Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

I see your points in Guardian PP & PD. Call me crazy but I actually like Guardian PP in explorer builds. It produces more energy and it's lighter than the G5 Armoured; it has more integrity than the standart and G5 overcharged ones. It produces more heat but who cares in an exploring ship.

Thing is, if G5 Armoured + Thermal Spread PP has enough power for your ship, it's generally the best for AX combat (or maybe for any combat?). If it doesn't, the Guardian PP may be a better choice because overcharged PP would lack the integrity and be too squishy.
I have a niche for Guardian PP (I used it in all of my ships including the AX ones lol) but I don't see any purpose of the PD. Sure, it boosts the PP but it's just meh. What if it's just enough for G5 Armoured PP to work on your ship? I don't know.
It has worse capacity and recharge rates compared to the Charge Enchanced + Super Conduits, it just has the integrity advantage but the main purpose of a PD in combat is the recharge rates. It just doesn't do its main job.

I used both Guardian PP & PD in my AX ships, I was too lazy to engineer the human ones, but they just weren't enough for a Medusa. It's just not fun when the old, regular human tech is better than the super new alien supertech hybrid.

What I would like from the guardian stuff is the set bonuses:

- Guardian PP boosts the HRP, MRP, SRP's
- Guardian PP & PD are more effective when combined together.
- Guardian PD has bonus recharge/damage/thermal efficency on guardian weapons. etc.

I like using Guardian for that reasoning, too. Many use it just to have to not worry about engineering two components. And you can under-class them, as they generally run a class higher in output. Well at least the PP.

I just managed for the first time to solo a Cyclops with a Krait armed with x3 gauss cannons :). Very happy indeed! Still I need to better learn how to avoid the Swarm.

Congrats! :cool:

I did my 1st solo Cyclops kill with my Python on Saturday night :), used 2 gauss cannons for that, but my 2nd & 3rd kills I used 3x gauss which was naturally much quicker. Although heat was a problem! And as usual the cargo hatch malfunctioned dumping my limpets![sour]

Last edited:
Congrats! :cool:

I did my 1st solo Cyclops kill with my Python on Saturday night :), used 2 gauss cannons for that, but my 2nd & 3rd kills I used 3x gauss which was naturally much quicker. Although heat was a problem! And as usual the cargo hatch malfunctioned dumping my limpets![sour]
Congrats! Came for anti-tharg advice cuz I suspect this sudden thargoid retreat is a precursor to a much more serious assault, but your signature caught my eye. Do you have a Muon speaker setup?!

Muon speakers?? Lol, no, it's one of the many distributed computing projects I have contributed data crunching power to. I'm sure I had DC in my sig at one point! ;) (maybe I didn't have enough char's left).

As for anti-tharg advice, don't use a Python! ;). It's much slower to turn than a Krait mk2, can boost far less often, as well as having slightly lower max & boost speed. And despite the Python's slightly stronger shields & armour (hardness & quantity), the Krait mk2 takes far less damage.
Use Guardian weapons & don't bother with AX MCs or missiles (including the recent addition). Don't bother with the SDFN or xeno scanner unless you've got plenty of spare slots (like in the big ships). Hit & hold FA off the second you here the 'goids are about to deliver an EMP (& don't rely on the ships computer warning of it!), then boost away if you're right near interceptors. Err, how much info do you want? ;)

So whats the best ship to hunt Thargoids in? I hear the Type-10 is a bit of a joke. Also, let me know if anyone runs guardian slf and wants a multicrew member.

Last edited:
So whats the best ship to hunt Thargoids in? I hear the Type-10 is a bit of a joke. Also, let me know if anyone runs guardian slf and wants a multicrew member.
Folk have soloed a Hydra in a Type 10, I think it's amazing to watch, there's a lot of skill involved.

As for the best ship try the one you enjoy flying the most, they can all be made to work to an extent, even the sidewinder.

However, Krait II is the best medium, the sweet point combination of speed/armour/shields, hardpoints and a class 7 PD.

I was thinking this Anaconda because I like large ships (thats why I was sad that the type 10 isnt actually that good). If I were to fly a medium it'd be the FGS suggestion on the here https://canonn.science/lab69xia/axi-fgs-build/

This is what I made for my take on the Anaconda https://s.orbis.zone/3tty

I will look into the Krait though, thanks for the suggestion. I think the only thing stopping me from doing it is that I dont own a Krait atm. But then again I don't own a conda and are willing to drop close to a billion to make it lol.

I will look into the Krait though, thanks for the suggestion. I think the only thing stopping me from doing it is that I dont own a Krait atm. But then again I don't own a conda and are willing to drop close to a billion to make it lol.
Ha :)
I'm not a big ship fan, always prefered being fast and maneuverable.

That FGS build looks solid although a tad slow for a medium.
Your conda looks like mighty tanky (y)

Last edited:
Muon speakers?? Lol, no, it's one of the many distributed computing projects I have contributed data crunching power to. I'm sure I had DC in my sig at one point! ;) (maybe I didn't have enough char's left).

As for anti-tharg advice, don't use a Python! ;). It's much slower to turn than a Krait mk2, can boost far less often, as well as having slightly lower max & boost speed. And despite the Python's slightly stronger shields & armour (hardness & quantity), the Krait mk2 takes far less damage.
Use Guardian weapons & don't bother with AX MCs or missiles (including the recent addition). Don't bother with the SDFN or xeno scanner unless you've got plenty of spare slots (like in the big ships). Hit & hold FA off the second you here the 'goids are about to deliver an EMP (& don't rely on the ships computer warning of it!), then boost away if you're right near interceptors. Err, how much info do you want? ;)
Oh cool, thanks!

I think I asked somewhere else, but don't recall getting a reponse so I'll try here.

I saw in a video what appeared to be (haven't tried it myself) that if you drop a heatsink then reboot/repair... an interceptor will disengage. Is that true? If so, is it a bug? Something else? I know running cool means their weapons are less accurate... but the whole "I'm just gonna sit there and do nothing" that the interceptor does is pretty crazy.

I think I asked somewhere else, but don't recall getting a reponse so I'll try here.

I saw in a video what appeared to be (haven't tried it myself) that if you drop a heatsink then reboot/repair... an interceptor will disengage. Is that true? If so, is it a bug? Something else? I know running cool means their weapons are less accurate... but the whole "I'm just gonna sit there and do nothing" that the interceptor does is pretty crazy.
That the T10 vid? I've not tried it yet either.

Heatsink and reboot/repair by itself definitely doesn't have that effect with the interceptor. If you do it after destrying a heart and boosting away the interceptor follows and will attack while you're rebooting, even if you're at zero heat.

My guess is that when a heart is destroyed the coding for the Interceptor brings up the shield, starts the countdown timer for deploying the swarm and has various responses for player actions including tracking their heat, but if the player doesn't do anything and there's no heat profile then there's nothing to respond to and the interceptor just sits there. Rather than a bug as such I think it's just missing coding for something they hadn't anticipated.

However, I actually think it's quite a clever tactic and could be much harder to do than it seems from the vid (it's a really, really good AX pilot).

If it's easy to do I'd like to see it patched, if it takes skill them I'd be happy to see it left for those that can make use of it.

I was thinking this Anaconda because I like large ships (thats why I was sad that the type 10 isnt actually that good). If I were to fly a medium it'd be the FGS suggestion on the here https://canonn.science/lab69xia/axi-fgs-build/

This is what I made for my take on the Anaconda https://s.orbis.zone/3tty

Both Anaconda and FGS are bad AX ships. Corvette and FAS are the better versions of them respectively.
AXI is not active on forums, use the Discord server: https://discord.gg/bqmDxdm
Builds on the Canonn’s website are outdated.

Top Bottom