The Vulture - The Pilot

And how do you run shields ? SCBs ? Weapons ? If the powerplant was buffed to a size 5 it would work.
Edit: On an armored G5 monstered plant I get 2 APAs, a Biweave and two shield boosters running. OC5 thermal spread gives me one booster more and a size 5 SCB.

Armoured+monstered PP's have decent power output, high integrity and good thermal properties.

Thermal resistant biweave + LoDraw (or fast charge if you are willing to be a bit PIP pressed during the broken regen), 2 res.aug. skill boosters (never more as the Vulture is dead w/o doublechaff - or 1 chaff + 1 HS if you're using an SCB). 1x5D (or at least 1x4D) MRP.

2xOC Pacifiers (1 incendiary, 1 drag munitions) or 2xRF phasing (fixed) pulses or 2xEfficient regular PA's (APA's are not really worth it IMO since the TLB nerf). 2xgimballed OC MC's are also good, especially while you're trying git gud in full FAoff flying.

If you're a hulltank w/o an SCB, then even an armoured+double braced PP can give you sufficient power.

Yet another brilliant review - and another ship that remains in my fleet because it has sentimental value :)

I'm just glad you don't work in my local car showroom...

Ahh Vulture.. with your deceptively low price... this remains the only ship I’ve ever bought and sold in the same hour.

Yep, I hated this thing, but not because of the ship, but because I wasn’t ready for it. It took me a while, a good while, to actually understand things like Ship Building and Power Management to be able to actually appreciate the Vulture.

Now days I own two of them. Great ship, when you’re ready.

Ahh Vulture.. with your deceptively low price... this remains the only ship I’ve ever bought and sold in the same hour.

Yep, I hated this thing, but not because of the ship, but because I wasn’t ready for it. It took me a while, a good while, to actually understand things like Ship Building and Power Management to be able to actually appreciate the Vulture.

Now days I own two of them. Great ship, when you’re ready.
You and me both... My first Vulture was sold very quickly - a couple of months later I bought another, and loved it!
I will excuse myself as the first was bought in the 2nd or 3rd week of play and I knew less than nothing about combat / combat ships :)

Last edited:
A Coriolis comparison of my old Vulture (pre-engineering build) and my current one. Quite a difference the years have made.

If you run out of ships to review, you could always do systems. Sights, opportunities, conveniences, proximity to markets, material traders, technology brokers, neighborhood and special locations. I think no one did that yet. Probably because it needs a bit more involvement to make videos about.

About the Vulture, the first time I bought it, I sold it pretty quick. Couldn't stand the sound of it, probably because I expected something more growling, coming from the Viper IV, and I got a racing car instead of a stock car. Then much later I needed a ship to try out the new conflict zones and picked a Vulture for it. Really good shields, small target, lots of punch, and good speed/agility despite the armor. A pair of inertial impact short range burst lasers made it an enduring and fun dog fighter, even if it's a bit hot in the cockpit most of the time.

If you run out of ships to review, you could always do systems. Sights, opportunities, conveniences, proximity to markets, material traders, technology brokers, neighborhood and special locations. I think no one did that yet. Probably because it needs a bit more involvement to make videos about.

Kinda feel like Ant and D2 got most of that pretty well covered. Places to go, people to see, and what-not like that.

But I'll think about it. Thanks. :D

Top Bottom