[Video] Leaked Thargoid models

So I posted this on a parallel thread, and it looks like my suspicions were verified.
A couple of things.
1) The face is extremely reminiscent of the Chigg helmet from Space Above and Beyond.
2) The textures do not appear to be that consistent with probes, sensors, scavengers, flowers or scouts. Could this be a Blender mashup of the model?
a) The current sensor and probe animated textures are great, providing illusory depth and activity - I hope they are incorporated in the final model.
3) The body model lacks the detailing found in probes, sensors, and scavengers.
a) The unusual protuberances on those existing assets give the sense that there is organic functionality to the entire system rather than a smooth encasement.
b) A close up look at ants or wasps reveals hair, articulated antennae, eyes, spiracles, detailed articulation points, etc. These are lacking in the leaked model.
4) Traits and functionality questions -
Why grasping apendages on legs used for locomotion?
Do they live in trees? Their hive ship has floors. Weird. Did not see a bunch of handholds in the mothership tunnels.
I get the small retracted appendages with grasping hands - there are plenty of crustaceans, insects, arachnids, etc. that have equivalents.
Why so tall (long legs relative to torso dimension)? Do they feed on things significantly above the ground level?
So many articulations in the limbs, do they engage in high-speed locomotion through tunnels of a variety of dimensions?
They are definitely not swimmers!
In a cold ammonia-rich environment, they might absorb nutrition directly from their environment, so surface area increasing adaptations might be prevalent - but they are absent on the model. The mouth detail is very limited, do they even need to eat? There are no feeding assist limbs like what you would see with any terrestrial organism with an exoskeleton.

If this is legit, it's probably an early concept piece.

So I posted this on a parallel thread, and it looks like my suspicions were verified.
A couple of things.
1) The face is extremely reminiscent of the Chigg helmet from Space Above and Beyond.
2) The textures do not appear to be that consistent with probes, sensors, scavengers, flowers or scouts. Could this be a Blender mashup of the model?
a) The current sensor and probe animated textures are great, providing illusory depth and activity - I hope they are incorporated in the final model.
3) The body model lacks the detailing found in probes, sensors, and scavengers.
a) The unusual protuberances on those existing assets give the sense that there is organic functionality to the entire system rather than a smooth encasement.
b) A close up look at ants or wasps reveals hair, articulated antennae, eyes, spiracles, detailed articulation points, etc. These are lacking in the leaked model.
4) Traits and functionality questions -
Why grasping apendages on legs used for locomotion?
Do they live in trees? Their hive ship has floors. Weird. Did not see a bunch of handholds in the mothership tunnels.
I get the small retracted appendages with grasping hands - there are plenty of crustaceans, insects, arachnids, etc. that have equivalents.
Why so tall (long legs relative to torso dimension)? Do they feed on things significantly above the ground level?
So many articulations in the limbs, do they engage in high-speed locomotion through tunnels of a variety of dimensions?
They are definitely not swimmers!
In a cold ammonia-rich environment, they might absorb nutrition directly from their environment, so surface area increasing adaptations might be prevalent - but they are absent on the model. The mouth detail is very limited, do they even need to eat? There are no feeding assist limbs like what you would see with any terrestrial organism with an exoskeleton.

If this is legit, it's probably an early concept piece.

So from reading what you said.......Do humans looks like their ships and technology? Why should Thargoids? Have you been to an Ammonia-rich envirement world completely like earth? What do the creatures look like there? We have paint jobs with gold and other colours i fail to see a human skin have?, why not so tall? they are Alien...your apparent issues seems like you want them to look like they resemble what we have on earth.

Not being a smart ass by the way just pointing out they are billions of years old from god knows where in the galaxy or even further, I personally like the model as its wacky but yet looks like something that if running at you in real life you would curl up and you're pants lol

So from reading what you said.......Do humans looks like their ships and technology? Why should Thargoids? Have you been to an Ammonia-rich envirement world completely like earth? What do the creatures look like there? We have paint jobs with gold and other colours i fail to see a human skin have?, why not so tall? they are Alien...your apparent issues seems like you want them to look like they resemble what we have on earth.

Not being a smart by the way just pointing out they are billions of years old from god knows where in the galaxy or even further, I personally like the model as its wacky but yet looks like something that if running at you in real life you would curl up and poopoo you're pants lol
So the ships are biomechanical, with the logical inference being they share common biologic elements. Scouts aren't identical to Cyclops, which aren't identical to Medusa's, which aren't identical to motherships or scavengers or barnacles BUT they have dozens of consistent design features including the iridescent sheen, similar projection dimensions, ribbing, and texture features. Probes, links, and sensors have common elements as well. The skins impart a sense of biologic action, not fashion.

Height is an evolutionary adaptation, unless it is specifically designed as a necessary feature for their environment. For example, there aren't many heavy turtle shells on birds, because it is an adaptation that would not confer a survival advantage. Being tall as a trait would not exist unless there was an evolutionary advantage. Having several joints in the limbs is an adaptation for dimension alteration (moving through small or large spaces while remaining connected to the surroundings). Grasping forelimbs with no opposable thumb is an adaptation for swinging arboreal locomotion. Clearly there wouldn't be trees as we know them on an ammonia world, but these limbs simply would not exist if they did not confer an adaptive advantage. Having them in the front, and apparently not in the back is also an odd design choice.

If they are billions of years old, it is highly unlikely that the current physical expression would look anything like their initial biologic iterations. By now, they would be engineered to fit specific roles rather than as "bees" or "wasps" with a more or less uniform body plan, but different programmed tasks.

Since it is confirmed that this is an early discarded model, I'm sure that the final expression will probably fit better with the existing Thargoid assets.

Not being a smart by the way just pointing out they are billions of years old from god knows where in the galaxy or even further, I personally like the model as its wacky but yet looks like something that if running at you in real life you would curl up and poopoo you're pants lol
I'd like to point out that the mycoid virus affected them as well as their technology, which suggests that they're genetically very similar. Viruses don't usually jump from between very different species. I think it's likely their technology was created from genetically modified thargoids.

Top Bottom