Headline on Startup screen dated today, "Thargoids unexpectedly withdraw from core systens".

Reading between the lines:

FDev realizes that if they don't change course the entire bubble will be destroyed at the rate they're going and nobody cares, nobody is repairing stations, and nobody is fighting Thargoids other than for the occasional novelty of it and a few grind monkeys intent on keeping their favorite system and most of their Thargoid content is going completely ignored and unused by the player base. They need to rethink and rebalance this whole Thargoid thing while they still have players to engage.

Orrrrrr, they are just advancing the story line?

And the only way we know is because a news article told us. What happened to the core systems burning and everyone getting attacked. Optional content at its worst.

"Winter never arrived"

Orrrrrr, they are just advancing the story line?

hopefully advancing it in a more interesting direction than they have been :)

heck, for all we know this is just Galnet fluff and completely disconnected from anything actually happening in the game that players can do anything about or interact with like every other Galnet article.

Reading between the lines:

FDev realizes that if they don't change course the entire bubble will be destroyed at the rate they're going and nobody cares, nobody is repairing stations, and nobody is fighting Thargoids other than for the occasional novelty of it and a few grind monkeys intent on keeping their favorite system and most of their Thargoid content is going completely ignored and unused by the player base. They need to rethink and rebalance this whole Thargoid thing while they still have players to engage.
AFAIK Operation IDA are repairing stations very effectively (faster than I would have thought possible), and more than half of systems which get infested or incursed are successfully defended by players who are into AX stuff. It's usually wrong to think that because you aren't interested in something, nobody is.

It's more likely that this is a story stage and the Thargoids are up to something.

AFAIK Operation IDA are repairing stations very effectively (faster than I would have thought possible), and more than half of systems which get infested or incursed are successfully defended by players who are into AX stuff. It's usually wrong to think that because you aren't interested in something, nobody is.

It's more likely that this is a story stage and the Thargoids are up to something.

like I said in my original post..."a few grind monkeys"

They got word that RELSPI was licking them. They recoiled in disgust at human contact. We are, after all, vile, underdeveloped accidents of an otherwise beautiful and elegant multiverse.

I would say that yes, they're doing a rethink, and maybe they'll do the Eve Online approach....and then I realized, nope, there's nothing the players own like stations that can be put at risk by Thargoids, so until that changes, players aren't going to care that much about them.

I suppose they could attack Fleet Carriers though.

More than a few, with the results they've achieved all over the bubble.

R1fdEt3.gif

Top Bottom