General / Off-Topic New film trends

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I keep up on new films vicariously through watching Red Letter Media reviews.

I keep up on new films vicariously through watching Red Letter Media reviews.
I have a bunch of youtubers who do films and games, whose tastes I know are close to mine so I can be sure that when they like something I will like it as well and vice versa.
I'd never trust a "real review" as I have found out during the years that my taste in games, films and music really isn't "mainstream". Several of my most favourite games and films are around 4/10, 5/10 mark from "real reviewers", so reading such things is evidently pointless for me.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I have a bunch of youtubers who do films and games, whose tastes I know are close to mine so I can be sure that when they like something I will like it as well and vice versa.
I'd never trust a "real review" as I have found out during the years that my taste in games, films and music really isn't "mainstream". Several of my most favourite games and films are around 4/10, 5/10 mark from "real reviewers", so reading such things is evidently pointless for me.

"Know Thyself"

What's bizarre is my tastes used to align with rotten tomatoes' reviewers, not so much the audience.
Now it's reversed.
But I've never used reviewers too often, too much . From amazon to steam, to movies, everyone has an agenda.

Its bad very bad by all acounts, and its bombed at the box office, one review I liked was if you have nothing else to watch and this is on Netflix or the like then its better than nothing.

Its bad very bad by all acounts, and its bombed at the box office, one review I liked was if you have nothing else to watch and this is on Netflix or the like then its better than nothing.

So its a better film than no film?

People should support the indie movie scene.

Anyone seen the Killing Joke Batman. Those animated version are pretty good.

Also the back of a cornflakes box contains some engaging dialogue.

So its a better film than no film?

People should support the indie movie scene.

Anyone seen the Killing Joke Batman. Those animated version are pretty good.

Also the back of a cornflakes box contains some engaging dialogue.
lol

And yeah, most of the animated DC flicks are pretty awesome.

It's a horrible movie, just like Cap. marvel bad bad bad...
Incidentally, I have been forced to watch cpt. Marvel, last night. It was an ultimatum so I couldn't refuse. These things happen to me, occasionally.
I decided to forget everything I've heard from and about Brie Larson in the last couple months and approach it like I've never heard of it, before.
And quite surprisingly... it was a decent popcorn flick. I mean, it's one of the worst Marvel films (out of those I've seen) but I've seen MUCH worse films in the past. I've done the Twilight saga marathon and walked out unscathed. Maybe I have higher pain threshold.
My point is, cpt. Marvel isn't THAT bad when you approach it like a summer B movie and forget about all the feminist crap around it.

Persons in Black, though.... nope.

Top Bottom