OPEN ONLY

When you made this game open only???
It’s so frustrating to have people against in a war but never see no one... it’s not a real war.
Also there isn’t real interaction with all the cmdrs.
You give us all the things against other people, but are all unnecessary if there’s no one to use against.
The galaxy is one, and only one, not infinite parallel dimensions where other CMDR lives.
This game NEED open only!!!

tenor.gif

So there is no reason to don’T play open...
<sigh>
You need to educate yourself about the topic a bit first, and then think if you can bring something new to the discussion:

When you made this game open only???
It’s so frustrating to have people against in a war but never see no one... it’s not a real war.
Also there isn’t real interaction with all the cmdrs.
You give us all the things against other people, but are all unnecessary if there’s no one to use against.
The galaxy is one, and only one, not infinite parallel dimensions where other CMDR lives.
This game NEED open only!!!
No it doesn't. It's a game first of all, so it doesn't have to in one dimension. And secondly, those who play in Solo might just quit the game instead of it was made Open Only, so you wouldn't get more players to shoot that way. And lastly, the reason you're not seeing other people is also relating to timezones, instancing, or where they're currently are in the 400 billion star system galaxy, and so on. There are literally thousands of commanders out in deep space exploring. You have to try to catch up to them if you want to shoot them.

And don't forget different platforms.
Oh. Yeah. Forget about platforms as well.

And on top of that, we're currently in a bit of a lower player count, I think. We get the huge upswings after new releases, and then after a while the numbers cool down. There were a lot of people around during Distant Worlds 2 expedition. Made a bunch of friends/contacts, who aren't playing right now. I had stopped played too until the other day.

So out of all hundred explanations to why a person won't see other people in the game in Open, forcing everyone to Open won't fix it. Unless we also force everyone to be in the same instance, only play at the same time, only use PC, and have no shields so the pew-pew fanatics like the OP can easily shotgun fish in the barrel and be happy... Because the game is made so he can blaze his own trail... but only him.

I don’t want to catch them, i’m Not intentions to do only PVP, but doing interactions with other player, to meet them, make alliance, trade with other people. But if all the group are in solo/private, where is the interaction with other CMDR? If I want to do PVP I know where to go, but nobody can catch me, because there’s no body... it’s boring to read 230+ ships in a system and meet no one.

Yes, because they don’t know how to play this game.
There is no single 'proper way' to play the game, despite what some people may think.

Some people want to explore, other people want to run a trade empire, or feel like a badass while they slaughter ships by the dozen. None of these playstyles are inherently wrong just because there is no PvP player interaction involved. If someone does not want to participate in PvP interact with other players (for whatever reason or reasons they may have), they are free to do so.
They are afraid to meet other people 🤣
Not necessarily. Off the top of my head, I fly in solo because:
  • I can't be bothered to deal with whatever PvP encounters I may face in open
  • I generally don't like dealing with other people and their drama when I'm playing a game
  • I can't take 4k screenshots in open
The last point in particular is quite important as it is a technical limitation of the game, rather than a personal preference.

I don’t want to catch them, i’m Not intentions to do only PVP, but doing interactions with other player, to meet them, make alliance, trade with other people. But if all the group are in solo/private, where is the interaction with other CMDR? If I want to do PVP I know where to go, but nobody can catch me, because there’s no body... it’s boring to read 230+ ships in a system and meet no one.
Join an expedition then. I made pretty much all my friends and contacts through expeditions. Go to EDSM.net. Sign up. Join something that looks interesting. Get to know people. Then your list will grow.

Or... join a squadron. Check out some at Inara.cz, and contact them.

Or go to community goal places, or engineers, or other famous places in Open. There tend to be quite a bit more people there.

Besides, meeting people in Open isn't as amazing as it sounds like. I've met bunches of people, but it's mostly "hi, wazup" and o7s and "cool painjob". Not much more.

I'll play in a forced open space,,if they remove all open pvp. Give commanders the option to opt out of pvp with a little toggle (check-pvp--unchecked-no pvp) then I and I bet quite a lot of soloists would come right out of the wood work.

Top Bottom