HP Reverb Pro: Ask Me Anything!

My replacement ships 12th July so I would hope there will be revised units with the sorted cable available around about that date.

Nice to know, I am presuming that they have a lot of replacement units to ship first before released again to us eager consumers, but that date is good news.
My Vive is now collecting dust as it has become unusable, so i am going to box it all backup, put the original lenses back in and take a trip to a favoured high street shop to sell it. Currently in conversation with Vive Support, or should i say i send an email and they reply 4 days later sort of communication.

Phoned HP this morning, 3 times to see if i got the same answer every time....

Basically the 2 different sales guys i spoke too and the 1 tech Support guy, all said they have no idea, but hopefully it won't be to long. One even suggested 'July'!!

If HP don't know or won't say, i am not holding my breath for anytime soon!
Thanks for your effort. I have found a few people on the net that seem to think July but they don't know for sure.

I have the Reverb pre ordered and just checked my order it has been switched from "ordered" to "processing" I don't know if that means anything but it is encouraging.

I guess i was lucky here. I first got a faulty unit, and got a replacement 1 week later that works flawlessly

Last edited:
Well damn. Was looking forward to placing an order soon.
This is not certain I found this in one location on the net. I have checked with my pre-order people and a few other places and they are all saying that HP will not tell them anything. So at best this is a maybe.

Just received notification that my replacement unit order has been cancelled by HP.

They have refunded me and offered a 50 quid discount should i wish to re-order it when stock becomes available.

Good to know that they are getting it sorted properly and not rushing it back out.

I read an article, don't know if it's true or not but it said that the medical industry and industry in general are soaking up all these they can get. So the common man would be sucking up swamp water till those people got all they wanted

Just received notification that my replacement unit order has been cancelled by HP.

They have refunded me and offered a 50 quid discount should i wish to re-order it when stock becomes available.

Good to know that they are getting it sorted properly and not rushing it back out.
That'll be disappointing though.

Have you got a backup to keep you going?

That'll be disappointing though.

Have you got a backup to keep you going?

Yeah i still have the 5k+ (although i havent got it setup) and the Rift S.

I use the Rift S for everything right now.

I will give it a few months and then buy a Verb when it is sorted.

Hi, I have played ED with Oculus CV1 and recently got the HP Reverb. The resolution upgrade is mind blowing! And gladly I haven't run to any hardware issues yet.

I removed the original face cushion and put the thinner one from my Oculus VR Cover set (vrcover.com), it made the sweet spot much wider. Also got much better FOV too.

But it seems I have some issue with the IPD setting. Windows Mixed Reality Portal looks OK (the IPD is set there to 64mm) and all the apps launched from Steam looks good, but when I launch Elite from its own launcher it seems that the IPD is a little bit off. Also when I got some message popups from Mixed Reality Portal those seems to be with the wrong IPD too when playing Elite.

I have set the IPD to: C:\Users\rohirm\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\Settings.xml
<IPDAmount>0.064000</IPDAmount>

Is there something else to be checked?

Last edited:
What is amazing to me is nothing can be kept secret anywhere anymore. But what is going on with HP and the Reverb must be being kept in Fort Knox. Nobody knows nothing anywhere. The Fed. Govt. can't keep a secret this good.

Amazon sent me an alert this morning and is showing the reverb as in stock. Its only the regular version though, I'm holding out for the pro.

with Reverbs slowly coming in and out of stock now, I'm tempted to bite the bullet and get one.

Is it a worthwhile step up over the Odyssey+?

I take it you have to use 60hz mode rather than 90hz to keep the frame rate up around stations and asteroids?

with Reverbs slowly coming in and out of stock now, I'm tempted to bite the bullet and get one.

Is it a worthwhile step up over the Odyssey+?

I take it you have to use 60hz mode rather than 90hz to keep the frame rate up around stations and asteroids?
I am thinking that the ones that are showing up now are some of the ones that were defective but I could be wrong.

Top Bottom