ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

It depends really much on their possible capabilities: would we be able to store ships/modules/cargo there, what would be the jump range, what would it require to recharge those jump drives, how would be interactions with other players implemented (i.e. stations, including mega-ships, are "immortal" now, but what would be with those carriers?) and so on.

For now we have an example of how a group of players can put a mobile station with it's 500 ly per week to a good use for exploration ;)

Exactly, we need to know what it is, how it works, etc.

I think I'd have more fun exploring the ice planets that were promised for last year than manning a carrier. Any news of the ice planets, they are long overdue after all?

I think I'd have more fun exploring the ice planets that were promised for last year than manning a carrier. Any news of the ice planets, they are long overdue after all?

They've already said. The Ice planet stuff is being rolled into future content. I suspect that it's being used in the 2020 update and we won't see it tlll then

Also, I continue to rank Frontier amongst my favourite Publishers/Developers at the moment. Sure I wish the team would be more communicative, but in a world where Anthem, Battlefield V, Fallout 76 & the Call of Duty franchise exists, I reckon Elite Dangerous is a shining example of a "Live Service Game" done right.

They've already said. The Ice planet stuff is being rolled into future content. I suspect that it's being used in the 2020 update and we won't see it tlll then

Yep, its why I think the 2020 update is going to have a strong focus on atmospheric worlds, because these Ice Planet upgrades would fit in so much better with that. Fingers crossed!

How? I mean, they literally said no major content until late 2020. If somehow you expected more than that, then that has to be on you.
You don't think that fleet carriers are majorish content? Plus Frontier manage to disappoint me even when it's minor content, I was hoping for something other than a revamped shop.

I'm sure I'll change my tune when the big reveal comes, we'll all have 2020 vision then.

Despite the fact that it was promised for the end of last year, and will probably not arrive until the end of next year, making it 2 years overdue...

To be fair, when you pitch anything you are making a promise to your customers, that they get certain things in exchange for money. If the pitch isn't fulfilled that's usually the basis for a complaint.

customising the ship from main menu not outfitting on station is bad idea, just a remove of the part of gameplay..
there is a lack of interactions in stations with peoples, bars, auctions, now I ship customising not even with the screwdriver on surface of planets..

😤

customising the ship from main menu not outfitting on station is bad idea, just a remove of the part of gameplay..
there is a lack of interactions in stations with peoples, bars, auctions, now I ship customising not even with the screwdriver on surface of planets..

😤
MTX are not supposed to have gameplay to begin with. Removing what little there was is actually an improvement to the system in that regard. And the result is a QoL upgrade, especially as you are no longer situationally barred from using the MTX you paid real life money for if you are far from the next outfitting.

Top Bottom