Why is Triton permit locked and not the Moon?

As for eventually getting access to populated atmospheric earth-like planets, the lore and general consensus seems to have been (here paraphrased only):
''Heavily polluting stellar craft will never be cleared for atmospheric entry due to the unavoidable damage that would be caused to the fragile atmospheres so throwing them even more out of equilibrium''. Any access (if it happens) would have to be from the Star Ports using eco-friendly shuttle craft to the planet surface below (leaving our space ships up on the orbiting/geostationary stations/star ports).

o7

It would be nice to land at a starport and rent one of these eco-friendly shuttle to land on Earth-Like Capital Worlds for the reason you just explained.

According to lore, the Moon is densely populated and industrialised, far more so than rocky bodies elsewhere. FD would have to build all that. Or, they can not allow us to go there, because we're not allowed to go to densely populated areas and bother the locals.
We are but flowers in FD's attic.

As for eventually getting access to populated atmospheric earth-like planets, the lore and general consensus seems to have been (here paraphrased only):
''Heavily polluting stellar craft will never be cleared for atmospheric entry due to the unavoidable damage that would be caused to the fragile atmospheres so throwing them even more out of equilibrium''. Any access (if it happens) would have to be from the Star Ports using eco-friendly shuttle craft to the planet surface below (leaving our space ships up on the orbiting/geostationary stations/star ports).

o7
Which makes the wings and aerodynamic design on some of them pretty stupid.

Hang on - I've just realised it's Triton, not Titan. That rules out the convenient atmospheric can't-land-anyway thing.

It would be nice to land at a starport and rent one of these eco-friendly shuttle to land on Earth-Like Capital Worlds for the reason you just explained.
Hi Sensei
I don't think FDev have ever said we won't be able to visit the breathable atmosphere planets, just haven't said how we are supposed to get there. In the end, most of it is speculation on our part, FDev remain resolutely tight-lipped as per their usual frustrating M.O.!

o7

My guess is that they are locked for development testing reasons. Perhaps they are testing new ideas and using a few planets as sandboxes. Although I suppose they can just have invisible planets to do such things in a live game.

CMDR Thrust from Bradford said something about the golf and fishing minigames being developed for spacelegs on Triton are actually really fun.

:D S

That's what I said too, you can't go there for whatever reason. But what's the official statement for the moon?
Where have you found that Triton is a military planet? As far as I know it is controlled by Mother Gaia which is just a standard minor faction.
Maybe the moon has been given an atmosphere so we can't land on it until we get atmospheric alanding.

The Man in the Moon wouldn't sell out so they were not able to build the needed subdivisions, strip malls and space ports for a civilized landing zone.

Top Bottom