Palins research centre has been attacked by Thargoids

I left my scavenger ship (python) in maya for safekeeping last weekend so this looks like a fun trip out of the area.

Incidentally, I found this on my allotment earlier so I think they're on the way.

Well, after seeing some of AXI vids, I think that this whole Thargoid stuff is not for me. All those videos are from Open, with a lot of CMDRs etc.
I am Solo player, so it would be dumb to try solo some Thargoid. Better to stay at Colonia...

Deleted member 110222

D
I've calmed down.

Don't get me wrong though. I still think FD is stupid for locking people out of G5 engines like this, and I will give harsh criticism here, as frankly it's the only correct response. It's easy for all you regulars here because you already have your ships done and the blueprint pinned.

But that option has been very unfairly ripped away from the guy who purchased the game a couple of days ago.

See the problem here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've calmed down.

Don't get me wrong though. I still think FD is stupid for locking people out of G5 engines like this, and I will give harsh criticism here, as frankly it's the only correct response. It's easy for all you regulars here because you already have your ships done and the blueprint pined.

But that option has been very unfairly ripped away from the guy who purchased the game a couple of days ago.

See the problem here?

You must know by now FD don't care about balance; grandfathered mods, extra pip for ALT cmdr multibox. They don't give 2 hoots.

Deleted member 110222

D
You must know by now FD don't care about balance; grandfathered mods, extra pip for ALT cmdr multibox. They don't give 2 hoots.
You're right. They really don't.

I think it's time to once again evaluate my involvement with ED.

Because they have the worst GM in the current market. That is not good for an MMO.

I've calmed down.

Don't get me wrong though. I still think FD is stupid for locking people out of G5 engines like this, and I will give harsh criticism here, as frankly it's the only correct response. It's easy for all you regulars here because you already have your ships done and the blueprint pined.

See the problem here?

Well, seriously. FD will not lock new players from Engineering. Maybe there will be a one or two weeks pause in availability, but after that, the services will be restored one way or another.. FD is a normal gaming company, not some bunch of crazy lunatics and they want/need to do a normal bussiness in gaming industry. So, there will not be wipe, no destruction of stations with ships of players who did not logged into game for month or year etc.

Deleted member 110222

D
Well, seriously. FD will not lock new players from Engineering. Maybe there will be a one or two weeks pause in availability, but after that, the services will be restored one way or another.. FD is a normal gaming company, not some bunch of crazy lunatics and they want/need to do a normal bussiness in gaming industry. So, there will not be wipe, no destruction of stations with ships of players who did not logged into game for month or year etc.
Bloody better not.

I'd like to play the game with the same opportunities as everyone else.

That's not entitlement, that's paying for a service without tiered customers.

Well, after seeing some of AXI vids, I think that this whole Thargoid stuff is not for me. All those videos are from Open, with a lot of CMDRs etc.
I am Solo player, so it would be dumb to try solo some Thargoid. Better to stay at Colonia...

Please don't worry, I still regularly hunt Thargoids solo. You can start with Scouts (in nearly any ship, AX Multis help) and work yourself up to a Cyclops (Krait MKII or Anaconda). Now, going beyond a Cyclops solo is possible, but very challenging.

For having a lot more fun, joining the AXI frail is the way to move forward. They do offer hunting in PG as well.

So I have to do work that others didn't?

No mate, that's not how gear progression works. I'd rather just not play, which I won't for a while now TBH.

Games need to have equal chances for all, otherwise it's just bad design.

Arguably deleting your save and then complaining that things are different when you have to re-unlock things is the worst implementation of game PLAY that I have seen.

But to answer your question: yes it appears so.

I've calmed down.

Don't get me wrong though. I still think FD is stupid for locking people out of G5 engines like this, and I will give harsh criticism here, as frankly it's the only correct response. It's easy for all you regulars here because you already have your ships done and the blueprint pinned.

See the problem here?
No one is excluded, Mal Brendon still has them. Your laziness is not an excuse, you can get here in less than 3 hours.

Deleted member 110222

D
Arguably deleting your save and then complaining that things are different when you have to re-unlock things is the worst implementation of game PLAY that I have seen.

But to answer your question: yes it appears so.
Very bad argument.

What about the guy who purchased and installed for the first time just a couple days ago? Why does he get punished for not being here earlier?

Bloody better not.

I'd like to play the game with the same opportunities as everyone else.

That's not entitlement, that's paying for a service without tiered customers.

Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.

Seriously, do one of the following:
1. wait and no doubt palin will be installed elsewhere or back in the usual place in a week or two.
2. presumably you pinned G5 if you've been there. If so just upgrade elsewhere.
3. Fly to colonia and use Mel whatshisname(?)
4. evaluate if you need the G5's at all - you don't have to have everything maxed out to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
It really isn't. Not everybody plays games to be the king.

Yes, of course, there is a limited amout of "masochists" in the mass of computer games players. But this particular set of players is below the scope of the mainstream game developers. And FD is a mainstream game developer and publicly traded company. They really do not want to scare potential customers of those ZOO Theme park games just because potential customers will be affraid to play, because some day those apes and hippos in ZOO will go wild... :)

Top Bottom