PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

I hate that Dropship!

Good fights, Maec. Looking forward to watching these. I'm glad this is becoming a regular thing. It'd be great if Carcosa was an island of "Not bad, actually" relative to most of the PvP skill out there in this game. :)
Speaks about skill... looking at my gimbal/seeker outfit 😂
I wish I could hit with fixed like a certain boy wizard in his latest video * dreams *
But as said, that was as good as I can do with HOTAS & without curves. Hope I still have room to improve.
I just found the wing fight with you, Ren and Midian on my drive. Guess that one goes up tomorrow.
Regular wing trainings are a must, as you can see in that vid (another teaser 😅)

Here is round 3 of the day, where Phisto got his Prismatics out of Carcosa's module storage and see what happens next:

Question for the Pros: does phasing have a drop-off? Asking for a friend...

But as said, that was as good as I can do with HOTAS & without curves.

All the dropship variants and the Lakon combat ships really benefit from curves...anything with a lot of yaw really.

Most 1st party HOSTAS software allows curves to be applied and there are always programs like Joystick curves if your hardware doesn't have such software, or you simply prefer not to use it.

If you're worried about having an unfair edge up on mouse users, for some reason, keep in mind that both Windows (cursor speed and 'enhance precision' settings), the game itself (power curves), and many mice (various DPI buttons) offer their own equivalents.

does phasing have a drop-off?

No.

wait - phasing damage isn't affected by falloff either? I knew it ignored resistances and hull hardness, but if it's still doing full phasing damage at max range that makes focused blueprints even better.
No it's absolute poopoo because I have to rethink and reengineer some builds. Excuse me now, I have to grind materials...
🤯

No it's absolute poopoo because I have to rethink and reengineer some builds. Excuse me now, I have to grind materials...
🤯
Well, it depends on your engagement range. For mediums, against anything with a higher hull hardness than a viper mk4, focused beats long range against hull inside around 3km thanks to that armour penetration boost. Smalls benefit even more.
Huges, on the other hand, are strictly worse running focused against anything short of a corvette or T10 (and even against those, the benefits are marginal at best and drop off at less than 1.5km) and larges are pretty close too. No point trying to boost your AP when you're doing full damage against most targets, so when I'm making a laserboat I tend to run focused on small/medium and LR on large/huge.

Long range matches or beats focused against shields under all circumstances.

Other lasery notes: bursts give you nicer DPS but the DPE is equal to pulses. If you're bottoming out your distro, turrets are marginally more wep-efficient than gimbals, but fixed still beat them out. Another thing to note is that while the DPE is the same, the thermal load for bursts is a lot higher than pulses so if you're cooking yourself with those focused burst lasers try pairing them with a thermal vent beam if you don't want to switch to pulses.

Yeah I know I now need four of each focused phasing and efficient phasing medium pulses for my dropship.
To see which of them makes @Phisto Sobanii the most mad (and subsequently keep them) :LOL:

Edit: another idea - mixing two long range and two focused ?!

Last edited:
I've refit my cutter recently - it still sucks for trying fixed weapons (I was hoping the two mediums on the bottom would be at least marginally useful for rails, but no) so I've made it all phasing pulses. LR on the larges and huge, Focused on the mediums. Everything on it is turreted except for the huge, which is gimballed. Great for training up fighter pilots too, even harmless ones can't really avoid killing stuff with it.

Plus I get to fly a fighter, which is always fun.

One more of the vids I made in our recent Carcosa shenanigans, this was my first organised wing fight.
Ren and I versus Phisto and Walter. Our strategy was: focus on Phisto and take him out. Their strategy was focus on me and take me out.
I guess I need A LOT of training 😅

I forgot about everything.
Pip management, staying focused, chaff, my rail, etc. etc. etc. :LOL:

After reading some tips here and in our discord I modified my FDS "Bricky McBrickface" accordingly
and changed the c3 seeker rack with rapid fire to a c3 seeker with high cap (both drag).
Also I changed two pulses from long range to focused (both phasing).
I noticed I had goofed up with one HRP, as it had thermal resist instead of heavy duty (no need for thermal as I run reactive heavy duty)
After engineering I noticed a friend in Colonia, and so I jumped over to test it a bit.

(the vid is a bit borked because I was watching another vid on second screen and somehow nvidia recorded the sound of that too - disregard)

One thing to notice: directly in the beginning St4r Fox got the better end and immediately dropped my shields in the first pass.
Keep bringing enough shields or hull CMDRs, otherwise you're dead against such a gimbal frag Clipper!
Also in retrospect it was a lot less close then I first thought.
If you ask why I did boost towards my enemy with long range pulses against a gimbal frag Clipper:
a) it was a friendly and I won't reverski in those
b) you can't keep the distance against a Clipper in a FDS anyways
I was just astounded that the Clipper was running without MRPs, and wasn't mission killed by my seekers.
The hardpoints are that far away from each other I should've targeted them individually.

Thanks to CMDR St4r Fox for the fantastic belly flop finish 😂

After reading some tips here and in our discord I modified my FDS "Bricky McBrickface" accordingly
and changed the c3 seeker rack with rapid fire to a c3 seeker with high cap (both drag).
Also I changed two pulses from long range to focused (both phasing).
I noticed I had goofed up with one HRP, as it had thermal resist instead of heavy duty (no need for thermal as I run reactive heavy duty)
After engineering I noticed a friend in Colonia, and so I jumped over to test it a bit.

(the vid is a bit borked because I was watching another vid on second screen and somehow nvidia recorded the sound of that too - disregard)

One thing to notice: directly in the beginning St4r Fox got the better end and immediately dropped my shields in the first pass.
Keep bringing enough shields or hull CMDRs, otherwise you're dead against such a gimbal frag Clipper!
Also in retrospect it was a lot less close then I first thought.
If you ask why I did boost towards my enemy with long range pulses against a gimbal frag Clipper:
a) it was a friendly and I won't reverski in those
b) you can't keep the distance against a Clipper in a FDS anyways
I was just astounded that the Clipper was running without MRPs, and wasn't mission killed by my seekers.
The hardpoints are that far away from each other I should've targeted them individually.

Thanks to CMDR St4r Fox for the fantastic belly flop finish 😂

Good fight mate, best brawl i've had in a while there aren't enough hulltanks around anymore
I'm glad you liked the "Belly Flop" ;)

Top Bottom