Baldur's Gate III?

I think I briefly played BGII, and had trouble as my team were too different in character traits from each other, and always ended up fighting, and killing each other.

Also, did one of these games have an NPC that was a floating skull that gets kidnapped?

Yes - your party will start killing each other off if they are of good/evil alignment and your reputation hits certain levels. Fun times!

The floating skull is Morte from Planescape Torment,

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
I just spluttered my beer - the original BG games and IWD, PST, and NWN are being released on console - the Nintendo Switch of all things!

Interesting times indeed!

Mind you - if they released for the PS Vita I'd gobble them all up within seconds ;)

Last edited:
Any indication of a release date/month/year/epoch?

I never played the BG games myself but I loved the Divinity series from this studio so this has really made my rubbish day.

Any indication of a release date/month/year/epoch?

I never played the BG games myself but I loved the Divinity series from this studio so this has really made my rubbish day.

November 2019 apparently :D

As for not having playing the old games, grab them (the enhanced editions with all the expansions included) cheap on GOG for a fiver each at the moment - although I expect that to rise soon with all the sudden BG attention.

With Larian at the helm this will be epic.
Waait, hold the press. Was that a Paladin of Torm turning into an Illithid? Damn you Larian for making me interested with a short teaser...

EDIT: Oh wait no, it's just a Flaming Fist guy, still :D

Last edited:
Got them. Can't remember how you do it, but its possible.
Get him stuck on the other side of the lake on that map, because standard BG1 pathing without ini tweaks sucks, and fill him full of arrows. Takes a while since you only hit on a 20, but it will work.

Get him stuck on the other side of the lake on that map, because standard BG1 pathing without ini tweaks sucks, and fill him full of arrows. Takes a while since you only hit on a 20, but it will work.

Nah, i used a different method than that. Something about returning to him once you have a certain item and are levelled up. Was far too long ago.

Nah, i used a different method than that. Something about returning to him once you have a certain item and are levelled up. Was far too long ago.
Yeah I think there was another way of doing it. Also might be interesting for you AA, if you check that trailer again, watch the skies at the end. Those look suspiciously like Nautiloid spelljammers in the sky ;)

Yeah I think there was another way of doing it. Also might be interesting for you AA, if you check that trailer again, watch the skies at the end. Those look suspiciously like Nautiloid spelljammers in the sky ;)

Oh my.... must control the hype, must control the hype....

BG/spelljammer crossver?!!!

However, how can someone transform into an illthid like that against their will? I mean, polymorph other, but that doesn't mean they will be like "oh, cool, i'm now an illthid, i'll go walking down this street with a purpose." Its like their body was taken over by one and then transformed. Unless part of the story is they have got some new ability... or, its not actually an illthid, or some sort of super illthid.

Not enough info for now. I hope they don't throw lore out of the window though.

Yeah, that worried me for a moment, that they go with that horrible Spellplague from 4e to explain the metamorphosis, but hey, maybe he was an Illithid sleeper agent all this time, and the invasion triggered him to turn back to his original form ;)

Yeah, that worried me for a moment, that they go with that horrible Spellplague from 4e to explain the metamorphosis, but hey, maybe he was an Illithid sleeper agent all this time, and the invasion triggered him to turn back to his original form ;)

Oooh... could be.

Top Bottom