COMPLETED CG Evangeline’s Elite Expeditionary Force Appeal (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Out of interest, how often do the stations/fabs restock?
BGS refill on stations happen once a day on BGS tick... normaly around 12PM/GMT/UTC/IGT amount per station varies...
Pretty sure that is not right. As I understand it, stations restock continuously (10-15 minute cycle), the amount they restock depends on the size of the system, the current economic state (more in boom, less in bust etc.) and probably a couple of the hidden buckets too. I've certainly seen stations increase stock away from the tick - and the tick is nearer 4-5 PM UTC at the moment by the way.

Pretty sure that is not right. As I understand it, stations restock continuously (10-15 minute cycle), the amount they restock depends on the size of the system, the current economic state (more in boom, less in bust etc.) and probably a couple of the hidden buckets too. I've certainly seen stations increase stock away from the tick - and the tick is nearer 4-5 PM UTC at the moment by the way.

The station I'm getting SC from restocks about 2-4 insulating membranes between every trip I make

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
The station I'm getting SC from restocks about 2-4 insulating membranes between every trip I make
Sounds reasonable plausible! I would expect that to be a low refill rate commodity in almost all stations given it is high value and usually only stocked in low numbers even on a good day, at least based on the supply stations local to my home base.

Sounds reasonable plausible! I would expect that to be a low refill rate commodity in almost all stations given it is high value and usually only stocked in low numbers even on a good day, at least based on the supply stations local to my home base.
Of course it could be more and some Cmdr in another instance is snarfing them up.

I was wondering if stock varies between flying in Solo or Open (I'm using the former for the quiet life!).

I think restocking is happening, as Ibold had dried up so I checked another system/station on the list I got from EDDB. On my first landing they only had Computer Components but on my subsequent trips they were selling Superconductors with a good stock.

Incidentally, I presume it is volume of actual goods delivered, not value, that counts towards the target. So if I can only manage 448 computer components, this will have the same overall effect on the targets (and rewards) as if I'd delivered SC's or IM's?

I was wondering if stock varies between flying in Solo or Open (I'm using the former for the quiet life!).

I think restocking is happening, as Ibold had dried up so I checked another system/station on the list I got from EDDB. On my first landing they only had Computer Components but on my subsequent trips they were selling Superconductors with a good stock.

Incidentally, I presume it is volume of actual goods delivered, not value, that counts towards the target. So if I can only manage 448 computer components, this will have the same overall effect on the targets (and rewards) as if I'd delivered SC's or IM's?

Yes, for the CG goals, it only matters how many tons you deliver, not which commodity.

Hm. I can understand how it works. Im only in hauling membranes. The first station I found happily this morning had around 3000t, and its almost depleted now. The second one I found few hours before had 8000 tons, I picked and delivered around 1000 tons, then when I return there were more then 9000t !

Guys... I need to vent. What is the exact point of having a COMMUNITY GOAL in both Open Play and Solo Play progressing at the same time? Help me out here. The only thing this results in is when a player finds himself in Open Play as his default mode (I want a living universe), he gets destroyed while hauling cargo instantly by 20 griefing idiot players who camp around the CG station waiting to get pathetic easy kills on shieldless traders. This is wrong on so many levels, because it effectively demotivates new players ever participating in CG in Open Play again. It doesn't make a slightest sense whatsoever. Either make a Community Goal able to be completed and participated in ONLY IN OPEN PLAY, so it forces both sides (pirates as well as player protection forces, whichever role or faction) to balance the odds, OR establish some rules, disable weapons of players engaging traders within the range of the station immediately, just DO SOMETHING, because this is absolute nonsense. Effectively what happens is, 95% of players do Community Goals in Solo Play and the only people that are left in Open Play around the Community Goals are people who didn't know how this works (BECAUSE THE GAME DOESN'T TELL YOU, HI FRONTIER) and griefers, who have pathetic lives and are using all of their free time to play Elite Dangerous sitting for hours around a station and deliberately killing defenseless transport vessels just to prove how small self-confidence in real life they have. That is no PvP you can make ton of excuses. This is lazy programming and pathetic ignorance on the side of the developers. Again, investigate my comment properly and you realize I speak the truth. It only demotivates us from participating in any community goal. Look at the attached snapshot I made to help you understand what sort of players are abusing these game flaws. Your turn, feel free to make a punching bag from me, that's what this game encourages anyway. #SALTYAF

Attachments

• Pathetic.JPG
    Pathetic.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 311
Well if CG's were Open Play only, 95% of people probably wouldn't bother and it would be lucky to reach the first tier. Even as someone who never ventures into Open for precisely this reason, I feel the pain. It would be soul destroying after 20 mins scouring bases to gather cargo, to have some immature child like creature blow up my ship for no other reason other than back in the past, Braben or someone thought it would be a good laugh to have this as "emergent" gameplay.

Well tonight my source for Insulating Membranes is recovering to pretty much to the levels it was at when I get back from handing in my 688 tonnes which is roughly twenty minutes.

The trouble with the idea of if we were all in Open then the traders would be protected by the nice combat pilots is it assumes that they get instanced with the right people when they arrive in system which is unlikely unless they were winged or a friend of the protectors, but then that arrangement would work anyway without forcing those of us who don't want to play in Open to do so.

The point of the CG being in all 3 modes is that there is only one galaxy.

Pure peace and manners in Mobius but then I enjoy pleasant exchanges and o7 from real folk. Yeah,..a little biased as well. quite at the CG port for the most part. Great wake scans as well as raw Mats on the bodies in the system. And yes the hauls can be profitable!

Pure peace and manners in Mobius but then I enjoy pleasant exchanges and o7 from real folk. Yeah,..a little biased as well. quite at the CG port for the most part. Great wake scans as well as raw Mats on the bodies in the system. And yes the hauls can be profitable!

I agree. I playing in the Mobius PVE America group. You get a bit of player interaction, but no griefing. So there is a third alternative between solo and open.

Last edited:
Agree 100%
Lyvan Kitaen
See you and others rather often while I cruise around the CGs.... Great folks and always a pleasure to see so many great folk getting along not to mention helping each other from time to time!

See I didn't know about any Mobius, is that like a Private Group you need to join inside the game menu? Again, why the game doesn't give me the option or a tip to join this and this server if I want to avoid such situations? I'm sorry for sounding sore, but I did have 15Mil. worth of mission rewards from planetary scan jobs, I spent around 5 hours doing them I wanted to collect the rewards but I stopped for a CG to help the COMMUNITY - too bad I was destroyed and all my mission rewards with it.

See I didn't know about any Mobius, is that like a Private Group you need to join inside the game menu? Again, why the game doesn't give me the option or a tip to join this and this server if I want to avoid such situations? I'm sorry for sounding sore, but I did have 15Mil. worth of mission rewards from planetary scan jobs, I spent around 5 hours doing them I wanted to collect the rewards but I stopped for a CG to help the COMMUNITY - too bad I was destroyed and all my mission rewards with it.

Info on how to join Mobius:
https://elitepve.com/page/join

I may try Mobius myself - thanks for the link. Obviously the FD policies and ethics surrounding unfettered griefing (aka online bullying) are probably best further discussed in DD. So far as the CG is concerned, this should be a shining example of co-operative gameplay similar to the tablet farming games like Hay Day, where the team works together to complete Derby tasks, fill each other's boat and other orders etc.

Anyhow back to the task in hand, 6 x 448 delivered yesterday evening, no issues getting SC's ~25 LY from Chu, double jump in each direction but hey ho. What I did notice is that Chu itself is running short of items like grain or wine, which can be sold for profit at the stations where the tech is located - never fly empty, so hopefully recharged when I'm back on the game again later today.

EFS Archangel will provide a hub for our military operations, allowing us to bring the fight to our enemies and defend imperilled systems.

Hmm... no opposing CG? I'm sure there are some who don't want to see the Federation gaining a valuable new military asset.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom