PSA: Loren's Reapers Declare Martial Law in Carcosa

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There's been an anarchy system in control of Carcosa since April. Considering the history of the nebula, that's pretty impressive. All the credit goes to our team and the folks helping us.

And here's the thing... we're not going anywhere.

But there's one juicy thing I'd like to tell you about the folks that supposedly carry Salome's torch. Want to hear it?

But you're cool. You should help us. :)

Yea gwan give us the info, Well once I've moved I'll be on the PC as soon as possible so I could proaby ose on down after the initial few weeks of re grinding engineers and farming up materials aye. Don't know how much use I'd be but it could well be a laugh.

There's been an anarchy system in control of Carcosa since April. Considering the history of the nebula, that's pretty impressive. All the credit goes to our team and the folks helping us.

And here's the thing... we're not going anywhere.

But there's one juicy thing I'd like to tell you about the folks that supposedly carry Salome's torch. Want to hear it

Just the same old propaganda

One day it is

We believe Colonia was never meant to belong to a select few. It belongs to any Commander that seeks solace from the trials and tribulations of the Bubble.

Now it is kill on sight those that don't agree with our vision of, of that is right because you have already it is the Loren's Reapers way or no ones way

Beyond that we believe Anarchies are one of the best ways Commanders can stand up and say we will make it on our own. The outlaws, rebels, and vagabonds among the galactic community deserve a place to call home in Colonia... or no one does.

As all the claims are just a pretext to taking over, and labelling these that resist the power grant "anit freedom" even though you have made it clear everyone else must give up their choices and freedoms to cede you the power you demand

So much for

I wasn't kidding when I said the Nameless were a nice Anarchy. They only deal in arms, armor, and ships. No slaves, drugs, or anything else to speak of.

We are the nice kind of Anarchy, we are a nice kind of gang, give us what we want or suffer as you are just like any other violent faction

As far as violence is concerned, look around buddy. In this galaxy it's the only way to get things done no matter the name on your ship.

Loren's Reapers want to use the Nameless for gaining power and control?

Go ahead but don't think the "we are just nice anarchists here for freedom, and it is the others that are the old guard that hate change" isn't paper thin

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

:unsure:

Sounds good to me.:ROFLMAO:
D_x07eDXkAEfayx

Last edited:

One day it is

Now it is kill on sight those that don't agree with our vision of, of that is right because you have already it is the Loren's Reapers way or no ones way

As all the claims are just a pretext to taking over, and labelling these that resist the power grant "anit freedom" even though you have made it clear everyone else must give up their choices and freedoms to cede you the power you demand

Go ahead but don't think the "we are just nice anarchists here for freedom, and it is the others that are the old guard that hate change" isn't paper thin

I like you. You see things in Black and White too. You know they have a word for people like us.

You are correct though, Anarchies only survive by being stronger than their enemies. They can thrive for a while on the goodwill tourism of the curious but there will always be commanders out there who, for what ever reason are hiding their desire for conflict in the robes of civility and have snuck into positions where they can enflame others by pointing to the easy targets of those who are different or clearly "Other" in their approach to life.

It's Commanders like you, the Hawk in the Dove cote, who does more in the name of conflict than the Anarchist Commanders themselves.

Like it or not, it is you which makes the Anarchist into the Pirate and the Pirate into the Griefer. Weird huh?

for the record, when I heard what the Legion had planned I was all for it and reached out to Distant Ganks 2. I thought the idea was to declare shock and awe on colonia and in the chaos flip as many systems as possible. I set up a Discord and all sorts of familiar and well known Gankers descended on it. The scene was set for some terrible things.

However, the good people of the Legion rejected this approach and instead insisted they wanted to build something in Colonia, not destroy it. They walked away from my plan of total war and went about doing what they have done. Quietly and with an eye to community and Roleplay. Those who have interacted with them would no doubt testify to their intentions.

I think they should be congratulated for this approach. Their efforts should be recognised and allowed to continue.

Also your sig seems to be broken.

Yea gwan give us the info

We've received direct confirmation that members of Children of Raxxla are working against us. It's not sanctioned by the group, but there you go. Only one decided to side with us.

For the unaware they are the other big group linked to Kahina Loren.

One day it is

So much for

We are the nice kind of Anarchy, we are a nice kind of gang, give us what we want or suffer as you are just like any other violent faction

The defenders of the status quo are so predictable as to be mind numbing. The Reapers have been a net positive for the Nebula. Period. Dot.

I appreciate the confirmation we are a threat to the powers that be. Feels good.

Children of Raxxla
not to be catty or resort to name-calling but until now I literally thought CoR was an in-lore pro-Thargoid group, that's how weird and creepy that name is

The defenders of the status quo are so predictable as to be mind numbing
also not to hold contradictory beliefs or be a smartass but aren't you currently fighting to preserve the status quo within your own system

also not to hold contradictory beliefs or be a smartass but aren't you currently fighting to preserve the status quo within your own system

Colonia has about 70 inhabited systems and the vast majority, if not all, are controlled by player backed factions. When you look around it is the single most static area of space in all the galaxy. Everyone, even SDC's faction who were utterly vilified for getting a faction out here, own their home systems. The rest? More or less dished out like pieces of cake at a birthday party.

As far as I know there as never been an Anarchy system in control this long. And it's only since April.

One system. Several months.

Tell me, how are we the status quo again?

Uh oh. I'm pretty sure your CMDR Salami wouldn't want that. I'm pretty sure martial law is against everything anarchy stands for, what with, you know... this being enforcement of rules. You know who likes rules?

The Club.

Dun dun duuuuun

You're one of those people that wants the sexy anarchist title but absolutely has no idea of the responsibilities required. Can't blame you for that. It's most people.

Tell me, how are we the status quo again?
If you stay in power more than one month, you've had enough time to blow up a planet, and you guys haven't done that. If not blowing up a planet isn't the status quo, then I don't know what is. Frankly I'm disappointed. Even in-character, blowing up an uninhabited planet is a long-term goal.

I think they should be congratulated for this approach. Their efforts should be recognised and allowed to continue.

Once can recognise and praise RP but that doesn't mean one needs to roll over or accept the propaganda
I am not commenting on neither the Meta game, nor the players but the RP

Also your sig seems to be broken.

It is hosted on Photobucket, so Its always broken

Where did you get that assumption that anarchies don't have rules?

You talk about chaos.

Anarchy = no rulers, by definition. No rulers = no rules, because there's no one to implement those rules.

You're implementing rules. You have, therefore, de facto declared yourself the law in the system. Not just that, but you're enforcing those rules through force.

That's not anarchy, that's brutal dictatorship. The rule of the strong.

EDIT: oh my me. You think anarchies have rules that are enforced by someone, rather than kept up by voluntary cooperation of the system's members. May I suggest some light reading of, say, Kant? The short version of his definition of anarchy is, if I remember correctly, law and freedom without force due to voluntary cooperation.

CMDR Peperone' is rolling in her grave, I bet.

Last edited:
Colonia has about 70 inhabited systems and the vast majority, if not all, are controlled by player backed factions. When you look around it is the single most static area of space in all the galaxy. Everyone, even SDC's faction who were utterly vilified for getting a faction out here, own their home systems. The rest? More or less dished out like pieces of cake at a birthday party.
Colonia is controlled by Jaques, Ratraii is controlled by Colonia Cooperative. They probably are player-backed in the looser senses of the word (certainly both get plenty of support from unaligned pilots!). But those are special cases - of the normal systems, the only one without obvious player backing is Einheriar Agri-Works Ltd controlling Einheriar.

One exception on the ownership of home systems: following the events of the second regional conflict, the CEI-5 faction GVC Flying Tigers do not control their home system of Chrysus, though I doubt anyone would stop them if they wanted it back.

The first and second regional conflicts, between them, give a pretty good demonstration of why the orbitals are divided up - like cake, as you put it - between groups which largely respect each others borders.

(As a technical aside, the BGS changes in 3.3 and 3.4 had the indirect effect of substantially stabilising the Colonia region by significantly reducing the amount of maintenance required in unopposed conditions. They also introduced a bug which makes it more difficult for certain types of change to occur in the systems around Colonia itself but which doesn't - yet! - significantly affect the bubble. So that's made the day to day events a lot more static even though the political situation didn't change)

The awkward thing about ED RP is that because it's so decentralised but shares a setting, pretty much EVERYONE taking a strong stance on anything is misunderstood somehow.
LRCV supports Anarchy, which is cool, and their definition of an anarchy is pretty cool too. However, other people (IC or OOC) think Anarchy is baby-murder kill steal death land where everyone is purest evil. Heck, I was one of these people! Some characters exist in a version of the universe which is nowhere near as grim, so they seem ridiculously well-adjusted compared to someone who sees the setting differently.
The game's lack of personal interactions and (let's face it) less-than-engaging storytelling means it is fairly ambiguous about it either way. Which leads to all the misunderstandings.
Naturally, everyone's gonna fight anyway because it's cool to win the video game. I'm just looking at the IC anarchy debate happening again and being reminded of my first thoughts on the subject.

Anarchy = no rulers, by definition. No rulers = no rules, because there's no one to implement those rules.

You're implementing rules. You have, therefore, de facto declared yourself the law in the system. Not just that, but you're enforcing those rules through force.

That's not anarchy, that's brutal dictatorship. The rule of the strong.

CMDR Peperone' is rolling in her grave, I bet.
If you're gathering knowledge about political philosophy in a video game, maybe you're doing something wrong.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom