Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Galnet:
“Along with the assassination of presidential candidate Fazia Silva, Yamamoto arranged to murder, injure and intimidate many others to facilitate Kincaid’s rise to power.”

“The admiral coordinated his efforts with a number of influential corporate, military and political figures, who allied themselves with Kincaid in exchange for certain advantages. This included a Bank of Zaonce senior director, who illegally redirected funds to bankroll Kincaid’s re-election campaign.”

So has a member of The Club been exposed?

I also hate to derail the thread (again), but...
Has anyone ever encountered a thargoid out in the California or Witch Head nebulas? There's barnacles all over the place there, but not a goid in sight.

Has anyone ever encountered a thargoid out in the California or Witch Head nebulas? There's barnacles all over the place there, but not a goid in sight.
Nup. Though bear in mind, barnacles were in the Pleiades for a fair while before Goids showed up at them too.

Nup. Though bear in mind, barnacles were in the Pleiades for a fair while before Goids showed up at them too.
Hmmmm...

So were the Sensors, and I haven't seen any of those either. Hell, there's NO NHSS in the California or witch head nebulas either (as far as I can tell).
Maybe this "seeding" process is still ongoing, 'cause the goids will leave an area alone for quite awhile before bothering with it. That being said, however, I'm surprised that they have had no negative reaction (again, as far as I can tell) to the Alliance poking around their barnacles.

@Ecthelion pointed out Site 94 to me - https://canonn.science/codex/site-94/. First we need to find a (dormant) surface site in one of those nebulae. Seems our presence at the site would trigger the alarm / signal / song / etc and call Thargoids down to it, and this may be what already happened in the Pleiades

@Ecthelion pointed out Site 94 to me - https://canonn.science/codex/site-94/. First we need to find a (dormant) surface site in one of those nebulae. Seems our presence at the site would trigger the alarm / signal / song / etc and call Thargoids down to it, and this may be what already happened in the Pleiades
Huh. I always thought that that "temple" was actually a buried guardian structure, and that the "beacon" was just defunct guardian tech, and the thargoids just homed-in on the signal. Figured that it would be quite odd for a guardian anything to be this far from their "bubble", but hey, so is that other cluster of sites thousands of light years away. But, of course, I could be wrong. Always a possibility.

Huh. I always thought that that "temple" was actually a buried guardian structure, and that the "beacon" was just defunct guardian tech, and the thargoids just homed-in on the signal. Figured that it would be quite odd for a guardian anything to be this far from their "bubble", but hey, so is that other cluster of sites thousands of light years away. But, of course, I could be wrong. Always a possibility.

Yes indeed there's no certainty of anything. In typical fashion, we haven't been provided with any definitive information. However, we have other examples of Thargoid surface sites emitting signals, such as reported in the Communications Hub Zeta logs https://canonn.science/codex/communication-hub-zeta-12/
Personally, I believe these descriptions are all one and the same - also the probes carried by Jaques Station 'singing' before the misjump... all the same Tharg communication method calling others, in my opinion. And the possibility that the Club could use the signal to manipulate the Thargoids for their own purposes

Last edited:
Yes indeed there's no certainty of anything. In typical fashion, we haven't been provided with any definitive information. However, we have other examples of Thargoid surface sites emitting signals, such as reported in the Communications Hub Zeta logs https://canonn.science/codex/communication-hub-zeta-12/
Personally, I believe these descriptions are all one and the same - also the probes carried by Jaques Station 'singing' before the misjump... all the same Tharg communication method calling others, in my opinion. And the possibility that the Club could use the signal to manipulate the Thargoids for their own purposes

Indeed, we have lots of questions but no answers. I remember a CG a little while ago to fund research into extraterrestrial communication devices, which I thought was successful. Perhaps eventually we’ll be able to ask Thargoids directly! 🧐

Indeed, we have lots of questions but no answers. I remember a CG a little while ago to fund research into extraterrestrial communication devices, which I thought was successful. Perhaps eventually we’ll be able to ask Thargoids directly! 🧐

Hmmm I'd forgotten about that. This one right? I guess it was a player-driven one
, Cobra Wing? https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5b476cb1d87e0e4e0d665287

If anything ever comes of it, I'll have my synths ready :D https://media1.giphy.com/media/C90BDXBF7DLH2/giphy.gif

Lol it's as valid a protocol as any other 😂https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/840526/original/

Re that group, was just a guess but now I'm sure ;)https://inara.cz/wing/163/

It’s interesting though that the CG was approved, since FD are selective about CG submissions and check them against the storylines. So perhaps (I live in hope 🤩) at some stage we will be able to communicate with goids to find out why: UA point to Merope, UP point to Merope 5c, there are no goid appearances in other nebulae where barnacles are to be found, and what scavengers are really doing in the sites/motherships.....
Probably through galnet announcements

Edit: though on second thoughts could be it doesn’t clash with the FD storyline & we’ll never get to communicate with goids!

Last edited:
I was just in Pleiades Sector OI-S B4-0 which has no planets (that I can see) and yet had 27 NHSS, why are they there?

It’s interesting though that the CG was approved, since FD are selective about CG submissions and check them against the storylines. So perhaps (I live in hope 🤩) at some stage we will be able to communicate with goids to find out why: UA point to Merope, UP point to Merope 5c, there are no goid appearances in other nebulae where barnacles are to be found, and what scavengers are really doing in the sites/motherships.....
Probably through galnet announcements

Edit: though on second thoughts could be it doesn’t clash with the FD storyline & we’ll never get to communicate with goids!
The Guardians communicated with some Thargoids (maybe not ours) so it is possible that given the propensity for adopting/adapting Guardian "stuff" this might be part of a future unlock storyline/event.

I was just in Pleiades Sector OI-S B4-0 which has no planets (that I can see) and yet had 27 NHSS, why are they there?

The Guardians communicated with some Thargoids (maybe not ours) so it is possible that given the propensity for adopting/adapting Guardian "stuff" this might be part of a future unlock storyline/event.

In FFE there was an interspecies translator, that let you do text communication with Thargoids. It was supposedly made by the Thargoid and given to some humans(possibly INRA), during the war in about 3150.
It was hidden and not used until the 3250s, when Meredith Argent / Mic Turner somehow got hold of it.

Hey ya'll, is this accurate?
Unknown Artefacts (UA) interact with the barnacle via a sort of tractor beam. The barnacle gives off visual and sound effects as any nearby debris slowly rises within the beam towards the UA, only to be dropped back onto the barnacle, having no obvious effect on anything in the end.
Found this on the wiki, but as far as I can tell, only the interceptors behave like that, not the Sensors. I've been messing around with TSs around barnacles for the past couple of days, and have yet to encounter anything like this.

Hey ya'll, is this accurate?

Found this on the wiki, but as far as I can tell, only the interceptors behave like that, not the Sensors. I've been messing around with TSs around barnacles for the past couple of days, and have yet to encounter anything like this.
Honestly, I wouldn't really trust anything in the wiki about this stuff. Wiki does have it's uses, not for Thargoids & speculation though.

As it is, that quote is completely wrong.

In FFE there was an interspecies translator, that let you do text communication with Thargoids. It was supposedly made by the Thargoid and given to some humans(possibly INRA), during the war in about 3150.
It was hidden and not used until the 3250s, when Meredith Argent / Mic Turner somehow got hold of it.

Ah, but I’ll bet it would rely on batteries that are only available from one source...
in Polaris 😀

Top Bottom