E3 - 2019

You can come to all the conclusions you want, but it doesn't actually mean anything.
it means a lot to me first; does the rest matter to me? Well, if you say that my opinion and conclusions are not important, well, I guess it makes no sense for me to consider anything else as important. or eat what you think?

well, let me know, is there any line after which you stop repeating "they will tell you how they will be ready"?
Not sure what you're asking here. You're wanting details about software that largely doesn't exist yet. In other words you want Frontier to effectively make promises they may not be able to keep. I'd rather they didn't.

And you re-read the March message of the FD, the release is planned for the second half of 2020, and so, the second half of 2019 has already come. year left
You're aware that 'the second half' of any particular year spans six months, right? It doesn't mean 'July 1st'.

Dave Braben is a scientist. Scientists follow a research and test x3 mantra. Despite all the salt about the Holy Elite being buggy, FDev don't want to release what we all know is coming without it being tested and working, at least to the degree it is engaging for the community and able to be tweaked quickly where they missed stuff.

It'll be 2020 and it'll be awesome.

Not sure what you're asking here. You're wanting details about software that largely doesn't exist yet. In other words you want Frontier to effectively make promises they may not be able to keep. I'd rather they didn't.
hmm, evasiveness of your answer, only confirms my words that you will repeat "they will tell you how they will be ready" in 2020, and in 2021 and in 2121 (if you live), thank you. as I said, I do not ask me to promise anything, but to hear "we are working on it, and this is what we did / didn’t" yes, I would love to. why? because I'm not indifferent to the fate of the elite

Frontier handle game development and community engagement the way they do because US, WE the community have literally bitten the hand that feeds us.

Frontier tried to engage with the community over Elite Dangerous and found all that we did was overload them everything but the response they wanted. I am just as guilty in this as all of you. We don't sit here and act like excited children on Christmas Day morning, no, we act like spoiled entitled brats. All we do is complain about something, and if we can't find something to complain about, we make something up. The moment Frontier do release info, all we do is throw it back in their faces shouting "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" So really, how do you expect Frontier to react?

They have found that the Planet Coaster, and Jurassic World communities are not as toxic as the Elite community is, so if you are wondering why Frontier don't tell us anything, it's our fault, not theirs. Sadly I can't see the Elite community ever changing for the better.

Last edited:
hmm, evasiveness of your answer, only confirms my words that you will repeat "they will tell you how they will be ready" in 2020, and in 2021 and in 2121 (if you live), thank you. as I said, I do not ask me to promise anything, but to hear "we are working on it, and this is what we did / didn’t" yes, I would love to. why? because I'm not indifferent to the fate of the elite
Hate to break it to you but (a) sticking to my opinions is not "being evasive", and (b) they don't care about whether or not you approve of their marketing release schedule.

Frontier handle game development and community engagement the way they do because US, WE the community have literally bitten the hand that feeds us.

Frontier tried to engage with the community over Elite Dangerous and found all that we did was overload them everything but the response they wanted. I am just as guilty in this as all of you. We don't sit here and act like excited children on Christmas Day morning, no, we act like spoiled entitled brats. All we do is complain about something, and if we can't find something to complain about, we make something up. The moment Frontier do realise info, all we do is throw it back in their faces shouting "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" So really, how do you expect Frontier to react?

They have found that the Planet Coaster, and Jurassic World communities are not as toxic as the Elite community is, so if you are wondering why Frontier don't tell us anything, it's our fault, not theirs. Sadly I can't see the Elite community ever changing for the better.
Yes, this is called worrying for the future, probably, the jwe or pc communities simply do not care why they are silent?

Yes, this is called worrying for the future, probably, the jwe or pc communities simply do not care why they are silent?
They're silent because (a) they're focused on Planet Zoo currently and (b) they have nothing concrete to tell us yet. And when they do reveal details they'll do it on their terms, not ours.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? You're asking for details about a software release that's at least 12 months away, and my be 18 months. Have some patience.

Or not, it's your blood pressure.

Hate to break it to you but (a) sticking to my opinions is not "being evasive", and (b) they don't care about whether or not you approve of their marketing release schedule.
so you did not hurt me :) I asked the question, "will that moment come when you (personally you) stop repeating," will tell you how you will be ready "? and when can this moment come? given the condition, of course, that they can learn so that the FD will not be ready to talk about the “new era” neither in 2019, nor in 2020, nor in 2022.

so you did not hurt me :) I asked the question, "will that moment come when you (personally you) stop repeating," will tell you how you will be ready "? and when can this moment come? given the condition, of course, that they can learn so that the FD will not be ready to talk about the “new era” neither in 2019, nor in 2020, nor in 2022.
So according to you, because they're not willing to talk about it now, that somehow means it's going to be delayed for at least two years? That's some interesting 'logic' there.

They're silent because (a) they're focused on Planet Zoo currently and (b) they have nothing concrete to tell us yet. And when they do reveal details they'll do it on their terms, not ours.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? You're asking for details about a software release that's at least 12 months away, and my be 18 months. Have some patience.

Or not, it's your blood pressure.

Well, in fact, it means that they do not care about the wishes of the community. it's just not difficult to understand. although, as I said, and even threw the link, they said "we are working" back in 2016, please read the link that I threw earlier.

My point was that Frontier treat the Planet Coaster, Jurassic World and now, Planet Zoo communities differently to the Elite community because of how we, the Elite community reacts, but they are also more engaging with those game's communities than the Elite community, again, all down to how the Elite community reacts.

If you were to go all the way back to how this started, yes Frontier were silent on game development back then as well. Michael Brooks once told me regarding The Outsider "We'll announce something when we have something to announce". I was absolutely stunned when the Elite Dangerous kickstarter happened and Frontier were engaging with us to an extent they had never done before, and I don't think they were ready for what would happen. That doesn't excuse them though, but them behaving the way they do now also doesn't excuse us either. Both Frontier and the Elite community are to blame.

Top Bottom