Keyboard support

Why not just get a HOTAS? They're a few that have console support that are relatively cheap. I'll hopefully be getting one soon after my next round of bills get paid.

Why not just get a HOTAS? They're a few that have console support that are relatively cheap. I'll hopefully be getting one soon after my next round of bills get paid.
I bought myself a HOTAS a little while back, it does improve the game immersion so I highly recommend it. The game is perfectly playable with current keybindings, but it would be nice to have certain actions bound to a single key on a keyboard.

I bought myself a HOTAS a little while back, it does improve the game immersion so I highly recommend it. The game is perfectly playable with current keybindings, but it would be nice to have certain actions bound to a single key on a keyboard.
I doubt FDev will even approach the issue (despite more than a few requests) until the new, revamped and totally marvellous E-D arrives in late 2020.

S P A C E L E G S... Probably won't happen though. Logically I think that's gonna require a total makeover, possibly an entirely new game, to make a reality.

Keyboard support totally a possibility though.

I doubt FDev will even approach the issue (despite more than a few requests) until the new, revamped and totally marvellous E-D arrives in late 2020.
I do suspect that you are correct.

S P A C E L E G S... Probably won't happen though. Logically I think that's gonna require a total makeover, possibly an entirely new game, to make a reality.

Keyboard support totally a possibility though.
I think spacelegs would be cool, but If it is done badly it would ruin the game. I agree that it would be an entirely new game, they do have over a year before the next big update so it is still a possibility.
I would like to see the option to make your own outposts or stations.

I think spacelegs would be cool, but If it is done badly it would ruin the game. I agree that it would be an entirely new game, they do have over a year before the next big update so it is still a possibility.
I would like to see the option to make your own outposts or stations.

Truth. If Spacelegs will even be a thing, I wouldn't mind them... "Planting a seed" of it first which they then allow to grow. Example: First drop of it is literally just ship interiors and perhaps a social hub on stations. Ability to interact with the world might be meh, but it provides good social value as other players can tour your ship, and big groups can meet up on station.

As time goes on, this will be developed upon to make walking on a planet possible, hell literal space walking could be a possibility, maybe even combat. All of that, would come in slowly. Allowing the devs to work on it carefully.

If they are, most importantly, I don't want the dev team to feel rushed by the community. If anything I want the team to take their time. I've been playing for little under a year now, maybe actually longer, and I'm still being blown away by the amount if sheer detail that went into so many aspects of the game, and Elite is possibly the most beautiful games I'd ever played, made more so when that graphical update went live, which is nuts compared to the sheer scale of it..

For that reason, as I've said, if it is coming, I'd like to see them take their time with it.

As far as player owned stations, I've been thinking about this too, especially with the new squadron system. I was thinking they could implement some sort of level system for squadrons that could provide specific stations based on rank. These stations can't just be placed anywhere though, and you could only have up to three stations per squadron, perhaps even only one that can be "upgraded" as the squadron levels as a mission. Constructing them wouldn't be cheap, making the squadron work as a unit to gather the materials needed and would be handled like a community goal only that squadron has access to. The owner of the squadron could pick the model, colors and the ai voice of the traffic controller. Facilities the station can have are strictly based on type if station, and which ones the squadron has access to depend on level, and if course once access is unlocked, they would need to be constructed as well.

As far as how to approach leveling, I was thinking something where player count and specific activities would gather "xp". Each level unlocking new perks, and station ownership being later down in the line, ensuring that only the well established squadrons can begin to make them.

But... Who knows what we will see in 2020? I just hope the hype everyone's generating is worth the outcome, too much hype can severely damage a game if it fails to deliver on it's promise, and I really love Elite, I don't want to see hype kill it.

But... I've gone entirely off topic to what this thread is about. My apologies.

Last edited:
Nope
You will get keyboard remaping support from Fdev when pigs learn to fly with out helicopters...
and Lisas pig from simpsons doe not count... that was water pressure propelant... and wrong type of pig..

Top Bottom