A reminder of a Fdev promise from 10/2017

I recently read about No Man's Sky fans renting a billboard outside the game dev's HQ to thank them. It made me wonder if there is billboard ad space for rent within sight of Frontier's HQ, and what would happen if I rented it to post a big sign that just read (in the same font as the "got milk?" ads that were so prevalent in the US for awhile)

"(for)Got Fleet Carriers?
We haven't."

Last edited:
Frontiers HQ is in the science park in Cambridge.
I regularly drive past it, and as far as I remember there are no billboards.
IMG_0151.JPG

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
We haven't."
Relevant recent CM quote:
Hello Commanders,

Wanted to jump in here and say that Fleet Carriers are not cancelled, and while we cannot give you more details on them at this time, they are still planned in our development roadmap. We do understand that waiting without much information can be frustrating, so as soon as we can give you more info, we will.

fortnight = two weeks, right?

Cool! Good to know they haven't forgotten. I really figured that, considering it's been nearly two years since they announced the feature but they have barely mentioned it and haven't posted an in-progress screenshot or concept art since then, that they'd just let carriers fall off the road map.

fingers crossed for 2020 or 2021!!

I recently read about No Man's Sky fans renting a billboard outside the game dev's HQ to thank them. It made me wonder if there is billboard ad space for rent within sight of Frontier's HQ, and what would happen if I rented it to post a big sign that just read (in the same font as the "got milk?" ads that were so prevalent in the US for awhile)

We haven't."
I can't wait to see what gameplay there is that will make Fleet Carriers a worthwhile and meaningful addition to the game...

We haven't."
You should do that. The advert font might mean nothing to us in UK, but no matter! I have no doubt it will inspire the developers to raise their game to your exacting standards!

Maybe you could add some other encouraging messages? "GET BACK TO WORK!" "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW? WHERE'S MY PANTHER??" and such.

In capitals. The warm glow of gentle appreciation won't work without capitalisation.

fortnight = two weeks, right?

Cool! Good to know they haven't forgotten. I really figured that, considering it's been nearly two years since they announced the feature but they have barely mentioned it and haven't posted an in-progress screenshot or concept art since then, that they'd just let carriers fall off the road map.

fingers crossed for 2020 or 2021!!

They said in december it is still coming. They said in februari it is still coming. They said two weeks ago it is still coming. I wouldn't call that 'barely mention it'. It isn't here yet. It will come later.

"waiting without much information is frustrating" to me, is worse then breaking deadlines. I dont mind FD breaking promises, as long as there is a actual visible public timeline. The fact that they acknowledge it's frustrating is... frustrating.
whereas other people complain bitterly when deadlines change (like ... the OP). No way fdev can win 🤷‍♂️

The question comes up in the chat of every livestream, every.single.livestream. And in every single livestream, the response from community managers are "being worked on, TBA". And still this thread emerges several a week. But I guess people (mis)interpret what they want really. I don't think (even) FDev would have the nuttsacks to outright lie like that.

MDH

Top Bottom