Did you hit Persephone (goddess of the Underworld) yet?
There's a system (contains nothing but an ELW), a station (in Avalon system) and a landable body in Sol system (which only got added to the game around v2.4). You might get some joy from the FSS and DSS.

Edit:
Also Osiris and Anubis might be worth a look-see.

Actually I am en route to Avalaon as I have been suspecting this system ever since starting to participate in this thread. Persephone in Sol is also well known to me iirc there is an installation where I had some fun and afterwards found out the nearest interstellar factor ist at Ross 154. I'll be visiting Persephone (System) after my visit to Avalon.

Now what I'd really appreciate ist if someone on PC might go and check Fort Dixon with the FSS to hear whether I was just hearing some mumbo jumbo or whether there actually is a hidden message.

Last edited:
Actually I am en route to Avalaon as I have been suspecting ever since starting to participate in this thread. Persephone in Sol is also well known to me iirc there is an installation where I had some fun and afterwards found out the nearest interstellar factor ist at Ross 154. I'll be visiting Persephone (System) after my visit to Avalon.

Now what I'd really appreciate ist if someone on PC might go and check Fort Dixon with the FSS to hear whether I was just hearing some mumbo jumbo or whether there actually is a hidden message.

I'm out in the Centauri constellation recording HDs and HIPs - only a few hundred to go - so I can't help you out with Fort Dixon.
When you hit Persephone system, could you check the local news thing to see if my Galnet submission is still visible? Iit's 2 years old now, so I doubt it'll be there.

I'm out in the Centauri constellation recording HDs and HIPs - only a few hundred to go - so I can't help you out with Fort Dixon.
When you hit Persephone system, could you check the local news thing to see if my Galnet submission is still visible? Iit's 2 years old now, so I doubt it'll be there.

I will gladly do that, but it might take till the weekend till I go there as my household directorate (a.k.a. wife) tends to cut gametime short during the week. If you see me writing something about Persephone (System) a little reminder would be alright...

Well, frak me. I did not expect this.
bmdaMc8.png

And just for reference:
BSEySKn.png

Last edited:
bmdaMc8.png

And just for reference:
BSEySKn.png
Tourist Beacons count as Human signal sources. I think that accounts for this throughout the galaxy. I noticed this at the memorial for the CMDR that was on the DW2 route. I probed the planet and got a "Human (1)" response.

Aren't there two tourist beacons at Shinny Dee?

Last edited:
Tourist Beacons count as Human signal sources. I think that accounts for this throughout the galaxy. I noticed this at the memorial for the CMDR that was on the DW2 route. I probed the planet and got a "Human (1)" response.

Aren't there two tourist beacons at Shinny Dee?

I count 7.

I count 7.
Hmmmm....that is odd, then. My experience has always been that on non-landable planets, any signals always corresponded to tourist beacons...but I never paid attention to see if the number of signals matched the number of beacons. Could be a coding thing where only beacons in a certain date range cause a ping when probing? And some tourist beacons were added outside that date range?

bmdaMc8.png

And just for reference:
BSEySKn.png
Without being there it's hard to tell exactly what's what, but everything will be accounted for normally.

Locations shows both orbital and surface locations.

Human includes:
  • Combat Zones
  • Stations
  • Bases
  • Installations
  • Megaships
  • Tourist Beacons*
  • Crash Sites*
Other includes:
  • Listening Posts
  • UCBs*
  • Engineer bases*
  • Some secret bases (according to some reports)
  • Possibly some crash sites
* is going of memory, is subject to things having changed in updates/patches and not every example necessarily being marked the same way.

RESs don't show up IIRC.

Then there's Guardian and Thargoid signals, though sometimes things are oddly allocated - almost more by 'plot / storyline' than what the actual signal source is.

Plus there's obviously a chance of bugs misallocation in signal type. For example Site 42 is human, tied with the Thargoid side of things, but shows up as GUaridan (or at least did - it might have been fixed.

From the screenshot, there's 11 notable signals - that'll be CZs, LPs, Tourist Beacons, etc.

Anyway... if you do a shot of the navpanel for the bodies in question, it should be possible to identify what all the signals correspond to.

It should be:

Founders World: (2 human)
  • Jameson Memorial
  • A tourist beacon or CZ (just guessing this one)
A1: 5(human, 1 other)
  • Jameson Base
  • Wandrei Base
  • Nixon Enterprise
  • Burke Beacon
  • Wolfe Reach
  • Pilots Federation Origin Tourist Spot 0244
I would have thought that it was Jameson Base which was the 'Other', but maybe it was changed in the last update so that Engineer bases show as Human.

Last edited:
Good work. We have several things pointing loosely to Sirius at the moment. Among them the Egyptian Isis/Osiris/Horus connection to Alien World.

If you search in this thread, you wil see a few other possible pointer.

There is an actual scientific paper from 1994, that lists stable orbits for a potential Sirius C.
I’ll pot the link, when I get of the phone.

Edit: don’t put to much into the system names. There is hardly an ancient deity without a star system in ED. ;)

Ok well... I think I know where some of the tinfoil ideas in the codex about Raxxla are coming from....

Our story starts with an ethnography of the Dogon tribe in Africa by a fellow named Marcel Griaule. He wrote among other things a paper about Dogon and Sirius (stretch those french muscles). Which apparently caught the fancy of Robert Temple who wrote The Sirius Mystery. Temples.. 'book'? strings together alot of themes and is some first class tinfoil... Alot of which focuses on the Dogons astronomical knowledge especially about Sirius B. Im thinking TriCora needs another look..

Anyway...the story has spiraling stars

and Familiar logos

not to mention world eggs and omphaloi...

Ya if this is what the dark wheel is working with ... Im a little worried
A childrens story

Last edited:
Top Bottom