Ships Gimballed Frag Cannons vs Gimballed MultiCannons for PvP Clipper

Cant decide between the two for my PvP Clipper. I feel like I have better results with MCs, but so far I fought only my buddies who are not very good PvPers... I have a feeling that Gimbal MCs will not work at all against ppl who know how to chaff. Thoughts?

The Clipper in PvP has it's advantage in running away.

They're generally pretty squishy and not overly capable of matching the damage output of ships with identical hardpoint layouts.

Also, super easy to turn it's modules to mince.

Get a FAS/Phantom

In pvp reality keep in mind that majority of the players run plasmas with dispersal field and lock breaker mods. Those can be very frustrating for gimballed weapon users, although confused frag cannon can still score a hit in close distance. Speaking of weapons take a look and my battle Clipper. Frags all the way. Two overcharged with rapid reload, one with corrosive shell, one with drag munitions. Deals good damage while her speed saved me from seeing rebuy screen couple of times. https://s.orbis.zone/3dqo

Doesn't dispersal and TLB kind of contradict each other? Dispersal giving a chaff like effect but then you break his lock which reverts his weapons back to a fixed state?
or is it a belt n braces concept where if TLB doesn't work the chaff effect does???

Doesn't dispersal and TLB kind of contradict each other? Dispersal giving a chaff like effect but then you break his lock which reverts his weapons back to a fixed state?
or is it a belt n braces concept where if TLB doesn't work the chaff effect does???
TLB mainly prevents subtargeting, because you can instantly reacquire your hostile target with a click of a button.
Dispersal reduces gimbal and turret effectiveness.
Two different effects which compliment very well in certain situations. I see no contradiction.

TLB mainly prevents subtargeting, because you can instantly reacquire your hostile target with a click of a button.
Dispersal reduces gimbal and turret effectiveness.
Two different effects which compliment very well in certain situations. I see no contradiction.

Righto gotya.

Does Dispersal effect gimbals/turrets while they are untargeted? (i.e. acting as fixed weapons)

Top Bottom