A few quick questions

I just unlocked Petra Olmanova. What is the best mod from her and what special effect is best?

Also - what modules do and don't stack? For example hull reinforcements and shield reinforcements. Do they stack.

Also - what is the difference between armor and hulls. Are hulls stacked on top of armor? What mods are the best for both?

Thanks. I've been playing this game since the original version many years ago. Then I stopped and just now getting back into it.

I just unlocked Petra Olmanova. What is the best mod from her and what special effect is best?

Also - what modules do and don't stack? For example hull reinforcements and shield reinforcements. Do they stack.

Also - what is the difference between armor and hulls. Are hulls stacked on top of armor? What mods are the best for both?

Thanks. I've been playing this game since the original version many years ago. Then I stopped and just now getting back into it.
There is a Guardian shield reinforcement, module reinforcement and hull reinforcement that can be stacked in the same ship, but not more than one of each.

Shield boosters support your shields further, and there is also a non-Guardian hull reinforcement and module reinforcement package. I've not tried stacking those with Guardian reinforcers.

If you haven't already, take a look at INARA outfitting to see what is available, and coriolis.io to test out what works togethr and what doesn't.

Armor protects your hull, so it's like a kind of wrap-around, at least that's how I understand it.

Guardian stuff stacks. The only guardian module that doesn't is the fsd booster.

Correct. The guardian shield stuff is particularly fun with ships that have low shields of themselves. Go for bi-weave, stack guardian shields and use E-rated resistance augmented boosters. My Eagle has, for example, slightly more shields than an FDL with class-5 prismatics, and regenerates much faster. :p

Best mods for armour and hull reinforcements are heavy duty plus deep plating. Some cmdrs also add an additional smaller hull reinforcement with thermal mods to balance out the resistances across all 3 damage types.

Best mods for armour and hull reinforcements are heavy duty plus deep plating. Some cmdrs also add an additional smaller hull reinforcement with thermal mods to balance out the resistances across all 3 damage types.
Thanks - that makes sense.

There is no "best" mod' from any engineer.
The mod's you choose to pin will depend on what sort of ships you build and what mod's you often apply.

Figuring out what mod's to pin, from which engineer, is a fairly convoluted process if you make the effort to think it all through properly 'cos several engineers offer the same mod's and the trick is to pin the unique & useful ones first and then pin the others from the remaining engineers.
Obviously, it's best to pin blueprints for things that an engineer has level 4 or 5 in.

Personally, I use both Heavy-Duty and Light-Weight armor mod's so I pinned HD from Petra Olmanova and LW from Selene Jean.

HRPs, MRPs, Shield Boosters and Guardian Shield Boosters all stack.
The best way to learn about how it all works is to have a play around with a website such as Coriolis.io.

"Hulls" and "Armor" are just different names for the same thing - presumably the superstructure of your ship.

Top Bottom