Notice Bridging the Gap - Community Goal Feedback

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The most buggy game ever? That's quite an exaggeration, my friend. This game has some of the smoothest visuals you'll find this day and age, and I can go weeks at a time without finding a bug or issue. Almost any game you'll ever play is gonna introduce bugs with updates. It's not news anymore, it's a fact. And virtually no game is as massive as this one. I'm just saying, very few people go out of their way to be understanding and send positive feedback, yet most people will ALWAYS go out of their way to fire off negative feedback and complaints. Just be self aware of which group you're in, is all. :)

Largely agree here, however FDev have managed to slip in a couple of real doozies of bugs which should have been caught during QA. Of course there will never be a piece of software which is bug-free (in fact, I managed to crash my compiler yesterday with code which is legal according to the specs, and then caught it generating bad code from inline assembly in another instance) but proper release management should prevent glaringly obvious ones to be released.

On the whole though the game is very playable and while the bugs are annoying, it's rare to have actual game-breaking ones (Elephant Butt Leather notwithstanding... ;) ) in the game. Its complexity and flexibility compared to most other games is a contributing factor to the difficulty in ironing out EBL all the issues.

The most buggy game ever? That's quite an exaggeration, my friend. This game has some of the smoothest visuals you'll find this day and age, and I can go weeks at a time without finding a bug or issue. Almost any game you'll ever play is gonna introduce bugs with updates. It's not news anymore, it's a fact. And virtually no game is as massive as this one. I'm just saying, very few people go out of their way to be understanding and send positive feedback, yet most people will ALWAYS go out of their way to fire off negative feedback and complaints. Just be self aware of which group you're in, is all. :)

I presume you only play Bethesda games because I have many games that have updates and I never have major issues.

Also:

I also see you have made your strawman.

Last edited:
When I'm in the mood for PvP or to type "o7" to strangers, I'll play in Open. When I'm in the mood to get something done in the game in a popular system, I pop over to Solo. The only people who will accuse you of being a cop out are the bored griefers looking for easy prey to shoot at. Ignore them and you'll find the game much more enjoyable.

FWIW, once you play the game long enough that you get bored with PvE, you too may become a griefer, or at the very least, you'll appreciate the challenge griefers offer. I don't think you're there yet, however.
Once again, thanks for your input on this.

I presume you only play Bethesda games because I have many games that have updates and I never have major issues.

Also:

View attachment 132470

I also see you have made your strawman.

Well, you know what they say about assuming, right? I play all kinds of random stuff from blizzard games to Stardew Valley, to Xcom DayZ.

That's right - DayZ. Yet I don't go griping on the forums about bugs in dayZ! You wanna play a buggy game? Go try that. It's part of the gaming world! It's not a surprise anymore! Bugs happen. Try not to be such a snowflake about it my friend ;)

Well, you know what they say about assuming, right? I play all kinds of random stuff from blizzard games to Stardew Valley, to Xcom DayZ.

That's right - DayZ. Yet I don't go griping on the forums about bugs in dayZ! You wanna play a buggy game? Go try that. It's part of the gaming world! It's not a surprise anymore! Bugs happen. Try not to be such a snowflake about it my friend ;)

First a strawman, now an ad-hominem.

On another note, if you like ED as it is, that's OK, I do like games that allow me to play in the first place however.

First a strawman, now an ad-hominem.

On another note, if you like ED as it is, that's OK, I do like games that allow me to play in the first place however.

The only time I've ever not been able to log into ED is during updates. So, maybe they aren't the problem, but it's on your end?

But keep working on the personal insults, that'll get your point across. 😂

Anyone else not being able to choose a side to fight for when entering the CZ? PS4. Have tried re-logging, leaving into SC and heading back in. Even turned off my console and nothing working

I love the decal. Community Goal decals, or now Inter Stellar Initiative decals, are probably my favorite reward aside from modules or adding other items to the game. When we did the Wolves of Jonai CG a LONG time ago I was so stoked. It felt like I was putting a mission patch on my ship. I still rep that decal on all my combat ships and now the Bridging the Gap decal will fly on my logistics and exploration ships.

Nope, see the actual picture. The warning eventually disapeared without any input from my part.

What insults?

So what's your region? What server? Have you put in an official bug submission? Simply claiming I'm setting up a target that's easy to take down doesn't actually make it what's happening. That's a Trump move. Lol

So what's your region? What server? Have you put in an official bug submission? Simply claiming I'm setting up a target that's easy to take down doesn't actually make it what's happening. That's a Trump move. Lol

I have never had to do anything other than starting the launcher and click "launch" to play, I did not alter the game whatsoever and my internet connection was working properly (as you can see from the Youtube tab behind the launcher). Just because this didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen to others.

And no, I didn't bug report this because I have seen how productive FD is at fixing them, regardless, this bug is gone AFAIK.

At last, where did I claim you were "setting up a target"?

Last edited:
I mostly fly a medium ship (AspX), so I usually don't have to worry about landing pads.

Under normal circumstances, I'd be doing this CG, but I'm on the far side of the core, returning from DWE 2.

I have never had to do anything other than starting the launcher and click "launch" to play, I did not alter the game whatsoever and my internet connection was working properly (as you can see from the Youtube tab behind the launcher). Just because this didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen to others.

And no, I didn't bug report this because I have seen how productive FD is at fixing them, regardless, this bug is gone AFAIK.

At last, where did I claim you were "setting up a target"?

Not doubting it hasn't happened to others, but calling it an "unplayable" game doesn't apply to all of us.

So, you don't think they'll fix bugs when you report them through the official channel, yet griping about it here is going to help? Not sure that logic is sound.

And if you're gonna throw around comments about a strawman, maybe you should learn what it means first? 😂

Look, good luck with your unofficial griping. I've wasted enough time and space on this thread trying to get some reason and logic out there, but some things are just a lost cause.

o7 CMDR

Dirty router, I'll bet my blue box on it.
I can see that! I had a whacky bug with my router on Overwatch awhile back - the game worked perfectly in its entirety, until a special event came around, in which case it would disconnect every 3 minutes. Any other game mode worked fine, but not the co-op story missions! There's a very select few of us that it occurred to, apparently. But that took like 2 minutes of a quick Google to discover. Much less time than hijacking an entire forum thread to complain about it without trying the official reporting service, or by using Google.

🤷‍♂️

Not doubting it hasn't happened to others, but calling it an "unplayable" game doesn't apply to all of us.

I never said it was.

So, you don't think they'll fix bugs when you report them through the official channel, yet griping about it here is going to help? Not sure that logic is sound.

The bug was merely an example of how bad an update can be here in ED, reported of not, that bug is gone thus nothing will "help" because there is no need to help.

And if you're gonna throw around comments about a strawman, maybe you should learn what it means first? 😂

Yes, I know what a strawman is, you should refer to it by its name instead of "target", and yes, you did set up a strawman.

Look, good luck with your unofficial griping. I've wasted enough time and space on this thread trying to get some reason and logic out there, but some things are just a lost cause.

Oh yeah, because strawman and ad-hominem fallacies constitute "reason and logic".

Two things to touch on here ;-

As far as the Bridging the gap thing in concerned, personally, I would have preferred it if ;-
  1. There had been missions available for the factions in game which could have contributed the outcome of both of the CGs.
  2. When the war was declared, a scenario in around the installation where you had to defend/ attack the science facility where the combat bonds would contribute towards the conflict CG.
  3. In the conflict CG, you could only sign up for one of the factions. It's always bothered me that you could play for both sides against each other.
  4. Something a bit more hand's on like a live event run by FDev staff.
I like the fact there that there has been a mini-narrative behind the Interstellar Initiative and, as a first one, it's been OK. I've know learning how to run these events is going to be a learning process, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As far as Open is concerned, I've found that the vast majority of the time, and I mean about 98% of the time, the people I've met in open have been helpful, polite and want to either wing or crew up but you normally don't hear about that on the forums or reddit. You'll hear about the 2% of the time where people are seal-clubed or ganked, which gives the impression that Open mode is normally a virtual blood bath. So people run to pvt or solo to avoid it, which is a shame because winging up and to a lesser extent multi-crewing is one of the more fun parts of the game.

Yes, you have to be aware that there is a chance of ganking in open and you should build your ship to take account of it. That Min/Max Cargo trader or that unarmed explorer vessel is not going to do you much good. I've always felt that the PVE game is too easy for players to Min/Max their ships, thus when they take that ship around open and some 'Ner Do Well' player decides that you look like an easy target, it might as well be re-buy time.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom