Undiscovered stations out there?

Hello fellow CMDRs,

I am out exploring since a while and was wondering if there are any undiscovered stations or planetary sites out there in the galaxy which are unknown?
I am aware of the 17 inhabited systems with approx. 20 ports between the Bubble and the colonia region and the station close to Sagittarius A*, but is there a chance to find some other stations out there, somewhere?
How big are the chances that one day we will find another station which is still unknown and has not been found so far.
Did FDEV at all place some stations out there?

Fly explorative and have a nice day everyone.
Maatz

I think an explorer dying in deep space will find themselves teleported tot he nearest starport - which would kind of be a dead giveaway for finding a "hidden" one.

I think if there were any more out there, someone would have found them and posted about them by now.

I think an explorer dying in deep space will find themselves teleported tot he nearest starport - which would kind of be a dead giveaway for finding a "hidden" one.
Nearest?.. I thought in case of death last docked station used for respawn.

Star map also shows inhabited systems. I believe this is how Jaques was found after his jump, far faster than it was intended.

Star map also shows inhabited systems. I believe this is how Jaques was found after his jump, far faster than it was intended.

That does not rule out the possibility of old derelict stations being out there somewhere.

A few years ago I asked both DB and Michael Brooks about Dodecahedron stations. They both gave the same answer: Oh they are really old. I did get told something else, but that might constitute a breach of NDA to say more.

That does not rule out the possibility of old derelict stations being out there somewhere.

A few years ago I asked both DB and Michael Brooks about Dodecahedron stations. They both gave the same answer: Oh they are really old. I did get told something else, but that might constitute a breach of NDA to say more.
An NDA?

I am out exploring since a while and was wondering if there are any undiscovered stations or planetary sites out there in the galaxy which are unknown?
Lol, if they are undiscovered and unknown, how would we know until someone finds them?

But as stated above, unless FDev have gotten cleverer at hiding them they can be found via various tricks in the GalMap. Then again, Guardian and Thargoid locations aren't visible on the Galaxy map until after they've been discovered so maybe they have learned how to hide stuff better..

Unlikely, as they can be spotted from the galmap

Keep in mind two things, engineering bases that you haven't gained access to don't show on your system map, so they can set criteria that hide bases and other things from players, one possibly being that the station has to be discovered first by a player before it will reveal itself to players in the galmap. Second that the early Guardian bases only appeared to other players on the galmap once they had been discovered, so it is possible that there could be hidden undiscovered station and locations out there.

A long time ago, well I guess it was probably along time ago for new players, Jaques station jumped to it's current location by mistake, it was in theory "lost" and I believe they had a story line in place for discovering it, that got short circuited by some industrious player finding it using the galmap. Why do I think this was a mistake? Basically because the early players who rushed out found the station with the incorrect name designation, this was later fixed by FDEV, however it is an indication that they hadn't yet finished organising the discovery scenario. I expect they have taken note and won't make the mistake of revealing currently undiscovered structure and bases in the same way again.

It's quite possible that there are some undiscovered stations out there - the most obvious candidate is the Dark Wheel station mentioned in the codex. If you assume that the codex picture is actually of the station and that the other clues in the codex article are accurate, it must be in a red giant or supergiant system, of which there are plenty of undiscovered ones (especially red giants) ... but it's a slightly smaller search than "all undiscovered systems"

Since 2.3 station locations are stored server-side, which would make hiding them a lot easier, and systems can have stations in them without appearing as inhabited in the galmap. Not sure if there are any examples right now, but there have been in the past.

Basically because the early players who rushed out found the station with the incorrect name designation, this was later fixed by FDEV, however it is an indication that they hadn't yet finished organising the discovery scenario.
I think the name replacement was a key part of the discovery scenario - specifically, it stopped you just doing a search for "Jaques Station" in the galaxy map and being taken straight to the right system.

Top Bottom