E3 - 2019

So according to you, because they're not willing to talk about it now, that somehow means it's going to be delayed for at least two years? That's some interesting 'logic' there.

I’m not asking about them now, I want to know personally about you, if they don’t say anything either by 2021 or by 2022, will you continue to "tell you how they can" or not? Believe me, I do not ask you for a lengthy article as an answer, I am interested in the short word "yes" or "no"

Nonsense. It does mean that they're not going to submit to every demand for information, especially from bits of the community that have a vastly elevated level of self-importance.
Well ... yes, this is a matter of perspective. Someone considers himself important enough to know the truth, someone is the opposite, he considers himself too insignificant for receiving attention at all. perspective :)

I’m not asking about them now, I want to know personally about you, if they don’t say anything either by 2021 or by 2022, will you continue to "tell you how they can" or not? Believe me, I do not ask you for a lengthy article as an answer, I am interested in the short word "yes" or "no"
The current release area is second half of 2020. Hence, any time up to December 31st 2020.

If they haven't said anything by end of March 2020 then I will suspect that something's up. Which doesn't mean I'd be right, just that I'd start to get a bad feeling.

Last edited:
Well ... yes, this is a matter of perspective. Someone considers himself important enough to know the truth, someone is the opposite, he considers himself too insignificant for receiving attention at all. perspective :)
You get to demand information from them when you are a major shareholder or on the board of directors.

If you bought the game from Steam or off the shelf at Tesco then, I hate to tell you this, they don't owe you anything. They certainly don't need to treat you like Charlie Bucket with a Golden Ticket.

Well, I am glad that this topic has received at least some response, as well, I thank you all for your answers.
keep writing please
As for me, I apologize to fd for everything I ever wrote, I thought that the problem was in you, I was wrong, but after reading and analyzing the answers, I came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the community itself and not in you, I have it seems that some of them want to get information on the new era, but it’s as if afraid to talk about it directly, the rest, as if they don’t want to know anything about the “new era”.

It's interesting that you started off blaming FD, but now have progressed on to blaming the community.

I wonder when you'll turn your sharply analytical mind to focus on yourself? ;)

Not sure what all the fuss is about FD have consistently refused to speak of the future. The only difference is the future has been leaked and we know they have 'planned' to release legs, house building and some automated SRV's which would suggest your crew will be able to take a SRV for a spin.

That said, it will not change the way FD communicate. I've been here a long time and not once has FD communicated with the community until the last cut of beta code is finished.

The current release area is second half of 2020. Hence, any time up to December 31st 2020.

If they haven't said anything by end of March 2020 then I will suspect that something's up. Which doesn't mean I'd be right, just that I'd start to get a bad feeling.
Well, see, it was not at all difficult, I will say the same. if the fd make an announcement before the end of this year, I will create a post in which I acknowledge that I was wrong and apologize.
why? because you need to be able to admit your mistakes :)

My point was that Frontier treat the Planet Coaster, Jurassic World and now, Planet Zoo communities differently to the Elite community because of how we, the Elite community reacts, but they are also more engaging with those game's communities than the Elite community, again, all down to how the Elite community reacts.

If you were to go all the way back to how this started, yes Frontier were silent on game development back then as well. Michael Brooks once told me regarding The Outsider "We'll announce something when we have something to announce". I was absolutely stunned when the Elite Dangerous kickstarter happened and Frontier were engaging with us to an extent they had never done before, and I don't think they were ready for what would happen. That doesn't excuse them though, but them behaving the way they do now also doesn't excuse us either. Both Frontier and the Elite community are to blame.

I was not here when that happened but if community reacted badly to some content or feedback probably it was because they were heading to the wrong direction? They should have listened to the community rather then shutting the door and proceeding anyway. I know many people in this community is disappointed because Horizons took too much time to deliver its contents and these contents were not so interesting to many. On the other side a lot of people was hyped for legs, atmospheric planets and deeper gameloops which have been not considered at all in the last 3 years (more than half of the game life). To me it's obvious the FDEV with Horizons did not listen to the community and proceeded on their train. That's not a positive attitude, considering that Horizons was only the first season... The first example was not so brilliant, that's why some people don't trust them or is just pessimistic towards whatever they say or do.

Last edited:
I was not here when that happened but if community reacted badly to some content or feedback probably it was because they were heading to the wrong direction? They should have listened to the community rather then shutting the door and proceeding anyway.
Very occasionally this is the right thing to do. Mostly it isn't - which part of the community do you listen to? Who's to say what is or isn't a 'wrong direction'?

Very occasionally this is the right thing to do. Mostly it isn't - which part of the community do you listen to? Who's to say what is or isn't a 'wrong direction'?
In this specific case people were asking for things promised during the kick starter, so compatible to the original vision of the game and not something else.
FDEV changed direction working on something else that no one asked or expected. They tried something different and the feedback was not positive. That is an important sign that you can't ignore.
In this case, and only in this case, the solution would have been easy: I would have make one step back and return on the original plan.

Last edited:
CQC, Powerplay, Engineers, Multicrew skeleton, etc.

Blaming the current tone of the community solely on the players isn't honest either.
Engineers I think they've got just about right (mats availability notwithstanding).

The others? Yeah...not great.

Top Bottom