Getting back on topic...

I mentioned elsewhere that I had a thought about the codex for the DW. I'll mention it here to spread the love..

Lyta Crane is the journalist with the 8th moon of a GG. Some stars are borderline GG and as such might qualify. This makes it much more possible to get the shot in the codex photo, if the star in the picture is the 'gas giant'. This would make the star in the image not the primary of the system.

Now: LYTA are all star classes (and Lyta is an odd name..) and in addition there is a 'Crane' constellation, known as the Grus or Gruis constellation. So my immediate thought was - is there a system in the crane constellation with A primary and an L Y & T as second stars. Some people have already checked, an not found any T stars so far.

Not sure how much of the constellation has been covered - there are a lot of stars, but only a few have an A star. Now I'm back in the bubble I might go look myself, but feel free to have a poke around. If the search is already done then do chip in here for completeness.

Getting back on topic...

I mentioned elsewhere that I had a thought about the codex for the DW. I'll mention it here to spread the love..

Lyta Crane is the journalist with the 8th moon of a GG. Some stars are borderline GG and as such might qualify. This makes it much more possible to get the shot in the codex photo, if the star in the picture is the 'gas giant'. This would make the star in the image not the primary of the system.

Now: LYTA are all star classes (and Lyta is an odd name..) and in addition there is a 'Crane' constellation, known as the Grus or Gruis constellation. So my immediate thought was - is there a system in the crane constellation with A primary and an L Y & T as second stars. Some people have already checked, an not found any T stars so far.

Not sure how much of the constellation has been covered - there are a lot of stars, but only a few have an A star. Now I'm back in the bubble I might go look myself, but feel free to have a poke around. If the search is already done then do chip in here for completeness.

Neat idea, though I'm bit bothered with localization issues. If she's Crane in all localized versions I deem a hint improbable as it would only make sense to english speaker.

Btw: Beta Gruis is on EDSM, Alnair only on Inara and Al Dhanab not on

Edit: Crane/Crone?

Neat idea, though I'm bit bothered with localization issues. If she's Crane in all localized versions I deem a hint improbable as it would only make sense to english speaker.

Btw: Beta Gruis is on EDSM, Alnair only on Inara and Al Dhanab not on

Edit: Crane/Crone?

Re: Al Dhanab
Try looking for HD 207971 in the GalMap. If it has a different name in-game (some catalog stars do) , it'll still show up with the HD search.

Re: Al Dhanab
Try looking for HD 207971 in the GalMap. If it has a different name in-game (some catalog stars do) , it'll still show up with the HD search.

Ok. Thx.

Btw.: Farseer wasn‘t that the title of the Eldar psychics in WH40K? Anyone ever tried their luck with the Eldar Craftworlds on Galmap? (Only remember Ulthwe but will give it a try)

I'm once again lost today on the line "place that isn't a place". There's just too much to digest in a statement like that. Making a list at work today (cause I'm just so busy) of anything that matches that criteria, even loosely.

I'm once again lost today on the line "place that isn't a place". There's just too much to digest in a statement like that. Making a list at work today (cause I'm just so busy) of anything that matches that criteria, even loosely.

Just throwing out there that "the wild" is a place that isn't a "place", but I did not find much in that sector. Always nice to check out the far-flungs though.

Top Bottom