Rare Commodities List!

On Easter Sunday I like to drop into 47 Ceti and pick up some Bunnies and Giant eggs.

At 500,000 light seconds it's a very long supercruise though.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Zoy
Did some more testing last night.

Illegal rare goods don't seem to be a thing any more. The rare goods are all there, but those that should be illegal can be sold anywhere.
Do you know if it's still working that way?
I've just started playing again after a bit of an absence and I had been planning to tweak my Black Riband rares smuggling race to make it a bit more accessible.

Unfortunately, if rares smuggling is dead, then so is the Black Riband.

Do you know if it's still working that way?
I've just started playing again after a bit of an absence and I had been planning to tweak my Black Riband rares smuggling race to make it a bit more accessible.

Unfortunately, if rares smuggling is dead, then so is the Black Riband.

Strange... I was wondering lately if "the black riband" was still a thing.

It was a race where you started at one station and then went and collected a list of illegal rares and then returned back to the same station in ohh🤔🤔🤔 back in 01. There is a standing record that i thought with all the engineering etc might be now moot.
I kept the original Black Riband going until last year, when I didn't think that the format worked anymore due to legality changes for many of the rares, and a Corp government at host station closing the black market (plus increased jump ranges made route planning trivial).

The Black Riband had seen a long rivalry at that point between CMDRs furrycat and Bruski.

So I revamped the race as the Black Riband Rebooted, which actually required smuggling, but unfortunately made it too complex, so hardly anyone had a go, only that Bruski completed a run, and was a slow run in an unengineered Cobra IV to qualify for a special class.

I have a plan that will both massively simplify the Black Riband (Rebooted) and will still keep Bruski's record as a valid run.

But if all illegal rares are now legal everywhere, then the whole concept of the race doesn't work.

I'll be able to check out rare legality again myself this weekend.

Here's a link to the Black Riband Rebooted, but don't worry about the complexity - a much simpler version is ready to roll out if rares can still be smuggled.

(The link's meant to be in my signature, but I need to fix it to the new format - I've been gone for a while lol)

@Raiko
I would love to see it revamped, I understand it takes a lot of work but it was a great time trial with a good back story.
As I traverse the galaxy with what I now know, I often think about it.
Thanks.
I'll definitely be revamping the race, so long as the illegal rares still are banned in some systems. I'd hoped that LL or someone might have been able to confirm the current situation, but I'll be able to check myself this weekend. :)

If those rares are still legal everywhere, then I'll probably need to work out an alternative event, which will take longer.

After returning from DW2 (via Colonia, with some Jaques Queintian Stills), I'm now doing something I've been meaning to do for years.
My quest: To deliver at least one of every type of rare commodity to Obsidian Orbital.
I've only just started, and some of those SC trips are looooooong!

After returning from DW2 (via Colonia, with some Jaques Queintian Stills), I'm now doing something I've been meaning to do for years.
My quest: To deliver at least one of every type of rare commodity to Obsidian Orbital.
I've only just started, and some of those SC trips are looooooong!
That's a great idea, good luck @Mysturji :cool:

Take extra care going in and out of Obsidian Orbital this week, if you're in open mode.

We (me / the BRC) are running the Se7en Sisters Speedway in the Pleiades starting tonight. So they'll be idiot Buckyball racers boosting in / out of Obsidian Orbital. I'd hate for you to collide with a racer while dropping off Centauri Gin and Hutton Mugs! :eek:

I ran into a minor hiccup on Mysturji's Mega Rares Run.
I don't have a permit for Terra Mater.
Could someone help me out please and get me a ton of Terra Mater Blood Bores in exchange for some other rare stuff?
In Mobius, obvs.
Thanks eversomuch. :)

Could someone help me out please and get me a ton of Terra Mater Blood Bores in exchange for some other rare stuff?
In Mobius, obvs.
Hi Mysturji,
I've got a Terra Mater permit, I'd be happy to help out with your quest gratis.

As you know, I'm usually in Open, I've no problem meeting up in Mobius though. I'm struggling for time during the week, but could meet during the weekend.

I've also got the permits needed for Crom Silver Fesh, Jotun Mookah, Waters of Shintara and Vega Slimeweed if you need help with those.

Thanks for the update about the "illegal" rares, I've not had the chance to check for myself yet - looks like my Black Riband smuggling challenge is dead for the time being.

Thanks Raiko!
Good point about the other permit systems. I have so many I just assumed I had them all before starting. I have permits for Shinrarta and Vega, but not for Crom or Jotun.
I usually play in Open too, but while the rebuy isn't a problem, one griefer could necessitate another trip to Colonia!
I'm busy on Saturday, but I could meet up pretty much any time on Sunday.

In Mobius, obvs.
Hi Mysturji.
I didn't mention this when you first stated what you were doing as I assumed that you would want to collect the rares yourself but, There was an initiative to collect and take at least 1 of each rare on the DW2 journey. I offered to be the bank and redistribution to the pilots when they left.
Although the keen "collectors" were asked NOT to get too many as space was at a premium, They still got too many and I ended up borrowing another 3 T9's to store them.
I have kept 1 of each in an alt so as to have "the galactic collection" but this still leaves several hundred mixed rares sat doing nothing. I will PM you a link to the inventory and you are welcome to any of them. BTW I have 32 blood bores spare.

Hi Mysturji.
I didn't mention this when you first stated what you were doing as I assumed that you would want to collect the rares yourself but, There was an initiative to collect and take at least 1 of each rare on the DW2 journey. I offered to be the bank and redistribution to the pilots when they left.
Although the keen "collectors" were asked NOT to get too many as space was at a premium, They still got too many and I ended up borrowing another 3 T9's to store them.
I have kept 1 of each in an alt so as to have "the galactic collection" but this still leaves several hundred mixed rares sat doing nothing. I will PM you a link to the inventory and you are welcome to any of them. BTW I have 32 blood bores spare.

Would you mind selling one of each into Jameson Memorial to see if anything odd happens? I'm slowly doing it but at my rate it will take me a year.

I had an idea they may form part of some ceremonial journey you need to take round the bubble.

There is literally no science behind this.

Top Bottom