PSA: Operation Montgomery Scott - Improving the Colonia Engineers!

Ms Hicks is so charming (Good to see you're still alive - gee thanks, i'm also glad to be alive) and she looks like she just swallowed a broomstick

Anyway, her frags just got another 🍩
You see! There is another reason why cross-play would be so good, at least you'd get recognised by other players (us PC mob in particular) in game for your service, but the forum will have to do (y)

You see! There is another reason why cross-play would be so good, at least you'd get recognised by other players (us PC mob in particular) in game for your service, but the forum will have to do (y)

It wasn't entirely selfless - someday i might retire to Colonia :)
The views are nice, air fresher and the neighborhood charming

Now i feel like smashing things up, so before i do that with the sidewinder, i'm just engineering a vulture using local resources - soon i will pop in a hazrez for some relaxed flying around asteriods

It wasn't entirely selfless - someday i might retire to Colonia :)
The views are nice, air fresher and the neighborhood charming

Now i feel like smashing things up, so before i do that with the sidewinder, i'm just engineering a vulture using local resources - soon i will pop in a hazrez for some relaxed flying around asteriods
I transported the majority of my fleet and stored modules to Robardin Rock recently (about 700 million Cr!) and took the Cylon Taxi back to the bubble to dispose of my T10 once I'd moved the useable engineered modules to the Cutter. Then flew the Cutter back (45Ly Jump range) via the Neutron Highway leaving just a Sidey in the bubble...

Colonia is a great place to retire to, just enough 'adventure' to stop it being bland, but so much nicer for those with an exploration itch - folk like me that is :)

I promised and here I am.

On my way to Colonia. Only 400 jumps to go :p

1560740262-hip-22078-hip-22078-1-2019-05-08-02-26-35.png

I spent a couple of hours going round all of the engineers last night, then the Mat Traders, then the engineers again.

Sooner or later they'll all be tops :)

Anyone local selling 6A distribs - since the upgrade? Asking for a friend...

Anyone local selling 6A distribs - since the upgrade? Asking for a friend...
Short answer: No

Long answer: three of the four outfitting stations in Colonia are owned by Colonia Council, which is currently in the Boom economic state. Investment has been found in other systems in the region to increase the breadth of high-grade outfitting, but the faction doesn't tend to get there on its own just from passing traffic.

Improving the economic state of Colonia Council in Colonia to Investment would likely unlock further A-grade modules at the stations it controls, which might include the 6A distributor.

I've spent so much time visiting the engineers recently that I have a reserved space in all the ports, am on first names and drinks with all the controllers and that rumour about me and the lovely lady controller at Mel's is completely untrue, we are just good friends...

Short answer: No

Long answer: three of the four outfitting stations in Colonia are owned by Colonia Council, which is currently in the Boom economic state. Investment has been found in other systems in the region to increase the breadth of high-grade outfitting, but the faction doesn't tend to get there on its own just from passing traffic.

Improving the economic state of Colonia Council in Colonia to Investment would likely unlock further A-grade modules at the stations it controls, which might include the 6A distributor.
So, I'll have to become schizophrenic and support both The Nameless and Colonia Council?

It'll be tough, but it is for the good of all (particularly me :) )

Well, before taking the sidewinder back to bubble i went to Dove Enigma, which is controlled by Colonia Council, and sold whatever explo data i still had, that is about 2 millions cr, and also donated 1000000. Maybe it's a start in improving its economic state.

Btw, all this time i was in Open and seen exactly 2 Commanders, one docked and one docking.

Remove them.
Make all modifications not work due to some handwaving mechanic.
Presto - a special place where things work differently and better.
Now you can even enjoy PvP from the get go again - without doing overblown pointless busywork for useless overpowered crap.

Flew back home last night while watching Chernobyl.

So, what are we grinding?
Something to do with Union and expansion, but I'm not clear on that yet...
Doing 'stuff' for Colonia Council to improve the financial state and maybe get more A rated modules.
Or you could watch me getting soundly hammered by @Bigmaec outside of Robardin's Rock tomorrow night...

Remove them.
Make all modifications not work due to some handwaving mechanic.
Presto - a special place where things work differently and better.
Now you can even enjoy PvP from the get go again - without doing overblown pointless busywork for useless overpowered crap.
While I appreciate your view, I think that Engineering has also provided many good, useful, things - stuff that doesn't involve shooting at anything else.
Just consider, for a while, the good - not the time needed to collect materials, data and manufactured goods - it is there, if your bias is not so great :)

I mainly explore, 509,000 Ly so far - without engineered modules it would not have been quite so much fun - FSD, Shields, Scanners....

I'm planning a trip out there in the future to unlock those engineers for myself, Colonia is the only place to have both g5 life support and g4 shield cell banks which are both very helpful for different reasons.

Top Bottom