PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

mNuKDGC.jpg

And my joystick collection which has grown only since the x52 was shelved cos I still haven't found anything that works as well as the x52...

SFF50wL.jpg

That's a nice setup.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I felt the T16000 was a bit "lite" - when pushing the thruster forward I'd often move the entire unit.
Consider the difference between a thruster that works on an axis and one that slides - if you get one that slides you may need to secure it.
Agreed. I solved it by placing three pieces of velcro (industrial, double sided plastic type) to it and to my desk. I did the same to the stick as I found the base to be too small and it tilted when in my typical frantic "Oh my god I'm gonna die!" PvP fights :oops:
It's not for everyone as some don't have their sticks permanently on their desk, but atleast it's a cheap workaround.

Thanks! I'm very happy with it. I bought the rig second hand, the previous owner had modified it to take a genuine BMW M3 seat (2002 model, that's what the seat is, forgive the poor reupholstery job), as a seat it is awesome, and all the driving position adjustments work as well. The monitor is a 32" curved 144hz benq freesync jobbie.

I wonder if I should upload yesterday's training session with Loren's Reapers?

Carcosa Gimbal Scrub Shenanigans Episode I - A Fer-de-Lance Menace?

Any ideas where to upload? Youtube?

I wonder if I should upload yesterday's training session with Loren's Reapers?

Carcosa Gimbal Scrub Shenanigans Episode I - A Fer-de-Lance Menace?

Any ideas where to upload? Youtube?

Kari suggested Google Drive the other day. I'd like to upload and post here but I'm not sure if I could avoid swearing. Too amusing. :D

Kari suggested Google Drive the other day. I'd like to upload and post here but I'm not sure if I could avoid swearing. Too amusing. :D
I rewatched the two fights yesterday and while I was pretty proud of beating you both, I was astonished how much more efficient I could get if I *** hit anything at all with my *** rail or if I did some more/better pip management.

I rewatched the two fights yesterday and while I was pretty proud of beating you both, I was astonished how much more efficient I could get if I hit anything at all with my rail or if I did some more/better pip management.

I still want that mirror rematch. :p

But yeah, PIPs make all the difference. My fight with Ren got a lot better as the rust was knocked off. PIP management was looking pretty good at the end, though unfortunately it didn't record the whole fight.

Our fight was me messing up that bank by waiting too long to pop it and not enough good shooting for sure.

But yeah, PIPs make all the difference. My fight with Ren got a lot better as the rust was knocked off. PIP management was looking pretty good at the end, though unfortunately it didn't record the whole fight.

Our fight was me messing up that bank by waiting too long to pop it and not enough good shooting for sure.
I'm open for a rematch, I need the training anyways.
And I still wonder which fit is the better one, I tend to think my bi-weave setup is slightly better, at least against your PA build or Ren's Cannon Furry.
Anything which will suppress my regen will propably have more problems with my prismo setup.

Out of curiosity, do you use your FDL for PvP or also that rather peculiar DBX?

I'm theorycrafting my Courier, hope to have the improvements online by tonight :)
What is the spec of your FDL @Phisto Sobanii ?

Still chuckling...

I've got to run out for an errand. I'll post the FDL I used while we were defending the megaship when I return. It's one of my favorites.

Out of curiosity, do you use your FDL for PvP or also that rather peculiar DBX?

FDL is my main for nearly everything I can use it for.

Only the second or third time in my career I've brought the DBX out for PvP. It's the only small ship I have in Colonia so I'm messing around with different loadouts and configurations. I think it'll be a more worthwhile ship for sparring with newer people than some overpowered monstrosity.

Last edited:
Only the second or third time in my career I've brought the DBX out for PvP. It's the only small ship I have in Colonia so I'm messing around with different loadouts and configurations. I think it'll be a more worthwhile ship for sparring with newer people than some overpowered monstrosity.
@Ian Skippy - what Phisto means is me :) (and @Wargfoot if we can entice him out here...)
My little Courier lasted around 30 secs against his FDL!

(but I'd chosen 50% hull as I had no idea how the little one would stand up to human opposition - I was quite surprised!)

@Ian Skippy - what Phisto means is me :) (and @Wargfoot if we can entice him out here...)
My little Courier lasted around 30 secs against his FDL!

(but I'd chosen 50% hull as I had no idea how the little one would stand up to human opposition - I was quite surprised!)

You'd be surprised how often I hear that. First time Yola and I sparred she said the same thing. People are more competent than they might realize! Sure, we're not going to be taking down the pros or anything but we're not helpless either.

Here's the ship I used: https://s.orbis.zone/39cv

Couple notes for you. It's a very straight forward FDL build. There are a few items I could optimize for competitive PvP (lighter sensors and life support, for example) but since I'm nearly always flying "in the wild" I don't completely min/max.

(I'm so killing BigMaec with this. :D )

You'd be surprised how often I hear that. First time Yola and I sparred she said the same thing. People are more competent than they might realize! Sure, we're not going to be taking down the pros or anything but we're not helpless either.

Here's the ship I used: https://s.orbis.zone/39cv

Couple notes for you. It's a very straight forward FDL build. There are a few items I could optimize for competitive PvP (lighter sensors and life support, for example) but since I'm nearly always flying "in the wild" I don't completely min/max.

(I'm so killing BigMaec with this. :D )
we shall see :LOL:

As counterpoint, here are my two builds I use in Colonia

McFlurry II

--> dual HRP + high cap Prismo + 5x Booster HDHDHDTRRA + Chaff / 4x OC Multi + LR FB ImpHammer

--> dual HRP + fast charge Bi-weave + 5x Booster HDHDHDTRRA + Chaff / 4x OC Multi + LR FB ImpHammer
(activate the boosters in the build above, I turned them off to see regen time)

Top Bottom