Just got trolled...

I’d just have thought the (un) Official mug would be one of these:

metal-old-cup-10047706.jpg

You know, to keep with the whole “made of the recycled parts of ships that ran out of fuel just meters from the station” theme.

The official mugs are silver or gold in colour (yes, they are metallic finish) and have the logo and some text on them. We have issued over 300 of them over the years but the number 1 most important thing is that the can't be bought, only earned.....

The official mugs are silver or gold in colour (yes, they are metallic finish) and have the logo and some text on them. We have issued over 300 of them over the years but the number 1 most important thing is that the can't be bought, only earned.....

How does one earn?

There was once a CG to bring them scrap metal - "FOR THE MUG", quite a few people went out there by choice.

there was a pretty good passenger mission grind for a while too. never did it myself because I refuse to play a video game where I have to play bus driver...but lots of people got rich.

I kind of like the idea of being a bus driver.

Go to here, before this time and pick up passengers … Go to here, before this time and pick up passengers, all stations in the same system etc etc ...

How does one earn?
By being an utter nutter trucker. We run regular events and keep an eye out for epic deeds.

We repaired 8 stations in 10 days
Achieved gold in trading in 1 week at the end of a season
We have run 3 major convoys
One commander delivered a Hutton mug to every station within 50ly of Hutton
One commander brought ALL the rares to Hutton in alphabetical order
We had a giant 5 hour long race across a planet
We evacuated a station of its population in 3 days flat
Scaled a volcano
Etc etc

Basically, join in the PwP and the opportunities will present themselves.

By being an utter nutter trucker. We run regular events and keep an eye out for epic deeds.

We repaired 8 stations in 10 days
Achieved gold in trading in 1 week at the end of a season
We have run 3 major convoys
One commander delivered a Hutton mug to every station within 50ly of Hutton
One commander brought ALL the rares to Hutton in alphabetical order
We had a giant 5 hour long race across a planet
We evacuated a station of its population in 3 days flat
Scaled a volcano
Etc etc

Basically, join in the PwP and the opportunities will present themselves.

PwP took me here..

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/node/332

Nice shirt BTW. ;)

How does one earn?

My original Hutton Mug is metallic silver and was one of the "we will draw 100 names from a hat" mug awards after the Hutton Mug creation CG. I cherish it greatly yet still use it for coffee on my days off of work. It is only hand washed and treated with great care as it is realistically irreplaceable.

I am very proud and honored to have received this mug and show it off every chance I get. :)

MwNFXSJ.jpg

And some Centauri Mega Gin to put in it... oh, and probably want to touch up the paint on your ship too...

Gin? Check.

Touch up paint on ship? What the hell is wrong with you? Ya gotta work really hard to get that well used look. It shows you got character. Han Solo would be proud.

Gin? Check.

Touch up paint on ship? What the hell is wrong with you? Ya gotta work really hard to get that well used look. It shows you got character. Han Solo would be proud.
I'm not Han Solo, lol... I prefer my ship to not look like I just stole it from Tionisla. Anyway, the cops scan you more often if your shop has that "lived in" look...

I was half expecting some wag to suggest that you'd already been trolled when you bought the Asp Scout. It's not the most popular ship. I acutally had a lot of fun messing with the Scout when it first became available. I used it as a relatively cheap and disposable ground attack boat; the visibility is great for base assaults. I can't think of a reason to use one now, but it's good that there's still some diversity of ships out there.

And because nobody seems to have posted it yet, here's the official Hutton Truckers theme song. I can't believe this is more than three years old. Where does the time go? (Answer: in 90 minute supercruise chunks).

FOR THE MUG! (and some gin)

Honestly this meme is dead unless as part of Frontier's new "microtransaction" system, you get to buy a mug when reaching Hutton as a ship cosmetic. People been asking for that for years and carrying a 1 ton of mugs as a commodity around isn't the same (and is pirate bait) as compared to a Livery option for your dashboard.

Top Bottom