COMPLETED CG Sagittarius Eye Appeal (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Tried two runs with that crowd just now, survived both.
But its a game of jumping into the system, jumping away, jumping back into the system, jumping away again, hoping the instancing god give us a break.
I would even drop a few tantalum if they wanted some piracy... but it's just kill on sight.
Switching to Mobius for this one...

Love the description for this. Basically:

"The work experience kid has found a nice asteroid and we've let them loose putting the explosives in place, then Gaz and Barry are down the DIY store getting shovels to finish the job. You all get all the metal and Bill's going to duct tape it all in place. One station, quick and easy".

Of course I'm going to support this.

My source station gave some pretty nice scenery,

but more important - a message that I don't remember seeing it until now*

* Yea, I scanned every ship and every wake while doing the CG - I kinda like to pursue more than one goal at a time

Last edited:
This has been the most uneventful event I've ever flown, all of two attempted interdictions in around 6000T of trips @ 224T/haul. Sleepy time. However, and this is a little odd but so sad for the pirates, I have had three wannabe thieves drop into realspace within 3km of the station (how do they do that?!?) and threaten me with bodily harm -- I just chuckled and cruised on in to unload. A few NPCs have been very rude about the mail slot though, one of which jammed me up for a short (but panicky) time -- I thought FDev had fixed that?

Also it looks as though I may get my Trading Elite badge with this CG -- two in one week, I'm seeing stars!
EDIT: Nope, just made Tycoon, I forgot about that rank. Trade is not my best suit, so it;s lagging the other two. Maybe some core mining trips will help, once the CG is ended.

Last edited:
This has been the most uneventful event I've ever flown, all of two attempted interdictions in around 6000T of trips @ 224T/haul. Sleepy time. However, and this is a little odd but so sad for the pirates, I have had three wannabe thieves drop into realspace within 3km of the station (how do they do that?!?) and threaten me with bodily harm -- I just chuckled and cruised on in to unload. A few NPCs have been very rude about the mail slot though, one of which jammed me up for a short (but panicky) time -- I thought FDev had fixed that?

Also it looks as though I may get my Trading Elite badge with this CG -- two in one week, I'm seeing stars!
I have had 3 NPCs attempt to interdict me this session with varying success, the one in the Cobra 3 failed but the one in the Asp X managed to pull me out 3 times he left each time when system security arrived while my fighter pilot was keeping him busy last saw him while I was docking he arrived just after I did but left rapidly. The last one was in a Python that I almost broke the interdiction from again the fighter distracted him long enough for help to arrive but he wasn't as smart as the Asp pilot and left his escape attempt too late leaving me and my weaponless T9 over 100k richer.

Still not seen a single pirate on the rear of the cutter...
The target of 9mill units needed for tier 5 has been reached...

Well, i did this CG as a 3-leg trip.
My source station was/is Underwood Dock. Since it has a faction in Outbreak, i stacked a lot of supply missions, including wing ones.
So, McMullen Ring (Sell Tantalum) - Ali Ring (pick up Meds for missions) - Underwood Dock (deliver meds / pick up Tantalum)

Not exactly efficient, but a lot of ships to scan, lots of wakes and a decent number of interdictions - mostly from deadly/elite Anacondas.

... I have had three wannabe thieves drop into realspace within 3km of the station (how do they do that?!?) ...

I think they might be using the SuperCruise Assist :)

Last edited:
Believe it or not, in over a year playing the game (on and off) this is the first time I've contributed to a CG campaign, so wondered if you could indulge me a couple of newb(ish) questions about the process.

First of all, when I click on the link from the ED launcher window, it goes to a dead page, no information about the current CG at all. Managed to glean a bit of information from one of the unofficial sites, including reward levels. So how do I find out how the CG is going, in terms of volume of (in this case) minerals delivered and the amount still outstanding? I managed to haul in just over 1200 units yesterday evening and will try to get more done today.

Staying strictly in Solo for this though even so still had a couple of AI interdictions, one right at the star which was a PITA - managed to evade but only via an emergency stop which cost me 65k in heat repairs. A small chunk of the profit I made though. :)

So how do I find out how the CG is going, in terms of volume of (in this case) minerals delivered and the amount still outstanding? I managed to haul in just over 1200 units yesterday evening and will try to get more done today.
Actual tonnage outstanding is not visible in-game. But you can get the information about how much has been delivered, what tier the CG is at, and how many people have contributed via the in-game displays. The left-panel "Transactions" tab has a CG mission entry you can click on for more information, and then station "Missions" menu also has a CG entry you can open for more information.

Actual tonnage outstanding is not visible in-game. But you can get the information about how much has been delivered, what tier the CG is at, and how many people have contributed via the in-game displays. The left-panel "Transactions" tab has a CG mission entry you can click on for more information, and then station "Missions" menu also has a CG entry you can open for more information.
Roger that, CMDR!

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
First of all, when I click on the link from the ED launcher window, it goes to a dead page, no information about the current CG at all. Managed to glean a bit of information from one of the unofficial sites, including reward levels. So how do I find out how the CG is going, in terms of volume of (in this case) minerals delivered and the amount still outstanding? I managed to haul in just over 1200 units yesterday evening and will try to get more done today.
I'll pass that on about the link in the Launcher - pretty sure it should go to a valid page but they have been known to go wrong ...

This section of the forums will always contain information about active CGs though - if you "watch" the forum you should be notified of any new posts for new CGs (currently they start at 15:00 UTC on Thursdays when they are running). Progress, tier levels & rewards, number of contributors etc. is updated periodically on the first post of these threads :)

In terms of progress towards the final total, the best we have on the web currently can be found at the Elite Dangerous Community Goals page

Edit: Should have started with this but welcome to CGs :)

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Apparently tier 5 has been reached - anyone got a screenshot showing the current stats & rewards they could share please?

Up and running... Unfortunately slight check in that last nights deliveries didn't count, as I failed to realise you had to sign up specifically to the CG. Got that sorted and 880 units already dragged from Spango this afternoon with a third en route, before real life intervened.

Finally feels like I'm doing something worthwhile with my expensive T10, it's a shame this type of CG doesn't run more often.

To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Cobalt, Titanium and Tantalum to McMullen Ring in the Millese system.

Spent for days now delivering to the station with over 5000 tons, only to find out that you need to sign up... funny thing is I have not found any place in game that shows a sign up option. Very unclear and totally brassed off and the last time I try to participate in these events.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom