PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Just because you like to dive headlong into the meat grinder that is Colonia doesn't mean I'm going to do it.

Haven't you've been reading the other threads?

They'll say, "Hey, everyone out this way is fair game because there are no noobs, by definition, in Colonia."
They then turn around and do everything they can to get noobs out to Colonia.

Speaking of, I wonder what it would take to create a "Get to Colonia ASAP" guide.

I'll write you one:

1) build a ship with a big jumprange, a fuel scoop and an AFMU
2) select star classes KGBFOAM and non sequence in Galmap and apply filter to route at the map view config
3) select fastest route and use jet-cone boost in galmap in the route tab
4) bookmark Rohini and Gandharvi systems on the galmap
5) plot a route to Rohini & fly to Rohini, dock & repair
6) plot a route to Gandharvi & fly to Gandharvi, dock & repair
7) plot a route to Carcosa, fly there and drop your explo data at Robardin

Inbetween, everytime you get to a neutron star, enter the cone with the star behind you and keep speed below c-fractionals, stay in the cone until your FSD is boosted, jump

Also, everytime your FSD integrity is down to 80 %, drop to normal space, and repair your drive.

Voila, Getting to Colonia 101

:geek:

edit: bonus points if you plot a route with spansh.co.uk

Addendum: Use Cr earned in explo data to ship out the 'good' ship or two.

I skipped all points except 7) on your guide for my last trip... careless :)

I was selecting A, B, F & O as well as non-sequence & proto's and didn't stop on the waypoints - but did overnight on a few interesting planets :)

As a guide about the only thing missing is "Make sure you have AFMU or 2" Old Age, memory going....

I liked it :)

1) build a ship with a big jumprange, a fuel scoop and an AFMU
2) select star classes KGBFOAM and non sequence in Galmap and apply filter to route at the map view config
3) select fastest route and use jet-cone boost in galmap in the route tab
4) bookmark Rohini and Gandharvi systems on the galmap
5) plot a route to Rohini & fly to Rohini, dock & repair
6) plot a route to Gandharvi & fly to Gandharvi, dock & repair
7) plot a route to Carcosa, fly there and drop your explo data at Robardin

8) Contact friends you met on the official forums.
9) Agree to meet at a nearby Resource Extraction Site.
10) Laugh at the first attack as just playfulness.
11) Enunciate very carefully in chat that while fun, your hulls are now at 13%
12) Ask the question, "Dude really?" as the animation for ship destruction begins.
13) Stare at the rebuy screen and ask yourself "Why didn't I take Wargfoot's warning seriously?"

8) Contact friends you met on the official forums.
9) Agree to meet at a nearby Resource Extraction Site.
10) Laugh at the first attack as just playfulness.
11) Enunciate very carefully in chat that while fun, your hulls are now at 13% - while questioning if any of them actually know their father?
12) Ask the question, "Dude really?" as the animation for ship destruction begins. - While being offered a 'really good deal' on a 2nd hand Chieftain
13) Stare at the rebuy screen and ask yourself "Why didn't I take Wargfoot's warning seriously?" - Unless your name happens to be Wargfoot - then cuss Krash

FTFY :)

Bought this last time I was on Colonia.
D8VCBcTU8AE8uO5

Still waiting on that refund! :unsure:

They'll say, "Hey, everyone out this way is fair game because there are no noobs, by definition, in Colonia."
They then turn around and do everything they can to get noobs out to Colonia.
And after doing the various things needed to unlock a bunch of engineers, then flying 22kLY, they won't be noobs any more. Sorted.

I'll write you one:
For one aimed at beginners, then you probably need to include
- unlock and get to at least reputation 4 Martuuk, Dweller, McQuinn and Ryder
- if they think they might want to use Fed/Imp ships, rank up as necessary, and buy at least the Imperial ones
because that's going to really be annoying for them if they don't do that before they leave. That's probably the only pre-departure preparation needed now, though.

... and it might be worth going for all nine highway bases on the route, rather than just Rohini/Gandharvi
- shorter trip back if something goes wrong at any stage (probably won't take enough FSD damage to need the AFMU on any individual leg, either, which makes things easier)
- breaks the journey up which is pretty useful for people who think 22,000 LY is a really long way
- can sell a bit of data to the Council at the surface bases which will make getting the Brandon invite quicker later
- most of the surface ones are in places worth seeing in their own right, they can do a bit of Guardian investigation at Skaudai, etc.

And after doing the various things needed to unlock a bunch of engineers, then flying 22kLY, they won't be noobs any more. Sorted.

For one aimed at beginners, then you probably need to include
  • unlock and get to at least reputation 4 Martuuk, Dweller, McQuinn and Ryder
  • if they think they might want to use Fed/Imp ships, rank up as necessary, and buy at least the Imperial ones
because that's going to really be annoying for them if they don't do that before they leave. That's probably the only pre-departure preparation needed now, though.

... and it might be worth going for all nine highway bases on the route, rather than just Rohini/Gandharvi
  • shorter trip back if something goes wrong at any stage (probably won't take enough FSD damage to need the AFMU on any individual leg, either, which makes things easier)
  • breaks the journey up which is pretty useful for people who think 22,000 LY is a really long way
  • can sell a bit of data to the Council at the surface bases which will make getting the Brandon invite quicker later
  • most of the surface ones are in places worth seeing in their own right, they can do a bit of Guardian investigation at Skaudai, etc.
It was more an excercise in dropping that off my head, it's neither in the correct thread / forum nor does Phisto needed it, he's already here :LOL:
But you're right of course...

I just removed the HRPs and MRPs, the 8A SCB and added a 8B fuel scoop, an AMFU and a c5 GFSD booster. And then did it the hard way, via spansh and neutron boosts.
Had a jumprange of slightly below 40 iirc, with reactive and 8A prismatic.

I just removed the HRPs and MRPs, the 8A SCB and added a 8B fuel scoop, an AMFU and a c5 GFSD booster. And then did it the hard way, via spansh and neutron boosts.
Had a jumprange of slightly below 40 iirc, with reactive and 8A prismatic.
So it's manageable with the armour and the class 8 prismatic. Good to know. I'll be sure to take a look at spansh as well. Thanks.

Anyone have any advice for someone intending to fly up in a Cutter? Don't fancy the transfer fee and I'm intending to go up in a loadout that will be useful in open when I do eventually get there.

No, I'm not giving you an ETA ;)
I did it in a cutter with 45Ly range.
Coming from the bubble:
Head around 'North-West' and drop about 1200 Ly from the plane.
You will end up on the Western Neutron field.
Plot a course (when at the 'bottom') toward Colonia, not moving up or down - a bookmark or 2 may be needed
Ensure you have Jet Cone boost selected
If you want to make a few cr in exploration set star filter for O, A, B, F - proto stars and non-sequence stars. Will help maximise earnings.
Now just jump, lots of times, preferably with Magellan as your 'final' destination - you can boost jump to anywhere in colonia from there.

Remember to load up with at least 1 larg'ish AFMU

Say hello when you get here :)

I did it in a cutter with 45Ly range.
Coming from the bubble:
Head around 'North-West' and drop about 1200 Ly from the plane.
You will end up on the Western Neutron field.
Plot a course (when at the 'bottom') toward Colonia, not moving up or down - a bookmark or 2 may be needed
Ensure you have Jet Cone boost selected
If you want to make a few cr in exploration set star filter for O, A, B, F - proto stars and non-sequence stars. Will help maximise earnings.
Now just jump, lots of times, preferably with Magellan as your 'final' destination - you can boost jump to anywhere in colonia from there.

Remember to load up with at least 1 larg'ish AFMU

Say hello when you get here :)
Thanks for the tips. I think I've found the neutron star area you're talking about. The ship I want to bring is only managing 37 ly, but I should have plenty of jumponium if I get stuck. Still some stuff to do in the bubble (prismatics to buy, and blame Phisto for encouraging me to put more pacifiers on my Anaconda), but I'll be sure to say hello when I do eventually arrive (I'll probably be asking how to make myself useful at that time anyway).

It'll be a while before I set off, but no harm in early planning since I need to pull some serious credits together for this move as well.

Thanks for the tips. I think I've found the neutron star area you're talking about. The ship I want to bring is only managing 37 ly, but I should have plenty of jumponium if I get stuck.
37 LY is way more than you strictly need to get to Colonia - the thinnest bit is crossing the first spiral arm gap just coreward of Sol, and then it's completely straightforward from there. Anything over 20 LY should have no problems making the route.

However, what you probably will find with that range is that it takes a while to get to a point where neutron boosting is particularly effective. If you don't mind paying a bit of money, the "prison taxi" might be faster, at least to get as far as Gandharvi.

Top Bottom