Wot I did at Lavecon 2019!

I'm just a kid in my late 30s living in the States. I never got to play Elite on the NES.

I guess this, and having a family at home to support, is why I didn't get to attend.

Let me know if you guys ever want to host in Chicago or something, not that you ever will, of course.

:censored:

Hey, I'm under 50 for goodness sake. Thanks for that!

I would say that Lavecon is probably a bit more expensive to go to because of the hotel rooms and so probably the Dad's can afford it (or there will be alot of explaining about high credit card bills to the Mrs). There were some younger people there but I will admit that the over 30 age bracket was the vast majority. I'm not sure about the game's demographics are on the Male / Female split, I heard rumours that only 2% of the player base was female, so that would probably be about right.

And I don't care. That Model was so cool it needed to be in ALL CAPS.
Probably 2.8%

Looking at that photograph, you can see that FD really need to work hard at attracting new, younger players.

We should encourage their efforts to help new players appreciate the game more quickly and stick around, otherwise it really is doomed ! 🤷‍♂️

Looking at that photograph, you can see that FD really need to work hard at attracting new, younger players.

We should encourage their efforts to help new players appreciate the game more quickly and stick around, otherwise it really is doomed ! 🤷‍♂️
... when all their customers retire... from life.

Steady on there, I'm not planning on buying the farm just yet! :LOL:
Mind you, I am going to see Dylan and Neil Young in Hyde park tomorrow so point taken and you are dead right that the game does need that injection of younger players.

I hate to be this guy, but ED should shift their market research focus to the female 18+ demographic. If ED can attract young females, young males are in the bag.

Also, planting off-demographic players in events is absolutely necessary. That room shot looked like a Department of Agriculture planning meeting. Where are we going to plant the larches this year? Zzzzz.

I think you're just jealous that you weren't there. :p

I hate to be this guy, but ED should shift their market research focus to the female 18+ demographic. If ED can attract young females, young males are in the bag.

Also, planting off-demographic players in events is absolutely necessary. That room shot looked like a Department of Agriculture planning meeting. Where are we going to plant the larches this year? Zzzzz.
Long hair for Holo-Me ..... and hairdressers and manicurists in Base Building :D

dxm55

Banned
Ha, look at all those dads.

Maybe I’ll make it to one of these to kick it with the other dads someday.

A dad can dream

My thoughts exactly. I've been playing with all these daddy-Os?

Not a young'un myself, but I've managed to skip the dad.... and dad-bod phase so far. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom