SDC.
Harry is, at heart, a troll. He does things specifically to get this reaction out of people like you. The more you react to it, the more he enjoys doing it. This should be self-evident if you watch even a few minutes of his stream.
Especially in light of your thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/cheating-in-elite-dangerous.512001/, where you describe how toxic and under-punished cheating is to the health of Elite Dangerous, accusing others, without due diligence, of cheating on a public worldwide channel is not to be taken taken lightly. Trolling or not, being publicly accused of cheating without due diligence amounts to defamation and character assassination.
Now, the lawfuls Akuma flies with are absolutely notorious for flying with crimes on (still) and abusing broken mechanics. I was in a fight with them this week and got a bounty because of it. Akuma's former group, BBfA, had the nickname of BBQfA during the heat meta because they all exploited that constantly. His group also abused infinite premium ammo when that was a thing and even tried it again within the last year, even though it was just a UI bug and didn't actually give them premium. So, if you'd like to talk integrity, maybe start there.
I can only speak of my own integrity and experience. I actually am a member of Akuma's group, SPEAR. The Commanders whom I have flown with have not ever had Crimes On. I am sure mistakes are made since we are all human; perhaps things were different in the past. I am sorry you have experienced otherwise.
That being said, Harry is a fantastic representative of SDC precisely because of this. We are, first and foremost, trolls within Elite that also happen to be pretty much the best PvPers in the game, too.
I wonder if the other members of SDC are in complete agreement with your viewpoint. If so, that would be quite interesting. Nevertheless I reiterate, what you refer to as trolling could also be interpreted as public defamation and character assassination.

o7

Thank you for the clarification. In that case I see that Harry's actions and viewpoints are his own and not necessarily that of others in SDC.

That's how SDC has always operated. Every member is the CEO.

Especially in light of your thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/cheating-in-elite-dangerous.512001/, where you describe how toxic and under-punished cheating is to the health of Elite Dangerous, accusing others, without due diligence, of cheating on a public worldwide channel is not to be taken taken lightly. Trolling or not, being publicly accused of cheating without due diligence amounts to defamation and character assassination.

Harry probably encounters more script cheaters than anyone else in this game during his livestreams. I'd imagine he would feel exactly how I felt about combat loggers when I was in the Code. During every encounter, I almost expected every trader to clog and was genuinely surprised when they didn't.

I can only speak of my own integrity and experience. I actually am a member of Akuma's group, SPEAR. The Commanders whom I have flown with have not ever had Crimes On. I am sure mistakes are made since we are all human; perhaps things were different in the past. I am sorry you have experienced otherwise.

The PvP community has exactly the same feeling towards bbfa/spear/taol/whatever with crimes on as they do with piracy victims and clogging. Firing your first shot in a wingfight against them is always a coin toss as to whether you'll get a bounty or not. An improvement over their old habits of abusing the heat meta and bugged infinite premium, but it still tarnishes everyone's expectations of them during encounters.

I wonder if the other members of SDC are in complete agreement with your viewpoint. If so, that would be quite interesting. Nevertheless I reiterate, what you refer to as trolling could also be interpreted as public defamation and character assassination.

Can confirm - SDC is home to the best trolls and PvPers I have ever encountered during my time playing this game.

Just saying: it would be really nice thread (I have read through it all now) if here would be not personal attacks and measuring who is better (can be said also other way) in playing videogame ...

@TEBORI: can you please update OP with some of your further comments about used maneuvers etc? It will be very helpfull and spare time with reading forum's pvp on few further pages :)

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
This thread is not, and was never, about what different groups do in Elite Dangerous.
If anyone insists on continuing the group-on-group discussion, expect this thread to be read only for you. No exceptions!

Now carry on talking about wing stuff, anchoring, what have you. Thanks.

here you see the technic i explained 2 posts ago in action.
i just wanted to fool harry a little. i am not interested in fighting his aim bot with premium ammo (gimb frags)
in the end when the second ship jumped in to help him making some damage i was in the mood for a little dance.
but then surprise he has crimes on as attacker. what
then i waked during stealth mode.
Source: https://youtu.be/-dCBcXbWWFY

That was not evasion... you where in a cold ship so I am unable to track you with my current weapons, you do this to prevent focus in a fight, as you can see in your video using my gimballed eyes I am able to track you just fine and keep my ship pointed pretty much directly at you, again you did not evade anything you simply went silent. when you evade another player they should not have their nose pointed directly at you.

You basically boosted around while I sat and watched you think you are doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom