Notice Bridging the Gap - Community Goal Feedback

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
@sandkid
Yeah, nobody will be able to tell you why you should participate. There really is no reward. A tech broker in the middle of nowhere? Why?

We still need regular commodities to unlock stuff. So if we have to return to the bubble anyway, why would we fly out there again instead of going to one of the many tech brokers within the bubble? Once again they don't think things through. Either that or they just have no clue what playing their game is like.

Or they just like playing it without needing some goal to aim for.

I wanted to sell the Guardian stuff at the ferry, turns out it counts only to the CG when you sell them at the station. I can't dock there because it doesnt have any large landing pads.. Why cant we use the ferry to progress in CG too?

Because it is just a ferry, it is surprising to me that it has access to the remote workshop, all it is is a docking facility that can move around not a station or an outpost.

It was an intentional choice. There was a warning (on Galnet?) saying to only use a small or medium ship. I think FD did that to encourage the use of a wider variety of ship usage.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I wanted to sell the Guardian stuff at the ferry, turns out it counts only to the CG when you sell them at the station. I can't dock there because it doesnt have any large landing pads.. Why cant we use the ferry to progress in CG too?

Because CG's are station-based. Always were. That's working as intended.

The thing is, ED rarely has an updates that can be considered relatively "bug-free", I know games have bugs, they always do, the thing is, ED is just about the buggiest I have played. And in some ocasions I haven't even been able to play!
The most buggy game ever? That's quite an exaggeration, my friend. This game has some of the smoothest visuals you'll find this day and age, and I can go weeks at a time without finding a bug or issue. Almost any game you'll ever play is gonna introduce bugs with updates. It's not news anymore, it's a fact. And virtually no game is as massive as this one. I'm just saying, very few people go out of their way to be understanding and send positive feedback, yet most people will ALWAYS go out of their way to fire off negative feedback and complaints. Just be self aware of which group you're in, is all. :)

Hi. CMDR Zarihs reporting in. This is my first post. It may be in the wrong place, and if so, I apologize, but I didn't know where else to post it. So, I've been trying to play my part in this Interstellar Initiative, which I think is great [the Interstellar Initiative, not the fact that I'm playing it :)]. I'm pretty new at this, but I've managed to get a few Guardian commodities and hand them in - great, enjoyable. However when I went down to 7 A today, I had got a couple of Guardian commodities and, under fire from Sentinels, went back to my ship [after taking a couple of them out ;)]. Before I could take off my ship was destroyed by a CMDR. Not ideal, but fair enough, if that's how he wants to play the game, that's OK. However, tonight I came back to 7 A and had gathered 2 commodities, then was looking for more. Same CMDR again destroyed my ship. Is anyone else having this sort of issue, or am I just soft. I can't imagine that the rewards from the Interstellar Initiative are going to be worth me losing $8m. Is this what is meant to be happening or am I missing something?
Thanks to whoever edited this to remove the CMDRS name. I'll not do that again. Didn't realise that was a rule, but I know now.

Last edited:
Hi. CMDR Zarihs reporting in. This is my first post. It may be in the wrong place, and if so, I apologize, but I didn't know where else to post it. So, I've been trying to play my part in this Interstellar Initiative, which I think is great [the Interstellar Initiative, not the fact that I'm playing it :)]. I'm pretty new at this, but I've managed to get a few Guardian commodities and hand them in - great, enjoyable. However when I went down to 7 A today, I had got a couple of Guardian commodities and, under fire from Sentinels, went back to my ship [after taking a couple of them out ;)]. Before I could take off my ship was destroyed by a CMDR. Not ideal, but fair enough, if that's how he wants to play the game, that's OK. However, tonight I came back to 7 A and had gathered 2 commodities, then was looking for more. Same CMDR again destroyed my ship. Is anyone else having this sort of issue, or am I just soft. I can't imagine that the rewards from the Interstellar Initiative are going to be worth me losing $8m. Is this what is meant to be happening or am I missing something?
Well, you're missing the forum rule about naming & shaming - best remove the names before a mod does ;)

Nothing wrong with a CMDR deciding they don't want the CG to succeed, though it can be annoying - switch to Solo if you don't want to fight them off 🤷‍♀️

Edit: And many suggest dismissing your ship while in the SRV to avoid this type of issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. CMDR Zarihs reporting in. This is my first post. It may be in the wrong place, and if so, I apologize, but I didn't know where else to post it. So, I've been trying to play my part in this Interstellar Initiative, which I think is great [the Interstellar Initiative, not the fact that I'm playing it :)]. I'm pretty new at this, but I've managed to get a few Guardian commodities and hand them in - great, enjoyable. However when I went down to 7 A today, I had got a couple of Guardian commodities and, under fire from Sentinels, went back to my ship [after taking a couple of them out ;)]. Before I could take off my ship was destroyed by CMDR Greenlatex. Not ideal, but fair enough, if that's how he wants to play the game, that's OK. However, tonight I came back to 7 A and had gathered 2 commodities, then was looking for more. CMDR Greenlatex again destroyed my ship. Is anyone else having this sort of issue, or am I just soft. I can't imagine that the rewards from the Interstellar Initiative are going to be worth me losing $8m. Is this what is meant to be happening or am I missing something?
There's really no sense in playing a Guardian site in any mode but Solo, unless you're winged with a friend in voice contact and you cooperate on taking out sentinels and activating beacons. With any other players around it's almost certain that a beacon will be activated before you're ready or someone else will get the data scan at the end, even if there's no deliberate opposition. Guardian site = solo activity, apparently by design.

<Edit> BTW I wouldn't call that "naming and shaming". He said "fair enough if that's how he wants to play the game..."; there was no criticism. I hope we don't have a rule against just naming another CMDR; that would be very limiting.

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Well, you're missing the forum rule about naming & shaming - best remove the names before a mod does ;)

Nothing wrong with a CMDR deciding they don't want the CG to succeed, though it can be annoying - switch to Solo if you don't want to fight them off 🤷‍♀️

Edit: And many suggest dismissing your ship while in the SRV to avoid this type of issue
Thanks for getting back to me. I won't post other CMDRS names any more. Anyway, your'e basically saying this is my fault. Fair enough. I'll take that on board.

Last edited:
There's really no sense in playing a Guardian site in any mode but Solo, unless you're winged with a friend in voice contact and you cooperate on taking out sentinels and activating beacons. With any other players around it's almost certain that a beacon will be activated before you're ready or someone else will get the data scan at the end, even if there's no deliberate opposition. Guardian site = solo activity, apparently by design.

<Edit> BTW I wouldn't call that "naming and shaming". He said "fair enough if that's how he wants to play the game..."; there was no criticism. I hope we don't have a rule against just naming another CMDR; that would be very limiting.
Great reply. Thanks for that. I guess I'm learning more about this great (don't know what to say here because it's not just a g#m#)

Same CMDR again destroyed my ship. Is anyone else having this sort of issue, or am I just soft. I can't imagine that the rewards from the Interstellar Initiative are going to be worth me losing $8m. Is this what is meant to be happening or am I missing something?
You're missing the "Solo" mode when you log into the game. I highly recommend this mode for CGs, unless you have buddies, then PG is good. Playing a CG in Open is guaranteed death unless you're really good.

You're missing the "Solo" mode when you log into the game. I highly recommend this mode for CGs, unless you have buddies, then PG is good. Playing a CG in Open is guaranteed death unless you're really good.
Thanks so much for your reply. I don't have buddies :( I thought Solo was sort of a cop out - an easier version of the g#m# (sorry I don't like to call it a ....) I've never had trouble with CGs before (and I wouldn't claim to be really good) but maybe I'll have to do that. Cheers.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
I thought Solo was sort of a cop out - an easier version of the g#m#
When I'm in the mood for PvP or to type "o7" to strangers, I'll play in Open. When I'm in the mood to get something done in the game in a popular system, I pop over to Solo. The only people who will accuse you of being a cop out are the bored griefers looking for easy prey to shoot at. Ignore them and you'll find the game much more enjoyable.

FWIW, once you play the game long enough that you get bored with PvE, you too may become a griefer, or at the very least, you'll appreciate the challenge griefers offer. I don't think you're there yet, however.

I know I will be flamed for this but I actually liked this Intestellar Initiative.
  1. While "practically useless" (for someone who is passively grinding exploration rank and making money by scanning rocks along the way) the cargo ship touch is a nice thing to have because it just makes the world a bit livelier.
  2. I haven't touched the Guardian grind before, but this CG made me get accustomed with guardians, ruins, try to learn how to fire and strafe in my srv...
  3. I am also ready to unlock the FSD Booster! I also have three vessel blueprint! I am also full of guardian power conduits, now if I could trade them for other materials..
  4. Also the world felt a bit livelier with the stuff spawning up BEFORE a CG was even made for once.
Interstellar Initiatives might not be worthy for power gamers or for people who do the Colonia / Beagle Point route daily watching out for people to rescue in their endgame PVP engineered anacondas, but so far I enjoyed it.

Its funny all the complaints of ppl with big ships, its not has they didnt warned you that only small and medium ships would be able to participate...
Its not as if... When u go to distant places like this remote areas the biggest thing you will find out here is an outpost and not a base, so it is consistent with what u got ingame and there is why big ships cant participate, at least in that part of the initiative...
Its not like they didnt let us know the jump was small and what was planned was definatly set for new players alike and not seasoned ones...

But hey! Ppl gotta cry cause they cant do as they like...

Geezzz.... :(

Last edited:
Its funny all the complaints of ppl with big ships, its not has they didnt warned you that only small and medium ships would be able to participate...
Its not as if... When u go to distant places like this remote areas the biggest thing you will find out here is an outpost and not a base, so it is consistent with what u got ingame and there is why big ships cant participate, at least in that part of the initiative...
Its not like they didnt let us know the jump was small and what was planned was definatly set for new players alike and not seasoned ones...

But hey! Ppl gotta cry cause they cant do as they like...

Geezzz.... :(
Ah yes, god forbid us playing the game as we'd like to. And they are complaining about one thing? Damn, all people that own Large vessels are salt machines, right?

While yes, it is an outpost but still. Zende is a big company that wants to have guardian modules. Its a rich company so they could certainly afford having a L pad at the outpost.

I don't want to "escelate" this. But it just makes me angry when people complain that other people like to use the ships they like. I just don't like small ships and I certainly don't check everyday the galnet.

Ah yes, god forbid us playing the game as we'd like to. And they are complaining about one thing? Damn, all people that own Large vessels are salt machines, right?

While yes, it is an outpost but still. Zende is a big company that wants to have guardian modules. Its a rich company so they could certainly afford having a L pad at the outpost.

I don't want to "escelate" this. But it just makes me angry when people complain that other people like to use the ships they like. I just don't like small ships and I certainly don't check everyday the galnet.

U said it "play as u like", this initiative is to be done with small or medium ships, no one forces u to participate, id love to ship large quantities of this things too in the Type 10 or the Federal Corvette, but i cant, so i got the Krait Phantom back to enter this, too bad, but is the rules.

One last thing remember, i play as i like and u play as u like, but i dont impose on you my way of playing and you shouldnt do it to others too, wich is exactly what u are doing when u complain and want to force a change so u can use your anaconda on this initiative...

Fly safe commander, other oportunities will come were u can use your ship on.

Usually yes, but that's not very helpful advice when collecting cargo 2 at a time when you need to be constantly running back to your ship, and you can't recall the ship while anywhere near the ruins.
Anyway, your'e basically saying this is my fault. Fair enough. I'll take that on board.
Dude, it's not your fault. Solo avoids the jerks, that's all.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom