Hutton's Dusty Bento Balls Convoy - 8th June

9 wings signed up so far across PC and XBox and one on PS4. Early days, but it's filling up nicely.
I have a catch-22 problem. I need to state the ship I'll fly, but I don't have a wing. And I need a wing so I can know which ship will I fly.

So if any wing is missing a pilot, I'm up for grabs, together with my fleet. :)

So. Who is going to open the bidding with the ultimate survival build for a space truck?

ECM? Point defence? Cold running? Module reinforcement? Fast reboot on drives and frameshift? Speed?

Post your ultimate blockade runner ideas

So. Who is going to open the bidding with the ultimate survival build for a space truck?

ECM? Point defence? Cold running? Module reinforcement? Fast reboot on drives and frameshift? Speed?

Post your ultimate blockade runner ideas

Detritus - T9
8a Prismatic Shield Generator Reinforced L4
4d Hull Reinforcement Package
4h Guardian Fsd Booster
6a Power Plant
Overcharged L2
7a Thrusters Dirty L5
6a Frame Shift Drive Increased Range L5
5d Life Support
Environment Control
6a Power Distributor
4a Sensors
6c Fuel Tank
Armour
1i Military Grade Composite Heavy Duty L5
0a Shield Booster Blast Resistant L4
0a Shield Booster Heavy Duty L4 Thermo Block
0i Point Defence
0i Heat Sink Launcher

Right - we're rapidly approaching the week when we need to think about loading up on BALLS!
The source location has a rares allocation - we're attempting to improve the quantity available at the moment via a little positive work.

A few questions answered:
1. How do I load up?
Bring a big ship, some limpets and a controller and 3 or so friends. Buy some. Fly away from station (maybe 8-10km?). Park. Send friends for more balls. Have them bring you their balls and drop their balls near you. Hoover them up. The allocation re-appears after 10 minutes, so they can use that handy timer function on their x52 pro. Effectively, 3 sips in rotation doing the do should load you up nicely!

2. What if the rares dry up/become unavailable
We'll just pick something else, like Centauri mega Gin, or Lavian Brandy and take that to the party instead. Unless of course anyone has bonus balls in advance that they can shar!

3. Aren't we loading up on the evening?
No - you need to arrive dressed and ready for the party

4. By 20:00, is that SERVER time? No - it's BST which is server time +1

5. I haven't got a wing!

6. Who's in Rainbow Orca Wing this time?
Any volunteers? Upgraded to Belugas maybe? Or Mambas?

7. How do I get a Hutton Mug?
By entering, delivering balls as part of the convoy, and then proving it. Names go in hat. Names come out of hat. Hutton Mugs go to names that went in and came out of hat.

8. Is it a REAL Hutton mug?
Yes. Accept no fakery.

Just one a week to go before the big convoy. Have you and your wings decided on a colour scheme yet for your wing and a name as well ? Do you know who your wing leader is and gets to shout out on teamspeak the immortal words of ‘red leader standing by’ maybe ?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Just a few more days to go before this awesome event is due to take place! I've been on other Hutton convoys in the past and they are always great fun, so don't miss out on this opportunity to take part in one!

When I participated in the first convoy I had never scooped fuel before and being new at it resulted in me getting too close to the star a couple of times and dropping into the EZ - something I've never been allowed to forget and since immortalised in the "Hutton Truckers Song"! Fortunately over the years since then I've become much better at scooping and rarely have such accidents anymore (only if I'm tired and not concentrating).

There will be commanders joining the convoy on all platforms and modes, so nobody will be left out. Anyone on PC will be able to communicate with others regardless of play mode using the 'System' chat, and other platforms can join the voice chat on Teamspeak (radio.forthemug.com - no password) or listen on Hutton Orbital Radio (http://radio.forthemug.com/). Quite a few people will be streaming, so anyone not able to make it themselves can follow the shenanigans on Twitch (
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers
).

So, don't be shy.... whether you play alone or with a squad, anyone can join in. Although many will be in Open, if you prefer a PG or even Solo, that is fine as you can still communicate via the methods mentioned above. All you need to do is sign up at https://tinyurl.com/DustyBentoBalls so that the organisers know how many to expect and whether or not you need a wing.

In the meantime, don't forget to load up with Crystalline Spheres at Snow Moon in the Bento system. Large pads are available there, but the destination station is an outpost so a small or medium ship is recommended unless you are happy to drop them for you wing-mates. As Crystalline Spheres are a rare good, allocations will be limited so bring collector limpets and have others load you up. In fact, anyone who can't make the convoy itself would be most welcome to come and help load up those who can during the next few days leading up to the event - or anyone coming in a supporive role can also help with loading.

Let's make this an event to remember by having the best fun you can possibly have in Elite! For The Mug!

A few admin notices:

1. We've been in touch with people about their wing allocations - let us know if you've not heard from us yet
2. Pirates - if you're reading this then good luck getting your hands on the convoy route, you'll have to prise it from my cold, dead fingers. Oh, and if you're staging daylight robbery, please choose a station NEAR the destination that you can sell them on the black market and be prepared to provide proof of honourable disem-balling of any ships in the convoy to qualify for Bento Ball and Hutton Prizes. Might be worth co-ordinating your efforts as we're going armed for bear and in this case, you're Rupert.
3. The route will be released to wing leaders on THURSDAY evening, if you want a copy, make sure you PM me please! Unless you're a pirate and your eye patch and wooden leg are a giveaway then please see item 2
4. Load-up is commencing this week for the larger ships - Thurs, Fri evening and Sat daytime. Go grab your balls, everyone!

The Hull seals would love the opportunity to provide repairs as needed. Several are also Fuel Rats as well so could give extra support at the refuel stop.

How can we participate in this manner?
Hi are the Hull Seals able to help us with the convoy on Saturday ? We would love you to be there

Hi everyone! So I gonna try bring as many ru cmdrs from ps4 as I can to this event. My big ? - is there gonna be chat or something other then team speak to set those 3 min.. In DW2 we have squad for marking and timing those jumps.. Any ideas for making it easy for ps4 and xbox?

Only just got round to signing up as I wasn’t sure if I could make it. It sounds epic and I remember watching the previous one with Ed - just hilarious! I’m a member of Canonn but I have a combat ship so can hopefully help fend off those stinky pirates. Hope I’m not too late. See you in Bento on Saturday! FOR THE MUG!

Hi everyone! So I gonna try bring as many ru cmdrs from ps4 as I can to this event. My big ? - is there gonna be chat or something other then team speak to set those 3 min.. In DW2 we have squad for marking and timing those jumps.. Any ideas for making it easy for ps4 and xbox?

We will be coordinating a relay of info to system chat, and to the Hutton discord channel to keep people in touch.

We run a voice relay to xbox and ps4 from the teamspeak as well which we often use on the radio show.

Also we are streaming from the head of the convoy on TV.forthemug.com and radio.forthemug.com

There will be full cross platform comms as best we can!

So.

A few notes re salt and pirates and npc

We are loading up with RARES
NPC's like rares. Apparently your balls are 'juicy cargo'.
As we are coordinating this in public there may well be people saying yarr and attempting to Rob you
There are stars that will also try to Rob you of your cargo, especially if you are plotting next jump whilst scooping

The event is on ALL 3 platforms and run in open, pg and solo though the vast majority of players are in open. There are a handful who are running the route alongside us in other modes. That's cool, will just be less fun.

Please don't bring something you can't afford to lose. This is a giant game of space Bulldog and you are a tasty morsel for SOMETHING out there.

If you are interdicted and well organised, your choices are:
1. Talk your way out of it
2. Run! Chaff/heatsinks/ECM/boost
3. Wait for your wingmen/a security detail to turn up and pray your shields hold
4. Accede to their request and drop a little cargo in the hopes that keeping the pirates busy scooping saves your wing mates from trouble. You never know, they might leave you with one ball intact or a fellow player might drop one of theirs

Things that are BOUND to end badly
1. Shooting back against overwhelming odds
2. Shooting back and wondering why they blw you up
3. Being salty. Seriously. The event is fun and any player interactions are 'by consent'. By all means shout out on comms 'bandits at 5 o'clock' etc and have a laugh but saltiness will just go down badly and ruin your day. It also feeds the trolls. Trolls love salt.

Pilots... Tens upon tens of you will set out, not all of you will make it with your balls intact. If you explode, consider buying some bribery for the pirates and racing to rejoin the convoy. There will be unloading, there will be 'keeping any pirates busy' etc and it is all fun.

If you are damaged, you can call for repair by the Hull Seals who will be there. If you are low on fuel there will be some roving refuellers. There will be a central contact on each platform who can assist.

Regarding friends lists etc. It is advantageous to the matchmaking system if you are in each other's friends lists.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Bam
Top Bottom