The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Maybe there’s already 50 systems it’s just people haven’t discovered the jump points yet.
Well, we cannot know since we have not yet found jump points yet since they are not yet created.

I mean, it's entirely possible that a team that creates systems have the DATA for the systems with everything but not actually created them.

For some reason i cannot see how they would NOT have at least all the core data for all the systems done with 500 staff where perhaps 2% of the staff could work on that.

Why are they (at this stage) not simply (heh :D) just creating 500 basic (i.e. topological but blank bar a texture) with jump points as placeholders and test load balancing that way? Right now dev time is crammed into buffing nose hair on 2 moons, they really need to see how travel mechanics works in everyday gaming (and what gameplay time is available / need to be filled during quantum waits).

If the game engine can't deal with 500 balls in space by now then SC is doomed, properly (and not ED Doomed which is doomed but not Doomed™)

Why are they (at this stage) not simply (heh :D) just creating 500 basic (i.e. topological but blank bar a texture) with jump points as placeholders and test load balancing that way? Right now dev time is crammed into buffing nose hair on 2 moons, they really need to see how travel mechanics works in everyday gaming (and what gameplay time is available / need to be filled during quantum waits).

If the game engine can't deal with 500 balls in space by now then SC is doomed, properly (and not ED Doomed which is doomed but not Doomed™)

Because CIG has a very unique development style...superior to every other company on the planet cant you see that due to all the awesome-sauce results they have produced so far? I mean it MUST be the reason for people to continue burning through their hard earned cash to support this project so Sandi can buy mansions right?

Because CIG has a very unique development style...superior to every other company on the planet cant you see that due to all the awesome-sauce results they have produced so far? I mean it MUST be the reason for people to continue burning through their hard earned cash to support this project so Sandi can buy mansions right?

Its depressing.

It is a depth i would love to see in Elite so that one could actively tag important finds and literally create in-game content for other players like custom community events.
Well, the first part is in... And I do hope fleet carriers will fulfill the second. But I can be wrong.

Well, we cannot know since we have not yet found jump points yet since they are not yet created.

I mean, it's entirely possible that a team that creates systems have the DATA for the systems with everything but not actually created them.

For some reason i cannot see how they would NOT have at least all the core data for all the systems done with 500 staff where perhaps 2% of the staff could work on that.
Well, I'd logically think the same, but we all know how CIG work: they say something and years later they admit they haven't think about it yet. I doubt they forethought that further than a lore text file.

Last edited:
Is that supposed to be an ammonia bath or something? Because it those are water shaders.. 2002 knocked, they would like their shaders back.

45432-1533380145-689568750.jpeg

And yes I know it's a mod, but still, that is the stock morrowind engine, not your PC Overlord CryEngine.

However, if we are sciencing, here is one answer to whether it is possible for a planet to have oceans of liquid oxygen

None, really. The vast majority of a stellar system, or the universe, for that matter, contains hydrogen. It would be a statistical impossibility for a planet size chunk of oxygen gather together enough that the pressure could cause oxygen to condense to liquid without any of it coming into contact with hydrogen to form water.
In fact, the draw of oxygen to water, carbon dioxide, silicon dioxide (rock, sand, whatever) or heck, even iron rust is so strong that finding free oxygen on a planet is considered the defining condition to assume life exists on that planet.
Planets consisting of nothing but water? Perhaps. Planets consisting of nothing but oxygen? I have a higher chance of all the famous Emmas simultaneously and independently deciding to fly to my country to marry me.

It is a depth i would love to see in Elite so that one could actively tag important finds and literally create in-game content for other players like custom community events.
I am still sceptic towards this aside of roleplay. You allow players to insert any kind of reward (aside of the friends you made on the way) into this and it becomes a snake box full of bugs, exploits and Chinese gold farmers; and it will probably need at least one (probably more) full-time devs to keep looking at it all the time.

With a week to go until the Forbes article is released I wonder how CIG will handle it? Will they risk a statement from the main man? Or will they gag him and tie him to a chair?
Will Piers Morgan be shouting at Montoya via satellite link up?
Or will it just pass by,just considered as “gaming news”.

Is it me or, unlike previous drama bombs were welcomed by a loud vocal torrent of anger (both from CIG and faithful), for this one the watchword sounds like "keep low profile, let the storm pass peacfully" hoping it won't do too much wave?

Is it me or, unlike previous drama bombs were welcomed by a loud vocal torrent of anger (both from CIG and faithful), for this one the watchword sounds like "keep low profile, let the storm pass peacfully" hoping it won't do too much wave?

well this is different. Before it was always about the gameplay or the lack there of. This always heavily dependant on opinions because there were so many fan-made bait videos out there showing awesome footage when in fact new experience looks vastly different and regardless how stable you manage to get it running you ll run into a ton of bugs.

So that kind of attention was probably welcome because it had the potential to lure in a few new people into this project even tho more probably have disregarded it. If you are hurtin for money you gladly take 1 out of 10 instead of nothing.

The forbes article paints a different picture. It hardly goes into gameplay, bugs and gamer details but covers mostly the financial side of things and by painting a rather grim one this article will likely keep future investors at bay. And after the 46 million dollar injection last year we can probably infer that the whales alone dont manage to keep CIG afloat anymore.

And in regards to the forbes article the SC white knights can disregard and deflect and foam at the mouth all they want, the forbes audience will never see their voices or only until after they read the article and take an interest afterwards at which point their initial stance is already muddied.

I mean maybe CRoberts will make an announcement but if its directed at his community then I gotta say he took his sweet time and if a post to his loyal subjects is all he can do (because he cannot legally prevent the printing) then he can as well safe that effort as well. The people defending him will continue to do so without any statement from him. If he makes a public statement denying everything forbes listed he might also trigger the release of some juice undeniable evidence....what to do ...what to do.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom