Credits are too easy now.

I just did a test. I went from new account to Elite billionaire in 12 hours. I had to figure it out as I went, and I made a few mistakes. I reckon now that I know how do do it and without the RNG gods conspiring against me, I might be able to do it in 9 hours. I can remember when it didn't matter whether you went for combat, trade or exploration, the quickest you could do it was about a month of playing all your spare time. After that, people discovered clever unintended ways of shortening that, but I only used normal intended gameplay. Why did they make it so easy now? It seems a bit too easy to me. Is it because new essential gameplay is coming where you need massive amount of credits to participate?

Well of course.
It's also obviously on purpose. Now they have already attracted all the dad's who wanted the 1980s game updated, attracted all the space sim junkies, its time to switch to the regular 100 hours crowd.

Attract regular gamers
Make them feel good
Buy some paint
When they have done their 100 hours, they move on to next hyped game of the month.

How many hours have you played the game in total?

The main issue with thread like this is people never factor their own experience in. Of course it is way easier for you now, in large part because you what you’re doing.

Obviously earn rates have gone up, which is good IMO. But if you have played since the old days and then struggled when starting a new account, that would be sad

The main issue with thread like this is people never factor their own experience in.

I had ~1000 hours of experience in mid-2015. Fastest my CMDR could have made money before the initial ill-conceived long range transport/smuggling missions was about ~15 million CR an hour, with a perfect commodity trade route or rares loop.

It's way faster now, doing more reliable and lower effort tasks.

With something like 1100 hours in game since beginning (not Beta, but since release on Steam), I must say that ED finally got the credit income just right. Especially when it comes to mining.

IMO, the credit income felt right around February 2015.

The main issue with thread like this is people never factor their own experience in. Of course it is way easier for you now, in large part because you what you’re doing.

Obviously earn rates have gone up, which is good IMO. But if you have played since the old days and then struggled when starting a new account, that would be sad
That's true, but anybody can search the forum and Youtube to find out how to do it. You need hardly any skill or experience. you don't even need any engineering. This is basic beginners stuff, not like fighting Thargoids.

I just did a test. I went from new account to Elite billionaire in 12 hours. I had to figure it out as I went, and I made a few mistakes. I reckon now that I know how do do it and without the RNG gods conspiring against me, I might be able to do it in 9 hours. I can remember when it didn't matter whether you went for combat, trade or exploration, the quickest you could do it was about a month of playing all your spare time.

There has always been ways to make obscene amounts of credits, the only difference now is that even a newbie with little experience can do it, and the devs promote it

For the past few years I could make 150 million easily on a 6 minutes cargo run without mode switching, hauling just under 600 tonnes. Now I'll make 40 million max, mining and other activities provide the extreme profits. We also had all the BGS glitches, seeking goods exploits, Rare goods exploits, Robigo runs, Smeaton runs, Ceos Sothis Biowaste long haul etc etc.

When I look at a mission board, my primary reason for accepting a mission is down to what materials are on offer.

You don't see this anymore, you could just stack these cargo missions, lasted a year and a half, for some reason hardly anyone knew about it.

1267fr5.jpg

aaexp1.jpg

That's true, but anybody can search the forum and Youtube to find out how to do it. You need hardly any skill or experience. you don't even need any engineering. This is basic beginners stuff, not like fighting Thargoids.

Well, those YT videos are a bit old and sometimes misleading. For example mining - there is a lot of videos about VO mining and Painite dual spots. BUT, when you look at eddb, you will see that those Bonanza prices are long gone, at least around Colonia. Currently, you can sell 1t of Painite for something like 398 kCr max. and Void opals for something like 798 kCr max. So, this is the income around 100 Mcr. for full 256t Anaconda of Painite or full 128t Python of VOs. Both are approx. two or more hours of work which is not too funny, it is just work.

Almost forgot about seeking luxuries. Actually had my CMDR attack the luxury traders in protest.

People were buying T-6s, loading them with cargo, taking them to the trade beacon and then self destructing because it was more profitable than flying the return trip.

With something like 1100 hours in game since beginning (not Beta, but since release on Steam), I must say that ED finally got the credit income just right. Especially when it comes to mining.
200 million an hour about right then? When I started, there were guides on how to get a basic Anaconda in 24 hours from start, using exciting, dangerous and risky gameplay. I tried it a few times, then they changed something (2.0?) and it came down to 15 hours. Now it's 4 hours. I still think around 40 mil per hour maximum would be about right.

Well, those YT videos are a bit old and sometimes misleading. For example mining - there is a lot of videos about VO mining and Painite dual spots. BUT, when you look at eddb, you will see that those Bonanza prices are long gone.
They've not gone at all. I can get 200 mil an hour any time I want.

IMO, the credit income felt right around February 2015.

Before or after the CZ payout buff? After for me, 300Cr per kill wasn't enough imo and I was happy to be able to play as mercenary for hire profitably.

In 2015 the game was a niche, retro inspired game. Now it's more appealing to a much broader audience and described as a service, and the prize money for first to Triple Elite was handed out long ago.

I think the payout buffs in 3.3 were far beyond reasoning but it did get people to try mining and exploring that may not have before.

200 million an hour about right then? When I started, there were guides on how to get a basic Anaconda in 24 hours from start, using exciting, dangerous and risky gameplay. I tried it a few times, then they changed something (2.0?) and it came down to 15 hours. Now it's 4 hours. I still think around 40 mil per hour maximum would be about right.

Well, I do not know how those things works in Bubble. I was there recently just to unlock Engineers and do some engineering, but around Colonia, there is no income 200 MCr or similar per hour. It was, when mining VOs was a new thing, but currently, prices are so low... :(

if you feel like you're making too many credits just do a bunch of donation missions and unload a bunch of money.

Hahaha...

Agree with the OP though, particularly once you get some faction rep, big ships and set out to make credits fast. However, there is no end game once you get the credits after you have the ships so I mostly choose material rewards for future engineering.

Now it's more appealing to a much broader audience

And that's the worst thing that can happen to a game that fills a tight niche well.

Not that I'm sure ED ever really lived up to it's potential. I'm still waiting for the update that will introduce a dynamic economy and/or population model.

if you feel like you're making too many credits just do a bunch of donation missions and unload a bunch of money.

I feel like people are able to do too many donation missions and thus have undue influence over the BGS with minimal effort.

Top Bottom