E3 - 2019

Hello to all!
you know, I don’t set myself the goal to offend with this message any particularly sensitive nature, I also don’t set a goal to kindle a conflict here, I want to figure out why frontier developments keep deathly silence regarding the future elite dangerous.
and, I admit, I am disappointed that fd continues to remain silent, even at an event like E3. thinking, I came to such conclusions, which in my opinion seem very likely.
1, perhaps, fd just started developing a “new era” and they themselves do not yet understand what will be there and what is not “I know, I know, this is refuted by that leak a couple of months ago” and yet, in this case, the frontier was not honest with the community earlier when, for example, in 2016 David said that the company was already working on things like space legs and atmosphere. after all, 3 years have passed since then, and we never saw anything that these words could confirm.
2- Also, perhaps, the frontier does not want to say anything, because the horizons / beyond still generate income.
or they just really like to starve their community with information hunger.
3- I also think that it is possible that the frontier do not see from the community that he needs this announcement of the new era, because the community is passive and does not ask them for news.
I repeat, I do not wish to offend anyone with what I wrote, however, I urge you all, who will read this message, leave a comment here, and really hope that someone from the fd staff will still decide to comment on this problem, because there really is a problem, and the longer it’s harder to keep silent about it as a community so on fd.
"live long and prosper!" \\ // _

The roadmap leak seems pretty solid. If it is, FD is busy. Mad busy. If the leak is similar to what they actually produce, 2020 is going to be a very big year for FD and ED.
Yup - we know the roadmap for what's in 2020, more interested in what The Enclave is going to be next month really ...

The roadmap leak seems pretty solid. If it is, FD is busy. Mad busy. If the leak is similar to what they actually produce, 2020 is going to be a very big year for FD and ED.
Yes, The roadmap leak looks very interesting, but I don’t understand why they fail at exhibitions with similar announcements.
as if the marketing department, under the fear of doom and punishment, forbids everyone else, at least to mention the "new era", if so, it turns out that the marketing department simply simply sabotages the entire work of the company.

You're over thinking this. They're busy. Only so many pieces on the board. Only so much time in a day.
too much for what? 10-15 minute video about how is the work on the creation of a "new era"?
I'm afraid to imagine the speed with which they work.
Source: https://youtu.be/bY73vFGhSVk?t=31

ok ok i don't wanna slide into toxicity. but something needs to be done about it.

Last edited:
Its a year away. They started teasing Horizons 6 or so months before, did early sneak views. Roadmap was before that if I remember. The long delaybetween building up the hype train and release caused nashing of teeth. I think they are trying to avoid that again. More recent released have had a much shorter release cycle.

Its a year away. They started teasing Horizons 6 or so months before, did early sneak views. Roadmap was before that if I remember. The long delaybetween building up the hype train and release caused nashing of teeth. I think they are trying to avoid that again. More recent released have had a much shorter release cycle.
teeth? I don’t know of course, but, in my opinion, the only thing to which their announcement may lead is a large-scale wave of discussion. Well, informational hunger can only lead to the extinction of interest. if, of course, this is not what they want, then I completely do not understand their motives.

DDastardly00

D
Very likely that we won't hear anything until they have something to actually show. Sure they could give us snippets about little details, but it's too early to try and build hype for something that far off. I know most of this community wishes it weren't so, but Elite kind of 'is what is it is' at this point.

I would love to see ES6 and Starfield at this year's E3, but Bethseda already announced that these games will not be at E3 this year, which is likely because both are too far out.

teeth? I don’t know of course, but, in my opinion, the only thing to which their announcement may lead is a large-scale wave of discussion. Well, informational hunger can only lead to the extinction of interest. if, of course, this is not what they want, then I completely do not understand their motives.
so this is not correct. it turns out that they don’t care about their own community.

Very likely that we won't hear anything until they have something to actually show. Sure they could give us snippets about little details, but it's too early to try and build hype for something that far off. I know most of this community wishes it weren't so, but Elite kind of 'is what is it is' at this point.

I would love to see ES6 and Starfield at this year's E3, but Bethseda already announced that these games will not be at E3 this year, which is likely because both are too far out.
so excuse me, they themselves said that they had been working for a long time, if they had nothing to show at the same time, it means that they were at least not completely frank.
when there is a "new era" went into full production? August 2018? Look, almost a year has passed since then, and they still have nothing to show?

“We’re working on lots of stuff but don’t have anything to show you today, thanks for turning up!” lacks a certain something.

As others have said, it’s too early - plenty of stuff can change between now and 2020, and they don’t want to be seen to be making promises they may not be able to keep.

DDastardly00

D
so excuse me, they themselves said that they had been working for a long time, if they had nothing to show at the same time, it means that they were at least not completely frank.
when there is a "new era" went into full production? August 2018? Look, almost a year has passed since then, and they still have nothing to show?

I'm not sure when they begin working on this, I don't think anyone is.

“We’re working on lots of stuff but don’t have anything to show you today, thanks for turning up!” lacks a certain something.

As others have said, it’s too early - plenty of stuff can change between now and 2020, and they don’t want to be seen to be making promises they may not be able to keep.
I say nothing about promises. say "I promise it will be like this" and "see what I do and what came of it, although the release can still change" are two very big differences.

too much for what? 10-15 minute video about how is the work on the creation of a "new era"?
I'm afraid to imagine the speed with which they work.
Source: https://youtu.be/bY73vFGhSVk?t=31

ok ok i don't wanna slide into toxicity. but something needs to be done about it.
Something needs to be done?

you've done it. You've complained on the forum.

Well done.

Incidentally, Frontier apparently are KILLING IT with their Zoo game reveal at ... E3.

Top Bottom