Proto heat radiators!

Where exactly do you get these other than from material traders- what do I have to kill to get them?
They are class 5 and I really don't have enough of anything else I "Don't" need to trade for them.

Time for a killing spree.

HGEs in Independent, boom, high population systems, your results will be polluted by proto radiolic alloys, so I hope you need some of those. There is also a high possibility that if the system contains ANY Federal factions that the HGE will contain Core Dynamics Composites and proprietary composites. It;s a little bit broken right now, but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding radiators.

HGEs in systems with factions in boom state. The HGE should be titled with the faction and state.
But I want to share with you this story: Recently I've got access to Crom system, anarchy, 15k population, empty system: just one star and one station. It was in boom state, I've found 3 HGEs from the start, fourth appeared later. One with proto radiolic stuff, rest are proto heat radiators. Have not utilized them yet.

Last edited:
HGEs in systems with factions in boom state. The HGE should be titled with the faction and state.
But I want to share with you this story: Recently I've got access to Crom system, anarchy, 15k population, empty system: just one star and one station. It was in boom state, I've found 3 HGEs from the start, fourth appeared later. One with proto radiolic stuff, rest are proto heat radiator's. Have not utilized them yet.
I'll look and see if I have that permit when I log in tonight.

It really doesn't matter what system you go to, as long as it's majority independent factions in boom, but it's so random nowadays, the HGE could belong to any faction (although they do seem to somewhat favour the controlling faction as a rule). Just hit eddb.io, look for independent systems in boom near you and select one with high population and lots of stations. You'll definitely get some if you're patient and there should be plenty of candidate systems near you, just go through a few of them. This is not one of the materials that requires sacrifice, fortunately. Hope you never need improvised components. ;)

If i was an RNG spirit that would do nicely :D
I was born in the mountain of Qo'noS, Kaplah.

It really doesn't matter what system you go to, as long as it's majority independent factions in boom, but it's so random nowadays, the HGE could belong to any faction (although they do seem to somewhat favour the controlling faction as a rule). Just hit eddb.io, look for independent systems in boom near you and select one with high population and lots of stations. You'll definitely get some if you're patient and there should be plenty of candidate systems near you, just go through a few of them. This is not one of the materials that requires sacrifice, fortunately. Hope you never need improvised components. ;)
You can also set Boom/population in galaxy map :unsure:

Can't tell you how many times I was trying to find something else when all that could be found were Proto Heat and Proto Alloys.

I had so many I used them to trade for other stuff at the hated, usurious traders, GRR!!!!

The game DOES KNOW what you need.

dxm55

Banned
I keep getting this thing at HGEs in Fed space.
Like 5 of them at a go. So that makes what? 15?

Haven't found a use for them. But since they're G5, I'll keep them if only to downtrade for more stuff down the pipe.

Cue obligatory screenie of my materials tab full of G5 mats to counter any argument about materials being hard to find.

Top Bottom