hate to double post, but i'm curious if anyone finds these images significant. for clarity this time around, this is a top down picture of a Guardian Beacon. again, i have a strong feeling this has already been noticed, so i am curious if this end has been followed in the past. i dont have any explanations or theories yet, but i'd like to know if others think this is a good tree to bark up.
I think that they are visually similar...but I wouldn't put much effort into it. The Guardian Beacons bug me anyhow...they're a bit too "hand wavey" for me. Besides, the Guardians have been "extinct" long before Raxxla was ever a thing.

It's a bit crude but here's your tesseract.

Blue = facing side of larger cube
White = further sides of larger cube
Yellow = facing sides of smaller, inner cube
Fucsia = further side of smaller, inner cube

There you have it, CMDR's...now go out there and find the ole gal!

Last edited:
hate to double post, but i'm curious if anyone finds these images significant. for clarity this time around, this is a top down picture of a Guardian Beacon. again, i have a strong feeling this has already been noticed, so i am curious if this end has been followed in the past. i dont have any explanations or theories yet, but i'd like to know if others think this is a good tree to bark up.

Can you interact with that part of the structure? If no, open fire, preferrably with energy weapons. If nothing happens. There's nothing.

Actually...taking this one step further...... here it is with a "6-simplex" or "heptapeton" ghosted in behind it.

And apparently these geometrical shapes are representing in a "configuration matrix" that looks like this:

f26f98b4cffd7bb3a09a9955b0d08ed7e101d1fb

Coordinates? Code breaking? Cypher of some sort?

The Exodus Base crashes were repeatable.
A one-off crash that isn't repeatable is probably just a one-off crash.
Sorry.

Ah, don’t be sorry! It was your remarks about the duplication that set me on this path, and on the whole it has been fun.
The annoyance came from the CTD which I’ve never had before, and the non-repeatability. I hate loose ends!

Wasn't there that system around Heart and Soul nebulae that would act jumpy and disappear in galactic map? It was long time ago but I saw it myself too back then. I suppose it was later accepted to be a bug and fixed.
Yes, I noticed on this trip that the Heart neb disappeared once; but I remembered that bug from the FRifting days so didn’t get excited about it.

Last edited:
Can you interact with that part of the structure? If no, open fire, preferrably with energy weapons. If nothing happens. There's nothing.
the circle in the center is actually a sphere. when you activate the beacon by shooting it's pylons (3 structures floating outside of the main structure), this spherical orb projects out of the structure and glows with blue energy, just like the orbs that one would scan for blueprints at guardian sites. upon hitting the beacon orb with the data link scanner, you are given an ancient key from the "bottom" of the structure, those three small fins at the bottom. my original pictures were taken looking straight down while in between the larger top fins. here's some external pictures for reference.

my ship is still parked at the beacon, and i intend on doing a few more activations of the device to see if the ensuing transformations reveal any more interesting geometry.

Could not repro the CTD.
Source: https://youtu.be/MGgCvA5rGzA

Numerous systems have appeared in various patch notes for CTD fixes for one reason or another.
Edit: Not all for naught though, found an untagged main catalog star.

I think if “it” is really there then to trigger it you’ll need to visit Zeta Cass and NGC 7822 (probably S171 37, I was surprised (& suspicious) to find a tourist beacon there!) first, and possibly find TDW station too, which I reason is in the vicinity of either Zeta Cass or NGC 7822. I suspect the CTD was triggered by something/some sequence which I couldn’t repeat. Frustrating!

Edit: I suspect my hypothesis was on the right lines. It seemed to fit all but one of the “clues”. The “door that is also the key” is the one that I couldn’t fulfill; that may be where TDW station comes in.

Edit: doubly frustrating since Scytale promised me a bottle of brandy if I found Raxxla! 🤪

Last edited:
The tower of stars or white blue thing you experienced just before jumping happens to me somewhat regularly. I've always attributed it to a performance hit of some kind. I see it on both PC and XBox.

Props for the search, though. 👍

Ah, that’s interesting. It has never happened to me before, and I can’t remember any reports of it (though advancing years...!)

Ah, that’s interesting. It has never happened to me before, and I can’t remember any reports of it (though advancing years...!)
Well, I do play on a potato laptop with a Dell Intel Graphics card (takes the game 10+ minutes to boot Horizons) so there is that. On console, though, I do see it occasionally....also occasionally see a distinct white circle in the center about the circumference where the bluish wavy things stop. Like I said, I wouldn't attribute to anything other than a graphics hiccup.

I'm in NGC 7822 right now. I'm in s171 8 to be exact. You guys know what you're talking about and looking for a lot more than me, but by all means tell me what to look for.

Well, I suspect TDW station is in a system with twin stars, at least one gas giant; a GG will have 8 or more moons. The station will be orbiting the 8th moon and won’t be detectable by FSS; it might have to be detected visually once up very close (though night vision might just help). I suspect the twin stars will be hot blue, so type O, B or A, most likely B. It might be near NGC 7822, or near Zeta Cassiopeia. This is just hypothetical though, may be wrong, but all we can do is follow the few potential leads we have.

If you want to have a search then it would be helpful, Tyko’s a bit too far away to make going back very attractive. Think I’m going to Shinrarta to get an exploration ship but cant decide between Anaconda, Python or Phantom

Well, I suspect TDW station is in a system with twin stars...Think I’m going to Shinrarta to get an exploration ship but cant decide between Anaconda, Python or Phantom
Why twin stars?

Also, with GFSD's in the game now, a Phantom jumps almost as far as an Anaconda that isn't stripped down for super jumping. Phantom is a -ahem- Krait exploration ship.

the circle in the center is actually a sphere. when you activate the beacon by shooting it's pylons (3 structures floating outside of the main structure), this spherical orb projects out of the structure and glows with blue energy, just like the orbs that one would scan for blueprints at guardian sites. upon hitting the beacon orb with the data link scanner, you are given an ancient key from the "bottom" of the structure, those three small fins at the bottom. my original pictures were taken looking straight down while in between the larger top fins. here's some external pictures for reference.

my ship is still parked at the beacon, and i intend on doing a few more activations of the device to see if the ensuing transformations reveal any more interesting geometry.
Some close ups of the orb might be interesting. Also some close ups of the key, particularly what can be seen inside it. ;)

Well, I suspect TDW station is in a system with twin stars, at least one gas giant; a GG will have 8 or more moons. The station will be orbiting the 8th moon and won’t be detectable by FSS; it might have to be detected visually once up very close (though night vision might just help). I suspect the twin stars will be hot blue, so type O, B or A, most likely B. It might be near NGC 7822, or near Zeta Cassiopeia. This is just hypothetical though, may be wrong, but all we can do is follow the few potential leads we have.

If you want to have a search then it would be helpful, Tyko’s a bit too far away to make going back very attractive. Think I’m going to Shinrarta to get an exploration ship but cant decide between Anaconda, Python or Phantom
Probably the conda. Jump range on the other 2 pale in comparison. Im using my DBX for this reason.

Well, I do play on a potato laptop with a Dell Intel Graphics card (takes the game 10+ minutes to boot Horizons) so there is that. On console, though, I do see it occasionally....also occasionally see a distinct white circle in the center about the circumference where the bluish wavy things stop. Like I said, I wouldn't attribute to anything other than a graphics hiccup.

My PC is fairly powerful, with an NVIDIA 1060 gpu, 16Gb, SSD for C drive and couple of hard discs for capacity, psu oversized, water cooled...
Never had a problem with it, until this CTD. Which is what is frustrating me. Might have been a power line spike, but I doubt it.

Why twin stars?

Also, with GFSD's in the game now, a Phantom jumps almost as far as an Anaconda that isn't stripped down for super jumping. Phantom is a -ahem- Krait exploration ship.

The twin stars idea comes from two things- verse 22 of Astrophil says “Progressing then from fair Twinnes golden place”; but the principal source is the image from the Horizons menu screen. It may just be a marketing concept graphic (many people have said the station is orbiting too low, and the moons are too close, and the moon is Arial) but I suspect it’s an FD hint.

Oh I know. I did DW2 in a phantom! 56ly range but I was armed with beam and PA, just in case.

Last edited:
Some close ups of the orb might be interesting. Also some close ups of the key, particularly what can be seen inside it. ;)
i'll try to take some shots later. the Ancient Key itself is just a blue-green swirling ball of energy, sort of nebulous and without form. the orb is a bit more interesting. when activated, it separates into several pieces to reveal some nice internal machination.

these are not my pictures, just ones i quickly googled for reference, but i will be back with more angles/videos at some point.

edit: i also have noticed the 3d cube pattern texture shown on the bottom of the orb for a couple years. this texture can be found in small patches at most Guardian architecture, except the Ancient Ruins (to my knowledge). this pattern doesnt really fit with their design motif of threes and sixes (which is why it always stood out to me), except that it it sort of represents 3 vectors in 3d space, and starts to edge along tesseract geometry.

edit2: oh wow, i never even noticed that the key appears to have an Ancient Relic inside of it....

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
Seasoned explorer Ol' Pa still wondering what ship to use for explo ???
Beam and PA for.. what ? To make the Distant Gankers die from laugh or to shoot at Cone- like Thargs and end at a detention facility thousands of Ly away ? 😝

Top Bottom