Scytale

Banned
No no no. The front page covers the missions that used to be handed out by DW in SD. :rolleyes:
The Boss would explain this much better than me, but just to keep some concepts clear among the Raxxla mess, be aware that the ancient missions were given by other factions, aimed at doing espionnage on TDW suspect activities. Not by SD TDW.
That was the plot, to shadow TDW investigations for the count of many other factions. (i.e. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-2571931)
So, two options related to TDW, whether you think this plot is still running under another form and spy TDW or work for TDW to gain their trust and an invite like the Codex suggests.
Imho.
Now, I understand most of this is just happy past times nostalgia, but IF we assume that these missions were finally aimed at the personal journey-discovery of Raxxla (The Myth) and were, for some reason, expressly terminated by FDevs, a pattern remains, though. They were leading you... somewhere. From the core to the rim... and then ?
Could it be extrapolated with consistency ?

Last edited:
So, interestingly... they may be bugged. I went back to TDW and looked at some cargo missions.

While they look the same on the surface:
View attachment 134123

One was a standard mission:
View attachment 134125

Other was an E/F mission:
View attachment 134126

It's not just an "Elite" thing either... they also offered some other missions which just had the "Elite" rank req. Maybe a bugreport is due...

A new bug report about the E/F missions can't do any harm. FD is used to, they'll survive.
Now, it's interesting to see that the word "Founders" is back. Not sure up to what point, though.
Anyway, the fact that some missions are reserved to Elite and others to Elite and Founders is quite a point ! Imho.
Be aware that the ancient missions were more likely given by other factions, aimed at doing espionnage on TDW suspect activities.

It's not a bug or something new.
I detailed what happened to the the original Founders missions way in post #586...
TLDR: FD didn't migrate the original Founder missions to the new mission system for 2.1.
I raised the issue during the 2.1 beta and we got thrown a couple of standard missions with increased payouts - that was all they had time for before it went live. They said they hoped to revisit them in the future and add more but never have.

"Elite or Founder" missions were supposed to be special/rare missions. Some of us pledged extra Kickstarter cash to be "Founding Members of the Elite" and one of the perks was to have early access to them. MB said post release (when we actually had to take to the main forum area to fight for our unimplemented "Founder" decal and other missing features) that more special/rare missions would be coming... I think they've since been swept under the carpet along with Offline mode and multiple commander slots though. My most recent inquiries about the status of the missions either just get ignored or receive a "nothing to discuss" response. Well at least I have a £55 decal hey.
I don't think they'll be coming back tbh.

BTW - The difference with the "Elite" ranked missions vs the "Elite or Founder" ones are that the "Elite" missions aren't locked to rank - it's a difficulty indicator - but the "or Founder" missions ARE rank-gated. They're the only ones, and it's because they were meant to be "end-game" type missions only available in the Founders system. (we got left with place-holders)

(@Macros Black: I've fixed most of the links in post #586 mentioned in your OP - but one dev post didn't get migrated by the looks of it.)

Last edited:
View attachment 134214
*I do not claim ownership of this image or the intellectual property it represents *

I believe the implication of this was that all the unknown permit sectors are in the dark spots of the raxxla image. probably not the entire dark spots. I'm sure one could resize it to fit perfectly, but who knows?
Each corner of the shapes is a permit locked system OR a permit locked area

Scytale

Banned
My two cents about Romero.
If FD want us to have a chance to find him, then more clues are coming.
If no clues are coming... Forget about it. There isn't even an NPC called Gan Romero flying through the MW.
They just love to keep us hyped and swarming like blind flies across their Stellar Forge. (Most of the time for nothing at all.)
Imho.
Btw... He is not supposed to be flying his own ship, is he ? So is there point in being looking for a "Cmdr" Gan Romero DBX ?
Mmmh ? Oh..yes. Ofc. We always can bet on another FD's usual inconsistency.
So I figured out what I hit, but has anyone ever seen the weird disappearing asteroid thing before?
I haven't but I heard they are called "obfuscated". :p

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
These 6 black hole animations look identical to me. But if we find one black hole called the Omphalos Rift, things will get interesting.

Very interesting, nice :)

Still makes me wonder why that Spectrum was created and is displayed, seems it'd be pointless to create just for the FSS Screen of a Black Hole (which is entirely redundant otherwise, since there's no need to ever FSS any Star).

Something inside me regrets being still 20k LY out, otherwise I'd probably make a rare trip to fetch a few "weird" Cargo Canisters - or maybe a Guardian Key and see if that Spectrum suddenly does something else. Maia Black Hole maybe, dunno.
A potential Door.... A potential Key in Cargo Bay (I remember a Thargoid "key" in form of a UA opened up the doors to its inside "Galaxy Hologram Simulator").
Hell why not?

Sadly, nothing but blank theory-crafting... if the Animation turns out to be static/fluff FX, it'd be just another dud :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Scytale

Banned
At 132 Ls out from the star, I was very much on the 'outer rim' of that particular ring :D
Did you log off/in ? Jump out/in ?
Did you ask somebody else to try ? PC/Console? Bug report ? Did you hear siren's songs ? Did you taste Ol' Pa's pure malt ? Doc's Maria ? Macros the Black's potions ? Han_Zen's chinese mushrooms? ....
Could be a new thing !
Optimistic much ?

Last edited:
My two cents about Romero.
If FD want us to have a chance to find him, then more clues are coming.
If no clues are coming... Forget about it. There isn't even an NPC called Gan Romero flying through the MW.
They just love to keep us hyped and swarming like blind flies across their Stellar Forge. (Most of the time for nothing at all.)
Imho.
Btw... He is not supposed to be flying his own ship, is he ? So is there point in being looking for a "Cmdr" Gan Romero DBX ?
Mmmh ? Oh..yes. Ofc. We always can bet on another FD's usual inconsistency.

I haven't but I heard they are called "obfuscated". :p

Interesting take. Perhaps I've been in-galaxy too short a time (2 months now) to have grown properly cynical, like some others around here.

Here's my 2 cents. The storyline doesn't exist for nothing, maybe that's naive, but I imagine there's a point to it. The fact that previous plots didn't pan out to be as spectacular as others wish doesn't make participation in the greater storyline of a beautiful universe any less worthwhile to me. Perhaps the Halsey storyline never progressed because the players missed the next step, and the Romero line is another crack at the same puzzle. It would seem to cheapen the universe if a "missed" story element were simply handed out after some time to force universe progression - I rather like the concept that Cmdrs were given a couple years to crack it, then when we didn't, we get another shot at it from another angle. It seems, you know, organic. Less "gamey".

Also, looking solely for a comms return for a "Cmdr Gan Romero" would indeed be silly. But looking for his wreck site, or the secret facility he may have been heading to, or evidence of his passing through a system, or any number of other breadcrumbs seems a lot less so.

In any case, being in a full-scale MW is so intellectually stimulating that searching for Romero is, for me, more or less an excuse to fly around for 25,000Ly with some level of purpose - even if it is a fool's errand.

I guess I'm the fool then. A fool who really likes his Krait.

Q

Scytale

Banned
Fool's errand, yours? Naaaah
Wanna see true fools in an errand ?
Here:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTG-pCDvVVY

;)

But I think you actually deserve to wear our anti- space madness special gear, though.
fREBn9A.jpg

Last edited:
Did you log off/in ? Jump out/in ?
Did you ask somebody else to try ? PC/Console? Bug report ? Did you hear siren's songs ? Did you taste Ol' Pa's pure malt ? Doc's Maria ? Macros the Black's potions ? Han_Zen's chinese mushrooms? ....
Could be a new thing !
Optimistic much ?

I logged out/in - still the same behavior. Didn't try anything else, since it was late and I just wanted to get out from being masslocked :)
PC.

It's HD 115157, body 12 - the one with the huge invisible ring outside all the orbiting bodies - if anybody is in the area.
It's only 1,700 LY from the Bubble.

Interesting take. Perhaps I've been in-galaxy too short a time (2 months now) to have grown properly cynical, like some others around here.

Here's my 2 cents. The storyline doesn't exist for nothing, maybe that's naive, but I imagine there's a point to it. The fact that previous plots didn't pan out to be as spectacular as others wish doesn't make participation in the greater storyline of a beautiful universe any less worthwhile to me. Perhaps the Halsey storyline never progressed because the players missed the next step, and the Romero line is another crack at the same puzzle. It would seem to cheapen the universe if a "missed" story element were simply handed out after some time to force universe progression - I rather like the concept that Cmdrs were given a couple years to crack it, then when we didn't, we get another shot at it from another angle. It seems, you know, organic. Less "gamey".

Also, looking solely for a comms return for a "Cmdr Gan Romero" would indeed be silly. But looking for his wreck site, or the secret facility he may have been heading to, or evidence of his passing through a system, or any number of other breadcrumbs seems a lot less so.

In any case, being in a full-scale MW is so intellectually stimulating that searching for Romero is, for me, more or less an excuse to fly around for 25,000Ly with some level of purpose - even if it is a fool's errand.

I guess I'm the fool then. A fool who really likes his Krait.

Q
I think the dbx, if scanned, would not be in the name Gan Romero but carry the name of the real owner Commander Bjorn Lennox.

I used to be CoR. Then I realized that they were more concerned about Salomé... I left as the pull of Raxxla was stronger than the pull of Tionisla.
I spent a brief time in CoR as well but eventually recused myself when I started the Earth Expeditionary Fleet as the exploration wing of the Earth Defense Fleet. EEF never really caught on ... though we do still have that eyesore of a system out in Colonia thanks to Frontier reneging on the system name of our choice after initially giving it a "yes".

CoR was (is?) a great group of people interested in the lore of Elite.

Think Zenith used to be a member and used to appear in alien architecture and FRift threads, but his signature says he’s left the forums permanently.

Top Bottom